• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwingfan19

Bob Probert passes away at 45

Rate this topic

Its a sad day in the hockey community. Bob Probert was a warrior, and a great man. There aren't many men who embodied the blue collar, lunch pail attitude of Detroit like he did. He could bring Joe Louis arena to its feet. He was "The Champ"

RIP Bob Probert

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Wow... I'm in shock. I think I speak for a lot of us when it feels like we lost a close personal friend. Just makes me realize you can't take a day in this world for granted.

Terrible day, hopefully the Wings do something to honor him next season all time best tough guy, not to many guys can put up 74GP 29G 33A 62PTS 398PIMS regular season, 16GP 8G 13A 21PTS 55PIMS in the playoffs, i would kill to have a young Probby on this team now.

On a lighter note check out this video of Probert V. Domi II, we al know the belt motion Domi did after there first fight well check out Stevie Y at around 1:35

R.I.P Probby

I can see the Wings honoring Probie before a game this year, it would be fitting to do it on Chicago's first visit to the Joe this season.

unfortunately, being the pricks that they are, the Hawks will probably beat us to it, like he was theirs and theirs only...

I swear to God, if they do something with the #24, I will personally burn the United Center down!!! (not really, but I will be pissed!)

Edited by LeftWinger

VERY sad. I just heard on a Vancouver FM radio station. May you Rest In Peace, Bob Probert.

Very sad for his family. He was just getting his life together in last few years.

An acquaintance of mine fought him at the Joe. Here's the PG version: It was Probie's first game back after the suspension for the 11 grams of coke he tried to bring across the border. The Game Program featured Kocur, Probert, and I can't remember the 3rd guy, but they all had their shirts off and the caption read something like "700 pounds of beef".

As they lined up for the face off my buddy (who shall remain nameless- he doesn't need this story coming up when people google his name) said to Probert "Hey, shouldn't the game program have said "700 lbs and 11 grams?. Then we dropped the goves right then and there and there. OMG what was I thinking?".

He had a lot of life to live, yet. I can find a little peace in the fact his last moments were spent out on a boat on a beautiful day surrounded by loved ones.

Edited by T.Low

Guest Hatethedrake!

Probie will always be one of my favourite all time Red Wings. RIP PROBIE. :(

Terrible news. Can't believe this I used to have one of the shirts that said Detroit's real bad boyz. Wonder if we can do something like that. Detroit Real bad boy and his name and number on the back jersey style. Wow, what a s***ty day.

VERY sad. I just heard on a Vancouver FM radio station. May you Rest In Peace, Bob Probert.

Very sad for his family. He was just getting his life together in last few years.

An acquaintance of mine fought him at the Joe. Here's the PG version: It was Probie's first game back after the suspension for the 11 grams of coke he tried to bring across the border. The Game Program featured Kocur, Probert, and I can't remember the 3rd guy, but they all had their shirts off and the caption read something like "700 pounds of beef".

As they lined up for the face off my buddy (who shall remain nameless- he doesn't need this story coming up when people google his name) said to Probert "Hey, shouldn't the game program have said "700 lbs and 11 grams?. Then we dropped the goves right then and there and there. OMG what was I thinking?".

He had a lot of life to live, yet. I feel very sad for his family.

HEH HEH! Ya, I never heard that story, but know who you are talking about... regarding the program cover, it could've been a number of folks, Torrie Robertson, Kevin McClelland, Chris Mcrae, they were all fighters that year...