• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwingfan19

Bob Probert passes away at 45

Rate this topic

Never stop shaking my head. Just when he seemed to have gotten clean, he fell again. Then when it seemed he really got clean, he dies. He was a nice guy, I met him multiple times at Metro when he couldn't travel to Canada, he used to fly NWA to meet the team at the next US city.

Anyhow, looks like a good show, is it out? If not when? Thanks for posting!

13 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Never stop shaking my head. Just when he seemed to have gotten clean, he fell again. Then when it seemed he really got clean, he dies. He was a nice guy, I met him multiple times at Metro when he couldn't travel to Canada, he used to fly NWA to meet the team at the next US city.

Anyhow, looks like a good show, is it out? If not when? Thanks for posting!

Addiction is for life. You can get clean through willpower, but your brain will always crave.

Airs Dec 14th

2 hours ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

And I think your "make up" tends to be a factor in addiction too.  Some people will get addicted (to whatever) while others don't. 

Indeed.

Some of it is genetics (Native Americans/Canadians are said to have a gene in which they're predisposed to addiction, and others such as the Japanese apparently have a pretty low rate of addiction when compared to their Western counterparts).

Also head injuries are a key factor concerning 'bad habits' as people who suffered them have a much higher % of addiction afterwards.

46 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Indeed.

Some of it is genetics (Native Americans/Canadians are said to have a gene in which they're predisposed to addiction, and others such as the Japanese apparently have a pretty low rate of addiction when compared to their Western counterparts).

Also head injuries are a key factor concerning 'bad habits' as people who suffered them have a much higher % of addiction afterwards.

I believe it's been shown that tendency towards alcoholism (and most likely addiction in general) is somewhat passed genetically. As in, even kids who were not raised by their biological alcoholic parents tended to develop alcoholism at higher rates than kids who did not have alcoholic parents at all. Suggesting that if you come from a line of drinkers, even with external factors removed, you're more likely to develop a taste for the sauce.

And if you have European heritage there's like 100% chance plenty of your ancestors were heavy drinkers.

If I'm completely wrong someone check me. I'm paraphrasing crap I read like 10 years ago.

Probie is my favorite violent coke head

31 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I believe it's been shown that tendency towards alcoholism (and most likely addiction in general) is somewhat passed genetically. As in, even kids who were not raised by their biological alcoholic parents tended to develop alcoholism at higher rates than kids who did not have alcoholic parents at all. Suggesting that if you come from a line of drinkers, even with external factors removed, you're more likely to develop a taste for the sauce.

And if you have European heritage there's like 100% chance plenty of your ancestors were heavy drinkers.

If I'm completely wrong someone check me. I'm paraphrasing crap I read like 10 years ago.

Probie is my favorite violent coke head

At the bold :lol:

Yeah - pretty much every country in Europe has more than it's fair share of alcoholism/heavy drinking when compared to the rest of the globe.

2 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

At the bold :lol:

Yeah - pretty much every country in Europe has more than it's fair share of alcoholism/heavy drinking when compared to the rest of the globe.

I just read some article recently that Europeans are genetically evolved to consume higher amounts of alcohol and high fat content foods. The theory being if you're going to survive a harsh European winter you're probably gonna be drinking a lot and eating a lot of fatty meats. I kinda just skimmed the article thou.

17 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I just read some article recently that Europeans are genetically evolved to consume higher amounts of alcohol and high fat content foods. The theory being if you're going to survive a harsh European winter you're probably gonna be drinking a lot and eating a lot of fatty meats. I kinda just skimmed the article thou.

Was that article written about Europe, or Wisconsin?

:crazy:

17 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Was that article written about Europe, or Wisconsin?

:crazy:

I'm in the wine business so I pay attention to stats on alcohol consumption more than most probably, and you f***ers do consume a lot of alcohol per capita. Some of the highest rates in the country in Wisconsin. Does beer just pair well with cheese, or are you SOBs just bored out of ur skulls?

20 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Hey now don't make fun of the "Cheese" state.  I'm still hoping the NHL will expand there and I don't understand why I want a team there at the same time.

Duh Hockeymom your subconscious is working overtime on ya.  It knows you would have Beer AND Fried Cheese Curds at every concession stand who could want more? I am ready to sign any petition for a Wisconsin team based on that alone. Probably based on dietary habits the seats would be bigger also. 

Edited by AtlantaHotWings
added content

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'm in the wine business so I pay attention to stats on alcohol consumption more than most probably, and you f***ers do consume a lot of alcohol per capita. Some of the highest rates in the country in Wisconsin. Does beer just pair well with cheese, or are you SOBs just bored out of ur skulls?

I honestly don't care much for wine - it's beer/bourbon/scotch, and more recently rum for me.

With craft beer becoming it's own food group - drinking here is accepted very casually. 

I'm certain people in California look at us like we're from a different planet.

2 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I honestly don't care much for wine - it's beer/bourbon/scotch, and more recently rum for me.

With craft beer becoming it's own food group - drinking here is accepted very casually. 

I'm certain people in California look at us like we're from a different planet.

f*** California, they're the weird ones

1 minute ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Looks like the Probie movie is on Superchannel from what I read which is a Canadian only channel? I hope they push it to Amazon offer up the fee to watch to some concussion/substance abuse organization.

Anyone see the Russian 5 movie that came out in the last year? They had a special showing of it here in Seattle but I missed it and now I can't seem to find the film anywhere.

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

5 hours ago, F.Michael said:

<----- Born & raised 'Cheesehead'

;)

You two should get married. That's legal in all 50 states now.

5 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Duh Hockeymom your subconscious is working overtime on ya.  It knows you would have Beer AND Fried Cheese Curds at every concession stand who could want more? I am ready to sign any petition for a Wisconsin team based on that alone. Probably based on dietary habits the seats would be bigger also. 

And the team can either be named the Milwaukee Mullets or the Cheese Curds!!!!!