• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Antti Niemi files for arbitration

Rate this topic

Yes.

Thanks eva, I figured you had the definitive word. how about after arby? should they come to terms, can he be traded this season?

I can't imagine Niemi being slotted below Halak or Rinne. I bet it goes *at least* $3.5M. Wouldn't the Hawks problem be worsened if Huet was rostered? sure I barely grasp that +10% cap offseason overage concept... but i'd imagine carrying his $5.6M cap hit surely is going to hurt more than the benefit of his play will offset.

Edited by Grim

Thanks eva, I figured you had the definitive word. how about after arby? should they come to terms, can he be traded this season?

I can't imagine Niemi being slotted below Halak or Rinne. I bet it goes *at least* $3.5M. Wouldn't the Hawks problem be worsened if Huet was rostered? sure I barely grasp that +10% cap offseason overage concept... but i'd imagine carrying his $5.6M cap hit surely is going to hurt more than the benefit of his play will offset.

Arbitration is just a way of settling contract disputes for RFA's. It's not a special type of contract. A player whose contract was agreed to after arbitration is no different to any other player whose contract was not. Arbitration just gives the two sides a number.

So unless they agree to a contract with a NTC, yes they can trade him.

The only thing I can think of that may have confused you is offer sheets. A player signed on a matched offer sheet can't be traded for a year I think.

Which is why they'll for sure lose Sharp if that happens.

Guest mindfly

Today is his arbitration hearing..

"Watching the hawks implode" whooppppp :thumbup:

Guest mindfly

Oh yeah i double-checked it now, thursday it is

Edited by mindfly

I can't imagine dropping Kopecky would be enough to for sure keep Niemi. Dropping him you would still have to replace him with a guy making not too much less than him most likely. I mean you drop him for a guy making 700k that saves you $500k. So is $500k going to make a difference in keeping Niemi or not? Can't imagine it would. Also you've lost so much of your depth guys do you want to lose another?

Edited by StevieY9802

just found this one. from what the article says the hawks are probably gonna have to make a tough decision come thursday.

niemi or kopeck-erhead. whose your pick?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/425185-to-keep-kopecky-or-not-to-keep-kopecky

That article is for the delusional Hawk fans that think Niemi's arbitration ruling will only garner him $1 to $2 million a year. When he comes back with a cap hit of $3 to $4 million a year they will realize that dropping Sharp will be the only way to fit Niemi in.

well they already said sharp is staying (which could be bs i suppose). I think niemi will come in around $2mil. if they decide arbitration on performance alone he wont get a terribly favorable ruling because of the team they have in front of him. if they drop kopecky they could probably get someone up from their system who will be cheap, although im not really sure who they have down there.

well they already said sharp is staying (which could be bs i suppose). I think niemi will come in around $2mil. if they decide arbitration on performance alone he wont get a terribly favorable ruling because of the team they have in front of him. if they drop kopecky they could probably get someone up from their system who will be cheap, although im not really sure who they have down there.

After MacArthur got $2.4mil for scoring 35 points I'd be surprised if Niemi only got $2mil.

I think Bowman said there would be no more deals right before the Ladd trade but I might be off on that one. Also I probably would have agreed on the price of Niemi but personally I think the signing of Halak for between $3 and $4 mill a year (not sure of the exact price) is probably going to drive Niemi's price up also. Again I might be off on that but I think that will play into the arbitrators ruling.