• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Red Wings Making Play for Modano

Rate this topic

What number would he wear?

I would think anything ending in 9 or maybe 18 if Malts is gone for sure. For some reason I feel like 39 would suit him. Then again, he could show a former Wings player *cough*J-Wills*cough* how to wear 29 :cool:

Booya!

He'd immediately make the 2nd PP more dangerous and the 3rd line a legit scoring threat.

I hate that it will take some playing time from the younger kids but if you can make the team better with a signing without hurting the long-term viability of the team you do it.

I don't understand why the Stars wouldn't want him especially considering what he's done for that franchise. Yeah he may be a bit older, but that doesn't mean he's a terrible hockey player. I'd be happy with him coming here.

I guess his willingness to play hockey trumps his desire to be a top 6 forward and to finish his career as a Star.

I don't know. If I was him I'd retire as a Star and go home to Willa Ford.

Oh look, Willa doesn't agree with me. :P

Edited by GMRwings1983

Modano will be a Wing next year. I can feel it in my heart.

Filppula will be happy because this move cements his place on the 2nd line. Now we won't be forced to play Val on the 3rd to make sure that line is a legit scoring line (as I just don't think Helm or Abdelkader are ready to be scoring centres yet).

This hurts our chances at landing a big grinding forward and a physical defenseman.

When healthy, scoring is the last of our concerns, so I'm not so sure if he gives us anything we don't already have.

Doesn't exactly make us a younger team either.

Booya!

He'd immediately make the 2nd PP more dangerous and the 3rd line a legit scoring threat.

I hate that it will take some playing time from the younger kids but if you can make the team better with a signing without hurting the long-term viability of the team you do it.

Right now I think most of the forward talent is in need of more time at the AHL level anyway. The only ones who could use it would be Ritola and Abdelkader. Adding Modano in, Abs should see some time on the LW of Helm-Eaves, which to me is a very promising and energetic 4th line.

By 2nd PP I assume you figure he'll be on the blue line? I wonder how that'd work out.

He's not coming here. I keep reading and hearing he is very flattered by the Wings interest in him. But it sounds like he wants to be closer to his hot wife in California. The Ducks are looking for an affordable center. My guess, he ends up there.