• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Red Wings Making Play for Modano

Rate this topic

Filppula will be happy because this move cements his place on the 2nd line. Now we won't be forced to play Val on the 3rd to make sure that line is a legit scoring line (as I just don't think Helm or Abdelkader are ready to be scoring centres yet).

This is also one of the reasons I want Modano so much. :P

And I agree with you about Helm and Abds. Our line up looks much better with Modano centering the third line.

He's not coming here. I keep reading and hearing he is very flattered by the Wings interest in him. But it sounds like he wants to be closer to his hot wife in California. The Ducks are looking for an affordable center. My guess, he ends up there.

The wings are the only team interested in Modano. It's either the wings or retire.

If he does sign, what number will he wear? Nine and nineteen are unavailable and seeing someone other than Fedorov wearing 91 on the winged-wheel would be really wierd.

And he can't wear the number of his age, because Zetterberg is already wearing that number.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Right now I think most of the forward talent is in need of more time at the AHL level anyway. The only ones who could use it would be Ritola and Abdelkader. Adding Modano in, Abs should see some time on the LW of Helm-Eaves, which to me is a very promising and energetic 4th line.

By 2nd PP I assume you figure he'll be on the blue line? I wonder how that'd work out.

He's a lefty but I definitely think he'll either be on the point with Kronwall or sharing centre duties with Filppula (who is definitely capable of playing on the wing). I'd prefer seeing Ericsson get PP time with Kronwall so he can start using his 100mph shot more often. He slow to get the shot off so his best case scenario is on the PP where he's got a bit more time and space to work.

Well this certainly is interesting. I heard on 97.1 earlier this evening that. He seemed flattered but was either mulling retirement if he can't find a West Coast team to play for. But those are very interesting comments(in the article above) coming directly from Modano. It would be amazing if Holland can make this happen.

Edited by Johnny Diamonds

This is also one of the reasons I want Modano so much. :P

And I agree with you about Helm and Abds. Our line up looks much better with Modano centering the third line.

The wings are the only team interested in Modano. It's either the wings or retire.

After reading that Dallas Morning News article it sounds like it could be a possibility. It sounds like Holland's selling pitch of "We have a great chance to win as it is and an even better chance with you on board" might be to tempting for a competitor like Modano.

Sorry, I know its another Modano thread i made lol... but this is really intriguing.

"The Detroit Red Wings are willing to offer Mike Modano a one- or two-year deal at a base salary of between $1 million and $1.5 million per season, THN.com has learned."

We'll see

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/34396-Red-Wings-willing-to-offer-free-agent-Mike-Modano-one-or-twoyear-contract.html

Edited by HockeytownRules19

This hurts our chances at landing a big grinding forward and a physical defenseman.

When healthy, scoring is the last of our concerns, so I'm not so sure if he gives us anything we don't already have.

Doesn't exactly make us a younger team either.

My thoughts exactly. People are getting a bit lost in romanticism here. He doesn't give us anything we lack, which is the important thing.

My thoughts exactly. People are getting a bit lost in romanticism here. He doesn't give us anything we lack, which is the important thing.

Pretty much. This move would have been cool about 10 years ago, but I don't see many good arguments coming from people as to how this would benefit us now. What needs does it address?

People need to realize that if he was still any kind of impact player, Dallas would have acted differently with him.

He's not skilled enough anymore to be a great top 6 forward, and isn't physical enough to be some kind of grinding bottom forward.

He's just a famous name, and people are excited to have a future Hall of Famer added to the team, without thinking about how this makes us better.

He gives us 3 lines of legitimate scoring.

But lessens our chances of adding some physicality on the blue line or on the 3rd/4th line.

We need to have a well rounded team and this doesn't help that.

Hudler already increased our scoring from last year.