• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Red Wings Making Play for Modano

Rate this topic

Not for nothing, but a friend who tends to be right just texted me the Modano is signed. Awaiting a link.

*NM* He trusted a dude who trusted a due who got it from… facebook. Carry on.

Just drop a wings jersey and skates hanging on the wall into a tank with Paul the Octopus. He'll make the right decision.

the longer this drags out, the least likely modoano will sign

Well he went home to talk about it with his family. I don't think we should read into the fact that he hasn't signed yet... Should we?

Well he went home to talk about it with his family. I don't think we should read into the fact that he hasn't signed yet... Should we?

if he really wanted to be a wings and play again I think he would have signed by now. Like you said he is probably discussing it with his family and contemplating if he should retire a star or not. Dallas gave him the shaft but there is alot of pressure from the dallas media to not go to another team and just retire which i hope is the case.

if he really wanted to be a wings and play again I think he would have signed by now. Like you said he is probably discussing it with his family and contemplating if he should retire a star or not. Dallas gave him the shaft but there is alot of pressure from the dallas media to not go to another team and just retire which i hope is the case.

It isn't the easiest decision to decide whether or not to keep playing. This isn't a Scott Niedermayer type deal where he takes until December to decide.

I wouldn't blame Modano for delaying any announcement... the organization and fans still have to grieve/deal with Probert's funeral on Friday. Folks, this is certainly no Lebron-esque media saga.

It isn't the easiest decision to decide whether or not to keep playing. This isn't a Scott Niedermayer type deal where he takes until December to decide.

think of it this way. If yzerman still wanted to play and the wings gave him the shaft how do you think he/us would feel about going somewhere else? Thats how modoano feels. He is the yzerman of dallas.

think of it this way. If yzerman still wanted to play and the wings gave him the shaft how do you think he/us would feel about going somewhere else? Thats how modoano feels. He is the yzerman of dallas.

Except Yzerman didn't get shafted. Modano doesn't owe them any loyalty. He fulfilled his contract and the team decided to part ways.

I bet he knows he will play he is just trying to decide what number.... And they need a number for the press conference for when he slips that winged wheel over his head....

9 - Absolutely not.

91 - I feel like we all agree that he shouldn't wear 91 either.

90 - Would it look so bad?

92 - Eh, who wears a 92?

93 - Muuuuuuule

Oh and, you know, Babcock hates Americans.

Well, haha, yeah. The veteran thing is a rather minor but serious concern of mine for Modano. I mean, he got pushed to the 4th line for a reason and he admitted that mentally and emotionally he really struggled to play every night the way he felt like he could. We hope that a new team and a winning environment will give him a spark but he is 40 years old, he's already won a cup and it's a loooooong season. I don't blame him at all for taking his time to make this decision.

Or instead of him picking a number.... They are waiting to see if Howe will let him wear it for a season lol....

What about 11.... The year he wins the cup... Again.... ;)

he could always flip it to a 6...

You're kidding, right?

No one wears Howe's number.

Cleary might be pressed to give up 11 since Mo has seniority in the league, but it's not like that is the number that Mo has been known for, so its unlikely that he would come in and push it off the guy that has been wearing it.

No one wears Aurie's number.

Maybe he could wear 87 and see if the refs give him leeway.

Edited by 55fan

You're kidding, right?

No one wears Howe's number.

Cleary might be pressed to give up 11 since Mo has seniority in the league, but it's not like that is the number that Mo has been known for, so its unlikely that he would come in and push it off the guy that has been wearing it.

No one wears Aurie's number.

Maybe he could wear 87 and see if the refs give him leeway.

:scared:

:scared:

Ya know... allow him to dive and stuff. Maybe listen when he whines. That sort of thing. Let him mash someone...oh, say, Pronger's... testes. No suspensions. No trips to the box. Just a speech about how the refs are right 99% of the time.

Except Yzerman didn't get shafted. Modano doesn't owe them any loyalty. He fulfilled his contract and the team decided to part ways.

I agree that he doesn't owe them any loyalty to not sign with another team. It is many player's dream to play their entire career with one team, he may be trying to decide if he wants to retire only being a Star/North Star. Not exactly loyalty but kind of tangent of it.