• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Red Wings Making Play for Modano

Rate this topic

I love how people are bitching at Modano and don't want him to come because he's thinking about not coming. How petty and ridiculous. This is probably the hardest decision he's had to make in a long time. He's been with one organization for over 20 years and is thinking about doing something he's never done in joining a new team. You're like a bunch of 5 years old who don't get the most expensive present they want at their birthday party.

What a horrible person for thinking it through and wanting to make the right decision. /s

Edited by Z and D for the C

The difference might come down to which team he will have the biggest role with. I doubt San Jose would put Mike on their 2nd line (and they don't even have a goaltender). But I could see the Wild making Modano their 2nd line center. And who knows, maybe that's enough to sway him. I'm just hoping that he'll finish his career at home with his family. Also, if the injury bug hits, he could get some time on our 2nd line. Let's just hope 3rd line center and being back home is good enough for him.

Guest mindfly

I thought i read his wife would like detroit so she can resume her modeling career there....modelling in detroit hmm... well i wouldn't know but hey..

Edited by mindfly

I thought i read his wife would like detroit so she can resume her modeling career there....modelling in detroit hmm... well i wouldn't know but hey..

Yeah, you read my joke on like page 3 or something. You actually believe that stuff?

Hell, if Roenick didn't sign with us when he was 40 and Cup hunting, why would Modano, who's already won a Cup?

Edited by GMRwings1983

I don't know that Detroit is a fashion Mecca, but maybe she'll just use the wardrobe her mama gave her.

I don't see Modono going to the Wild because they are not really contenders right now... Why would he waste a year with a team who didn't even make the playoffs last year. If he is going to come back for a year then it will be to a team that has a legit chance of winning the cup. That narrows it down to either Detroit and San Jose. San Jose would be an interesting choice for him considering he would be in the same division as the Stars. In Detroit, he would be playing with some great players on a very deep team in his home state. I hope he comes back for one more season and joins the wings. But he needs to make a decision soon so the wings can make the signings and moves necessary for their team.

I don't see Modono going to the Wild because they are not really contenders right now... Why would he waste a year with a team who didn't even make the playoffs last year. If he is going to come back for a year then it will be to a team that has a legit chance of winning the cup. That narrows it down to either Detroit and San Jose. San Jose would be an interesting choice for him considering he would be in the same division as the Stars. In Detroit, he would be playing with some great players on a very deep team in his home state. I hope he comes back for one more season and joins the wings. But he needs to make a decision soon so the wings can make the signings and moves necessary for their team.

That makes it sound like we have a Brett Favre situation here.

The only thing I hate about Mike Modano is he dives way too much. He also complains about proper calls all the time, it gets really annoying after awhile. He has a "crybaby" reputation and he has deserved it, with that said he is still a very talented player.

It's sort of a trade off with this guy. If you're willing to put up with his downside then you will surely enjoy his upside.

Edited by puffy

Bottom line is Detroit gives Modano the best chance to go out on top with a Cup. The sharks are a good team and all, but they lost basically their MVP in Nabokov. Nabby had the best season of his career last year for the Sharks. With no Nabby, Sharks are definitely not nearly as good. And they couldn't even get to the finals WITH Nabokov. Whereas here in Detroit, we have a goalie in Jimmy Howard who was top 5 in GAA and top 5 in save %, and is now a year older and more experienced. With our overall lineup, Mike has a great chance to win a Cup this season. So I definitely expect him to choose Detroit over the others. Especially since Minnie is a bottom feeder.

The only thing I hate about Mike Modano is he dives way too much. He also complains about proper calls all the time, it gets really annoying after awhile. He has a "crybaby" reputation and he has deserved it, with that said he is still a very talented player.

It's sort of a trade off with this guy. If you're willing to put up with his downside then you will surely enjoy his upside.

Since when?

I've always thought of Modano as a quiet guy,like Stevie in the sense that he doesn't say a whole lot and let's his skills do the talking...

Not really, he's actually got quite a temper and he whines a lot!

He's still a great player, but he has some annoying habits we need to get use to.

This too: "Modano is keeping a close eye on teams like the Los Angeles Kings and possibly even the Phoenix Coyotes to see what moves they might make to create an opening"

hockeybuzz.com. I know, Eklund!

Well, this is just getting dumb if it's true. The novelty factor has wore off. I really wouldn't care if he went somewhere else. At least then I can get back to not liking him.

Guest mindfly

Way to get a nice tigers game in Mr.Ilitch's box and stuff while visiting his parents... :rolleyes:

:thumbdown:

I got to still take the guy at his word. Detroit or Retirement.

I do think this guy helps us win a championship, by making us the feel good story Bettman would allow to power his ratings machine. God knows it ain't gonna be Chicago next year.