• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Red Wings Making Play for Modano

Rate this topic

I'm officially starting to get annoyed by how long this is dragging out. Modano himself has already said he knows the sooner he makes his decision the better. Especially for the Red Wings, cause if he decides to retire or go to another team, the Wings need time to make a few signings. But with each passing day that goes by, the market gets smaller and smaller, leaving us with less options. Mike better make his decision sometime this week. Cause if he doesn't, I think it's time for us to move on and get our team's roster set.

Isn't our team's roster pretty much set? Offers have already been sent out to our other FAs.

Other than frustrating suspense during an abnormally boring off-season, there's really no detriment in him taking his time.

The Favre comparisons arent fair (yet). As Favre had ALREADY retired, then went months before letting teams know what he was doing. And he did this for two consecutive seasons. (Three if you count this upcoming one, has he decided yet?)

Its been less than two weeks for Mike, patience.

I can understand that, but I'm happy this isn't a Niedavacation-like situation, where he dwiddles around all summer thinking about it and takes until well into December to make up his mind.

Wow the Brett Favre comparisons are pretty dead on too. Guess every sport has one.

Isn't our team's roster pretty much set? Offers have already been sent out to our other FAs.

Other than frustrating suspense during an abnormally boring off-season, there's really no detriment in him taking his time.

The Favre comparisons arent fair (yet). As Favre had ALREADY retired, then went months before letting teams know what he was doing. And he did this for two consecutive seasons. (Three if you count this upcoming one, has he decided yet?)

Its been less than two weeks for Mike, patience.

I agree with the two week period. It would be nice if Mike Modano would let Detroit know before two weeks end. I can wait another week. After that though,

if desired, Detroit could pursue other players.

http://www.nhlpa.com/Players/2951/Vyacheslav-Kozlov He's younger than Modano. A perennial 20+ goal scorer. He knows the Detroit system well.

I really hate this Favre, Niedermayer, Sundin approach, JUST DECIDE DAMMIT, they are not very professional towards the management and it pisses off the fanbase.... :ranting:

I'm officially starting to get annoyed by how long this is dragging out. Modano himself has already said he knows the sooner he makes his decision the better. Especially for the Red Wings, cause if he decides to retire or go to another team, the Wings need time to make a few signings. But with each passing day that goes by, the market gets smaller and smaller, leaving us with less options. Mike better make his decision sometime this week. Cause if he doesn't, I think it's time for us to move on and get our team's roster set.

Modanos decision will not affect anything the wings are doing. Holland has said so himself. He could take another 3 weeks to decide and nothing would change. No decisions are being held back by waiting for Modano. How can I put this in a way for you to understand? Comparing this to Favre or Niedermayer is beyond ridiculous. It's been ONE WEEK since he came to Detroit.

Hey, what happened to that enforcer thread from last night? :unsure:

I'm pretty sure it got deleted after uk_redwing kept crying about how people were disagreeing with him, and thus trolling and derailing his thread.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Modanos decision will not affect anything the wings are doing. Holland has said so himself. He could take another 3 weeks to decide and nothing would change. No decisions are being held back by waiting for Modano. How can I put this in a way for you to understand? Comparing this to Favre or Niedermayer is beyond ridiculous. It's been ONE WEEK since he came to Detroit.

I'm pretty sure it got deleted after uk_redwing kept crying about how people were disagreeing with him, and thus trolling and derailing his thread.

This should make things clearer, as to what Ken Holland is thinking.

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2010/07/waddell_red_wings_gm_ken_holla_1.html

I agree with the two week period. It would be nice if Mike Modano would let Detroit know before two weeks end. I can wait another week. After that though,

if desired, Detroit could pursue other players.

http://www.nhlpa.com/Players/2951/Vyacheslav-Kozlov He's younger than Modano. A perennial 20+ goal scorer. He knows the Detroit system well.

From 3.7 million to 1-1.5? Dream on!

Maybe he's just considering his options, consulting with his family, and making a decision about where the best place is for all concerned at this point.

You guys make such a big deal about him consulting his wife. Hey, guys, we gals need to be included in huge decisions like where to move to. We have responsibilities and we need to know what our new surroundings will be like.

I mean, really- suppose you moved to a new town, got a new job that came with 20+ new friends, and you invited them all over to your house for supper and your wife couldn't get you all a beer because she didn't know where the store was. Wouldn't you feel silly then? I bet you would! It is your manly duty to make sure that the wife has a comfortable kitchen and convenient grocery/liquor shopping in the event of the aforementioned scenario.

If I had three or more job offers sitting on the table, all of which involved moving to a new place, you can bet I'd take my time to be sure it was the right decision.

Life's a little different when you're a professional athlete. He already spends a LOT of time away from home no matter where he is playing. One year of him playing in Detroit isnt gonna change their families lives a whole lot.

This should make things clearer, as to what Ken Holland is thinking.

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2010/07/waddell_red_wings_gm_ken_holla_1.html

Instead, the team would add a depth defenseman, and if they do so, they won't until the end of the month at the earliest

Modano is not holding up any signings or decisions except his own.

Edited by Z and D for the C

oh gawd... please don't tell me Modano is trying to negotiate-in his role... we don't need that at all. I am really excited at the chance that Mikey could play for his hometown team, but there should be no strings

I knew it wouldn't be anything less then a Million. TBH I think thats a pretty fair offer, so I'm hesitant to believe its because of the money why Modano hasn't signed yet.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/07/red_wings_touch_base_with_kirk.html

Edited by Superman54