• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Red Wings Making Play for Modano

Rate this topic

I want Janik to be our #6

Janik has shown he can be a very solid bottom pairing guy who will drop the gloves, and he has much more offensive capabilities than Lilja. I would love to have Janik or Sutton.

Are we talking about the same Doug Janik? He of three career NHL goals? :lol:

I watched way to many Griffins games last year, I guess I shouldn't expect him to be nearly as productive in the NHL.

$3 million and Andy Sutton shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence.

I doubt he's looking for that much now that its early August. He was likely asking for a lot of money in the beginning of July, but I bet his asking price has significantly dropped.

For 3 mill it's definitely not worth it, unless he's got qualities I'm unaware of. $2 mill a year or under though and I'd definitely be interested...

I was just watching a the player highlights on NHL.com and Modano still has one hell of a shot. He can blast the puck like crazy with some accuracy too. If all the rumors are true about him comin to the D, that third line will put on a f***in clinic!!! Its just up to him when he wants to return, he's 40 and needs time to test his body for a grooling season, don't forget when you play for Detroit you got a BIG target on your back, especially if your modano in a winged wheel.

Guest Crymson

I haven't seen him play a ton, but Sutton seems to fit the bill for Detroit's defense. I wonder how much he'd cost though because he made over 3 mill last season.

He can't skate worth a damn, and he's useless offensively---even more so than Lilja. He got a good name because of his big hits this year, but that's about all.

For 3 mill it's definitely not worth it, unless he's got qualities I'm unaware of. $2 mill a year or under though and I'd definitely be interested...

With his age and injury history even $2 mil is an overpayment. I wouldn't give him more than $1M.

He can't skate worth a damn, and he's useless offensively---even more so than Lilja. He got a good name because of his big hits this year, but that's about all.

I hear ya, but honestly I'm okay with that if they would sign him for the right price. Useless offensively is fine for a bottom pairing guy, especially if he would clear the crease and punish guys around the Wings net. They desperately need that. Hitting and dropping the gloves on occasion would be great too.

If he did those things, he's pretty much an upgrade over Lilja. Plus I hear he's an expert with reporters. :P

With his age and injury history even $2 mil is an overpayment. I wouldn't give him more than $1M.

That's sort of what I was wondering. The injury thing is a concern for sure. But it would be with Lilja too.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Sign Modano. Trade Meech,Miller,and Ritola. Sign Asham. Bring Back The Bruise Bros=happy camper

Meech isnt a bad defender. He did well when everyone was out with injuries, he isnt the most physical but skill wise does just fine on the bottom pairing. The only reason Meech should be traded is if we sign another defender, or Janik beats Meech for the 6th-7th spot. Miller and Ritola will most likely be gone if Modano signs, and if he doesn't Miller will probably be the only guy. If we signed Asham and Modano we would need to trade another forward, and that isnt happening. Kenny said if Mo doesnt sign he will not be perusing any more forwards, although Dowey might earn a contract he would spend most his time in Grand Rapids.

Will espn carry a press conference of this and call it "The Decision"?

Yes, it will also be an hour and feature many awesome ESPN hockey annalists throwing their worthless opinions around discussing where he will go. People will also be tricked in to thinking the signing will be announced at the beginning of the show just to get people to sit there and watch it for the rest of the hour until it is really announced.

Yes, it will also be an hour and feature many awesome ESPN hockey annalists throwing their worthless opinions around discussing where he will go. People will also be tricked in to thinking the signing will be announced at the beginning of the show just to get people to sit there and watch it for the rest of the hour until it is really announced.

:lol:

Thanks for reminding me why I'd rather watch Al Jazeera television at this point in my life over espn.