• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Red Wings Making Play for Modano

Rate this topic

I think we'll know later today or tomorrow, and I feel pretty confident that he'll be a Wing next year. I don't think he would've come out and put this much thought into it if he wasn't serious, and I don't think he's ready to be done. I couldn't care less about his number either!

Number 8. Next best thing to a 9, and 10 is not available. Or just give him Lebda's 22 or Lilja's number.

Some people might be kind of bummed about that.

Abdelkader_Justin1_325x183.jpg

Edited by Travis

Has Ilitch ever spoken about his reasoning of not hanging #6? I never understood the logic behind it.

I have never really known for sure, I think there are a lot of guesses out there, but I have never heard a concrete answer.

Some people might be kind of bummed about that.

Abdelkader_Justin1_325x183.jpg

Yep! Thats a no go. Modo will take 27 or maybe even 29 would work. 39 has had some good luck in this town (Dominator, Franzen before). Why the hell not just keep the 9 in it. Either way, lets get it done Mikey!!!!

Well, I never expected the decision to take even this long of time (although its been only a few days,) I hope it doesn't drag on too much longer. Sure he has to decide if he wants to play another season, and I guess its a hard decision for him, but from my low income point of view it looks simple, either dont play and make nothing or play and make another million dollars and possibly win another Cup. I know Holland is gonna give him whatever time he wants, but Mike, just sign it, please, or come out and say you're retiring. Just make a decision so the entire Red Wings nation can exhale...

Well, I never expected the decision to take even this long of time (although its been only a few days,) I hope it doesn't drag on too much longer. Sure he has to decide if he wants to play another season, and I guess its a hard decision for him, but from my low income point of view it looks simple, either dont play and make nothing or play and make another million dollars and possibly win another Cup. I know Holland is gonna give him whatever time he wants, but Mike, just sign it, please, or come out and say you're retiring. Just make a decision so the entire Red Wings nation can exhale...

Seriously. I know it's only been a couple days but the suspense is killing me.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out Modano decided to play yesterday, but was told not to reveal it until after Probert's funeral. I expect an announcement tomorrow afternoon or Saturday Morning.

Agreed. All respects to Probie right now. Hopefully they wear a 24 patch next year.

Remember, even if he decides he wants to play, according to reports they haven't talked money yet. That's not to say it'll be a huge sticking point by any means, but deciding to play and signing the deal are two different things, and with the Probert funeral and all, I wouldn't be shocked to find out that they've been working on getting it locked down and signed the last few days. I still think we'll hear that he's signed tomorrow afternoon, though could easily see it announced over the weekend or Monday too given the circumstances. But I really think he's going to sign, and that it's more in progress than we know.