• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1068 replies to this topic

#781 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:12 PM

No, these are just people getting excited because Babs said he "thinks" Modano will sign.

"Expects" ;)

Got to get excited about something Johnny Raincloud. :hehe:
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#782 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:20 PM

Babcock's comment about getting 100 points was great.

Not at all crazy about two years for Modano, but if it helps achieve a championship 11 months from now then it's all good.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#783 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:21 PM

[quote name='RedFlag85' date='16 July 2010 - 03:10 PM' timestamp='1279307421' post='2015895']
From the Red Wings' official site:

quote]

Thaks for the documentation, Rookie. The chicken aint hatched yet, so I aint counting it. I'm hopeful, just not entering it in the credit column yet.

#784 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:23 PM

No, these are just people getting excited because Babs said he "thinks" Modano will sign.

so=)

geez someone had their mindfly cereal this morning.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 16 July 2010 - 02:24 PM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#785 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:28 PM

From reading Babcock's comments, it looks like he is saying that he thinks if Modano comes here for a year, he will renew for a second, not that the Wings are looking to sign him to a 2-year contract. At least that's how I read it, and I hope so because signing any player over 35 to a multi-year deal is risky, and once you hit 40 there should be a law against signing a multi-year deal.

I hope Modano does come here, he instantly gives us one of the most dangerous 3rd scoring lines, though I would probably put Hudler on the 2nd with Franzen & Filppula and Bertuzzi with Modano and Cleary, but either way no one else can touch that kind of offensive depth, and having Abdelkader/Helm/Eaves as a 4th line is nothing to scoff at either, 3 wrecking balls who can all put up 10 goals and shut down defensively.

Now all we need is a 6th defenseman and we're all set, and with each day that passes guys like Sutton depreciate in value, so we may just get lucky and snag someone on the cheap that fills the stay-at-home shot-blocking fighter role that we so desperately need.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#786 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:38 PM

"Expects" ;)

Got to get excited about something Johnny Raincloud. :hehe:

Oh I know...I was just responding to the member that asked if Modo had signed. It did come off a little harsh.

Sidenote: Gofigure....my name actually is John. :D

so=)

geez someone had their mindfly cereal this morning.

:lol: Ouch!

Keep that up and I'll be using my mod powers against you! I could come up with a "nice" new signature for you! :P
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#787 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:44 PM

From reading Babcock's comments, it looks like he is saying that he thinks if Modano comes here for a year, he will renew for a second, not that the Wings are looking to sign him to a 2-year contract. At least that's how I read it, and I hope so because signing any player over 35 to a multi-year deal is risky, and once you hit 40 there should be a law against signing a multi-year deal.

I hope Modano does come here, he instantly gives us one of the most dangerous 3rd scoring lines, though I would probably put Hudler on the 2nd with Franzen & Filppula and Bertuzzi with Modano and Cleary, but either way no one else can touch that kind of offensive depth, and having Abdelkader/Helm/Eaves as a 4th line is nothing to scoff at either, 3 wrecking balls who can all put up 10 goals and shut down defensively.

Now all we need is a 6th defenseman and we're all set, and with each day that passes guys like Sutton depreciate in value, so we may just get lucky and snag someone on the cheap that fills the stay-at-home shot-blocking fighter role that we so desperately need.

Love this description of the three of them. And I still hope it's true about Modano. But I'm one of those nervous nellies who thinks Babcock's statement just might jinx the deal, if Mikey's ego gets in his way too much.

Edited by Vladifan, 16 July 2010 - 02:45 PM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#788 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:48 PM

But I'm one of those nervous nellies who thinks Babcock's statement just might jinx the deal, if Mikey's ego gets in his way too much.

What kind of stories have you heard about Modano being a ****** and egotistical?

#789 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:49 PM

Love this description of the three of them. And I still hope it's true about Modano. But I'm one of those nervous nellies who thinks Babcock's statement just might jinx the deal, if Mikey's ego gets in his way too much.

i just have a hard time believing if holland really did say this that it would be just hot air. you know how they have been with other players. you know nothing until stuff happens. and if he is laying it out like that already than i feel its pretty much a done deal.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

#790 Tommy_Like_Wingy

Tommy_Like_Wingy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:52 PM

So why a 2 year deal?

#791 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:54 PM

What kind of stories have you heard about Modano being a ****** and egotistical?

Actually, none whatsoever. In fact I was amazed when Whoever put posts on here about what a ****** he was. We live three hours from Dallas and I pay some attention to whuz up there with the Stars, and I've heard nuthin'. But I wasn't looking for anything either.

As for the Ego Thing, I was just talking about pro athletes in general. Specifically, SEE: LeBron/Favre/T.O./Wah/Brodeur/Crosby/Neon Deon(sp?)/Artest/etc. :) But like I said, I've heard nothing even iffy about him.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#792 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,894 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:55 PM

Eeny Meeny Mikey Mo
Just decide where you will go.
You know what each team will pay
If with them you choose to play.
On the road let's get this show,
Eeny Meeny Mikey Mo.

#793 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:56 PM

i just have a hard time believing if holland really did say this that it would be just hot air. you know how they have been with other players. you know nothing until stuff happens. and if he is laying it out like that already than i feel its pretty much a done deal.

I don't neccessariy think it's hot air...it's just that a done deal aint a done deal until the deal is done, and this deal aint done.

#794 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:57 PM

I don't neccessariy think it's hot air...it's just that a done deal aint a done deal until the deal is done, and this deal aint done.

WHY do I think a Ba Dum CHHHHH is called for here?! :clap:

#795 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:00 PM

Eeny Meeny Mikey Mo
Just decide where you will go.
You know what each team will pay
If with them you choose to play.
On the road let's get this show,
Eeny Meeny Mikey Mo.

I'm reading that with a funky little bass line to it (ala MJ's "This Is It")

#796 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:00 PM

thats true but how many times has holland came out and talked like that in the past? maybe im forgetting. i do that alot.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

#797 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:01 PM

babs is just trying to get into modanos head
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#798 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:03 PM

modano would sign 1 year 1.25, not 2 years if he did sign
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#799 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:16 PM

Oh I know...I was just responding to the member that asked if Modo had signed. It did come off a little harsh.

:lol: Ouch!

Keep that up and I'll be using my mod powers against you! I could come up with a "nice" new signature for you! :P

SORRY SORRY =)

i take it all back.

titans rule packers drool=)
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

#800 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:26 PM

I should know not to mess with the mods. :hehe: Could remove the many irrelevant posts I make on a regular basis at my boring job here. I definitely think Babs is just getting Mike set up to make some sort of move here. Still think it will be around August until we really make the signing official.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.