• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1068 replies to this topic

#821 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:14 PM

I'm glad that Babcock said Modano probably won't make his decision until August 1st at the earliest. Hopefully that will at least temper the, "Did he sign? Did he sign? Why won't he sign? What an *******!" comments a little bit.

#822 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:28 PM

I'm glad that Babcock said Modano probably won't make his decision until August 1st at the earliest. Hopefully that will at least temper the, "Did he sign? Did he sign? Why won't he sign? What an *******!" comments a little bit.

Doubt it...

#823 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:35 PM

Doubt it...

For sure!!!

Posted Image

#824 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:46 PM

Well...

DID HE SIGN?!?!?!?!
:ph34r: :tomato:

I hope you know I'm not "one of those types". :P

#825 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:30 PM

s***,that's another two weeks. Unlike Brett Favre, we don't really need Modano for anything.

He's just a third liner and should have no power to strong arm the team into waiting. They should start looking at other players to possibly sign and not treat him any differently than anyone else. First come first serve.

He's not our captain or anything.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#826 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:48 PM

He's just a third liner and should have no power to strong arm the team into waiting. They should start looking at other players to possibly sign and not treat him any differently than anyone else. First come first serve.

Not that I disagree with your sentiment, but Modano means a little bit more to American hockey than "just a third liner" and "not our captain". Just sayin'...
*this space for rent*

#827 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:50 PM

s***,that's another two weeks. Unlike Brett Favre, we don't really need Modano for anything.

Modano isn't strong arming the Wings. What a weird thing to say. Neither side is in a hurry.

#828 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:12 PM

The eternal optimist in me thinks that maybe Modano is "training like crazy" or in some way is trying a small test on himself to see if he wants to go through it for 82+ games.

#829 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:36 PM

Dude....they aren't going to sign anyone for another two or three weeks anyway. You're obviously underestimating how valuable he'd be for us on the third line.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#830 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:10 PM

Dude....they aren't going to sign anyone for another two or three weeks anyway. You're obviously underestimating how valuable he'd be for us on the third line.

It's true. A line of Hudler-Cleary-Modano could be phenomenal.

Do we need Modano? No.

Would he make what we have better? Yes.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#831 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:35 PM

I can't believe so many people want him to sign. I guess his name goes a long way eh?

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#832 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:52 PM

I can't believe so many people want him to sign. I guess his name goes a long way eh?

Having the deepest group of forwards goes a long way.

#833 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 12:22 AM

amen to that. As said before; do we NEED him? No. Would he make a phenomenal asset to the team; Yes. We would have one of the; if not THE strongest third line in the NHL.

#834 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 12:32 AM

I think Modano would be this year's equivalent of THE DRAKE.

ONE MO YEAR!

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#835 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:07 AM

Why don't you want him to sign?

#836 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:15 AM

Why don't you want him to sign?

Because he love the kids and youth from GR and watch alot of their games, maybe he gets a bit blind because of this.

Just my 2.

Edited by mindfly, 18 July 2010 - 08:15 AM.

#837 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:47 AM

Love it when Babcock speaks frankly.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#838 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 09:34 AM

Why has there been so much talk about trading miller? I understand the talk of trading meech, but miller actually brings something to the team. I didnt even hear his name in thoughts about trades/waiving till yesterday. Where did they come from? Was there something written about possibly trading/waiving him? Or is that just LGW'ers speculating? I like Miller, and dont want to see him go. He complements the Red Wings playing style, along with Eaves, and brings alot to the team for a good 4th liner. Plus his contract is lite, which i know is what makes him movable, but i think it would suck to get rid of him.

Also, i dont understand how some people still dont see Modano as a good addition for the wings if he ever decides to sign. The guy isnt exactly what we need, as everyone knows we would like to have a good Dmen added who is gritty and can hit/stick up for the team. But dont people get that Modano makes the wings a dangerous team containing 3 full lines that can score AND play defensively sound? I figured after watching the team struggle to score so much last year (because of injuries and bad luck) people would understand that having scoring threats on the top 3 lines is a good thing. you can never have to much scoring. Dont get me wrong, i too would like to stregthen the D-line as it looked pretty shaky last year, but Modano makes the team better regardless, and is definetly a great addition.

#839 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:55 AM

i have to question modanos heart and commitment
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#840 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:19 AM

Modano scored 16 goals in 59 games last year which projected over 82 games is equivalent to 22 goals. We would be adding a 20 goals scorer with strong veteran presence and leadership. As a result, we will lose either Ritola or Miller most likely. Which do you think gives us a better chance for the Cup?
Do or do not. There is no try