• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Red Wings Making Play for Modano

Rate this topic

Alright so the Stars fans that I work with (I am in Dallas) just told me that they heard on a Dallas sports radio station that Mike is going to be throwing out the first pitch at the Tigers game tonight, in a Wings sweater. Anyone heard anything about this being a done deal????

What most people need to remember is that the Wings arent trying to sign him to be their offensive savior. They are interested because at this stage of his career, Modano is basically the ultimate role player. He can bring offense to a 3rd or 4th line while being solid two way, still functional on the PP, and brings leadership. He has his name on the cup. I also cant see who could be a better mentor to Helm. They are basically the same type of player and Modano may be able to teach Helm how to finish a little better.

Alright so the Stars fans that I work with (I am in Dallas) just told me that they heard on a Dallas sports radio station that Mike is going to be throwing out the first pitch at the Tigers game tonight, in a Wings sweater. Anyone heard anything about this being a done deal????

LOL...damn, Kenny must be pushing hard.

No but really it probably got mixed up with Kenny and Babs taking him to lunch then a Tiger game later today to talk things over.

Edited by Original-Six

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Checking in on a Dallas Newspaper source, someone is saying that they just received a text saying that Modano has signed...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/hockey/stars/stories/070610dnspostarsmodano.10ffd4148.html

I always hate believing other newspaper sources... but.. who knows!

That was just an anonymous comment in the comment section. It's not like the newspaper itself is reporting that.

I think that may be a little blown out. He is supposed to be at the Tigers/Orioles game with the RW brass.

Dont't shoot the messenger, I'm just passing along what the rumor is down here. Hoping for someone to have some facts.

I think that may be a little blown out. He is supposed to be at the Tigers/Orioles game with the RW brass.

Dont't shoot the messenger, I'm just passing along what the rumor is down here. Hoping for someone to have some facts.

No I wasn't planning on it. I don't fault you. The story just sounded a little fabricated.

Per Live 105.3 Dallas radio.....Mike Modano IS throwing out the first pitch, and is reportedly VERY CLOSE TO SIGNING WITH THE WINGS....possibly even done already just finalizing the finer details. The Dallas fans are all saying that he should retire instead of signing with the Wings. "He should be a man and retire a Star, not sign with Detroit. Cuz lets be honest, no one down here likes the Wings."(radio host)

lol

love the fact that we are the envy of so many.

Edited by NotTooAbby

I don't think Modano is seriously considering the other teams that have shown interest because the only team he's talked about is Detroit. At least that's the way I see it from all the interviews that have come out in the past week. No other teams were mentioned until today and it wasn't from him.

Guest mindfly

Modano can play the point though? he did that in dallas if i remember correctly

Modano can play the point though? he did that in dallas if i remember correctly

Yeah that's right. I anticipate that the Wings will find a way to get a right handed shot though somehow because that's just what they do, for better or for worse.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I'd rather have filppula on the second pp

They both can be. Modano is good on the point as well.

Huds-Filpula-Franzen

Kronwall-Modano

damn lines are gonna be pretty kick ass this year

cant really figure out where everyone is going to play though if modono signs? where is draper abs flip or helm play all centers?

mule dats homer

huds z flip?

eaves modono cleary?

helm abs miller?

i assumed abs was playing full season this year?

cant really figure out where everyone is going to play though if modono signs? where is draper abs flip or helm play all centers?

mule dats homer

huds z flip?

eaves modono cleary?

helm abs miller?

I would take those lines.

mule dats homer

huds z flip?

eaves modono cleary?

helm abs miller?

umm... i think you forgot about Bert.

As much as I want Filppula to have consistent minutes on the PP I have to admit that PP lines of

Z-Pav-Homer

Huds-Modano-Mule

can help the Wings get back the best PP in the league again.

Yes. I even think Clears out there on occasion too to attack the net. But these definitely should be the night in night out PP units.

Guest mindfly

Everyone probably wish it's draper but you know how detroit red wings' works and their management, the loyalty factor :( 1.5M for an extra forward is too much to look away from...