No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Drake_Marcus

Halak Signs 4 Year Deal with St. Louis

Rate this topic

Update:

James Wyshynski retweeted details of the deal

Jaro Halak signed, sealed delivered. Done 4 yrs 15M. 3.75M cap/hit

This will be the comparable for Niemi and his agent (not that I think Niemi is as good as Halak).

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Seems like as a team they have been getting stronger over the last few years. Definately a positive move for them

STL has a decent of young players, adding a high valued prospect in net should help, I think they need to stop signing Tkachuk and Kariya type players and let the youngsters develop, it worked for Pitt and Chi.

I still don't see them as a threat in the Central, but they are getting better year by year.

EDIT: Oshie is a beast and will be a very good to great player in a few years! Thought I would add that!

Edited by Opie

STL has a decent of young players, adding a high valued prospect in net should help, I think they need to stop signing Tkachuk and Kariya type players and let the youngsters develop, it worked for Pitt and Chi.

I still don't see them as a threat in the Central, but they are getting better year by year.

EDIT: Oshie is a beast and will be a very good to great player in a few years! Thought I would add that!

The thing about St. Louis is that people have been saying this for years and years. Every year we hear how they're bursting at the seams with blue-chip prospects and how they'll have a resurgence. But it never happens.

It's interesting because there's no doubt that they do have lots of blue-chippers and they do have a promising young team with talented players. So why doesn't anything happen?

You can blame goaltending but I don't buy that for a second. Mason was their MVP two years ago and other teams with weak goaltending (Pittsburgh) were able to develop their forwards and defensemen.

Is it coaching and management? They seem stable enough from the outside looking in.

If a strong playoff gets you 3.75 million and you don't even win the Cup, I can only imagine what Cup winner Niemi is thinking he should get.

I hope they have to pay his weak-rebounding ass at least 4 million.