• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwings1914

Miller signs 1 year deal

Rate this topic

I am of the belief that anyone who hates Miller and wants him off the team has no concept of the defensive style of play in which he excells. His arrival coincided with the PK unit turning it around and saving our season.

Honestly I hope he takes another step forward in Camp and secures a spot, because I believe he brings alot to the team, even if goal scoring is not something he brings.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Hmm only a one year deal? I wonder if all of the RFA's will only get one year. I heard that to be the case for Helm and Abby. Unless it has something to do with the amount of cap available at the end of this upcoming season.

Maybe Modano isn't an option anymore.

At any rate, I don't see why anyone here would hate Miller. I can't recall a single time he didn't something stupid, or was lazy, or had a bad game. The kid gave his all every night and was never, ever a liability.

The only reason I can see people wanting Miller gone is because he technically does what Eaves does and we might need an extra roster space. But I fail to see how re-signing Miller is in any way, shape or form a bad thing.

still don't see where miller is part of the plans since the wings seem hellbent on bringing in modano.

It seems clear to me that Holland wants to have a lot of compettion at camp this year, with the addition of Filpulla the second, Ritola, and maybe Modano, It means that Eaves, Miller, Ritola- they don't have a roster spot in the bag.

Odds are someone is getting picked up on waivers by somebody.

Hmm only a one year deal? I wonder if all of the RFA's will only get one year. I heard that to be the case for Helm and Abby. Unless it has something to do with the amount of cap available at the end of this upcoming season.

The deals for Helm and Abby probably wont get done to soon. Holland was saying this the other day. Those are presumably longer term deals.

Edited by miller76

Maybe Modano isn't an option anymore.

At any rate, I don't see why anyone here would hate Miller. I can't recall a single time he didn't something stupid, or was lazy, or had a bad game. The kid gave his all every night and was never, ever a liability.

The only reason I can see people wanting Miller gone is because he technically does what Eaves does and we might need an extra roster space. But I fail to see how re-signing Miller is in any way, shape or form a bad thing.

I think Modano is still an option especally since he is town right now...

I agree he had great work ethic, and that makes me think Babcock wants him on this team.

Perhaps this means something else could happen, that is why they compete for spots in camp. I wonder if someone could be traded, like someone we are not expecting.

The Wings can sign all their players and Modano if they want, go over the cap by a little bit before the season starts, and then trade whoever they deem expendable.

Not only that, they could likely sign all their roster RFA's as well as Modano and still be under the cap.

I am of the belief that anyone who hates Miller and wants him off the team has no concept of the defensive style of play in which he excells. His arrival coincided with the PK unit turning it around and saving our season.

Honestly I hope he takes another step forward in Camp and secures a spot, because I believe he brings alot to the team, even if goal scoring is not something he brings.

His penalty killing coincided with Babcock not using stars on the PK anymore. We have Abby killing penalties next season and other then the PK Miller excels at nothing. We could bring in your average role player/grinder type and the would most likely do just as good as Miller on the penalty kill, but with Abby we don't really even need a capable penalty killer signed because he can fill that position.

Noone hates Miller I don't think, we would just rather see money spent on someone who excels at something that this team needs. I would rather have the money for Miller spent on Modano, a solid5/6 dman or a 4th line grinder drake type player personally