• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwings1914

Miller signs 1 year deal

Rate this topic

yeah I got baited there and actually thought he was serious

but for the record

abby,helm,eaces,flip,dats.z,cleary are all just as good if not better then miller defensively.

that is all.

Defensive forward meaning player who plays the best in the defensive role (IE 3/4th line) so that takes out Flip, Dats, Z, Cleary. Helm has great speed but, I still think Miller is better, Eaves is better offensively.. but if you watched last year, it was close but i think Miller did a better job. Abby... I really can't say hes not been in the NHL long enough to judge how good he truly is. If I were to say the best forward bar none for defensive play it would be Z or D no question. I should have clarified my point that I was talking about the bottom 6 players.

1. He doesn't He's a poor man's Patty Eaves. Eaves outclasses Miller in every field imaginable.

2. Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Filppula, Cleary Helm, etc... for fun.

Well lets look at the stats

Miller had a better +/- 3 less points more gwg, and only played 1 more game than Eaves.

1. He doesn't He's a poor man's Patty Eaves. Eaves outclasses Miller in every field imaginable.

:lol: Like PP goals? Game winning goals? +/-? Oh wait... Miller was better than Eaves in all those categories.

But hey-- Eaves had 3 more points last year so he's head and shoulders above Miller!

Only on LGW can a guy score 10g/19pts, be 3rd most used forward on the PK ice, have 3 GW goals (tied with Datsyuk) and be put down as a poor man's Eaves.

Is Eaves better? Sure, although one could argue they're about even. Your post makes it sounds like people are comparing Cleary to Datsyuk.

Can't complain about the cap hit at all, but the forward logjam is kind of ridiculous.

It would be if we were in mid October right now.

Holland isn't going to be carrying 3 spare forwards when the season opens.

Eaves is overrated on here. Sure he's a good player, but I don't think he outperformed Miller in any way last year. I'd say they finished about even. Both were integral parts of our PK last year.

Eaves:

22 Points

128 Hits, 44 Blocked Shots

2 Fights

2:16 PK Time On Ice Per Game

Miller:

19 Points

97 Hits, 47 Blocked Shots

0 Fights

1:49 PK Time On Ice Per Game

I'll take the first guy, thanks. Not to mention that Eaves possesses better hockey sense and a much better shot than Miller as well. I'm fine with the Miller signing, but Eaves is definitely the better player in my eyes.

Eaves:

22 Points

2 Fights

Miller:

19 Points

0 Fights

I'll take the first guy, thanks. Not to mention that Eaves possesses better hockey sense and a much better shot than Miller as well. I'm fine with the Miller signing, but Eaves is definitely the better player in my eyes.

Millers shooting % is higher... fights count for nothing, as they don't win games the PK is almost a wash, Id prefer it to be boiled down to PK goals against per minute. More blocked shots does count for something though. Hits... well TOI differences could make up the difference but they still both have a lot.

Eaves:

22 Points

2 Fights

Miller:

19 Points

0 Fights

So they were practically even in every stat except for hitting just like I suggested? I don't see what screams "Eaves is a better player" from any of those stats.

idk how the s*** works. i assumed he approached one player at a time. wondered why he would approach miller before eaves

Nah, he sent out qualifying offers to both of them at the same time, it's just Miller agreed to it faster then Eaves has.

It's not that Holland wanted one or the other more.

I need my eyes tested, I read the sub-heading as 850k... and I was a little disappointed. 650k is great.

:thumbup:

Me too. When I first glanced at Drake's thread about Halak I thought it said "Hank signs with St. Louis" and almost shat myself.

So they were practically even in every stat except for hitting just like I suggested? I don't see what screams "Eaves is a better player" from any of those stats.

You said Eaves didn't outperform Miller in any way... he did, even if it was ever so slightly. I'd still take Eaves over Miller ten times over. Also, I mentioned better hockey sense and shot. You can't prove those things with statistics. I'd also argue that as a right-handed shot, Eaves is more valuable to the Red Wings because it gives them another look. It's fine to like Miller, but Eaves did outperform him in a few fields.

You said Eaves didn't outperform Miller in any way... he did, even if it was ever so slightly. I'd still take Eaves over Miller ten times over. Also, I mentioned better hockey sense and shot. You can't prove those things with statistics. I'd also argue that as a right-handed shot, Eaves is more valuable to the Red Wings because it gives them another look. It's fine to like Miller, but Eaves did outperform him in a few fields.

quick, someone start an eaves vs miller thread with a poll before this thing gets derailed!