• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwings1914

Miller signs 1 year deal

Rate this topic

quick, someone start an eaves vs miller thread with a poll before this thing gets derailed!

If the Wings re-sign all their RFAs, Modano AND a forward to keep the flies off then I don't know what they'll do with all those forwards. It's a good problem to have though.

So they were practically even in every stat except for hitting just like I suggested? I don't see what screams "Eaves is a better player" from any of those stats.

Being a physical player compared to not being physical makes a pretty big difference in my books. Eaves is capable of throwing a big hit and will fight sometimes. Miller weighs 170 pounds.

Bottom line is even if the stats are a wash, did ou watch any games last year? Eaves actually has some offensive potential and just plays the game all around better then Miller. The penalty kill is the only reason Miller is a decent player and guess what? Eaves plays more on it and is better. If you like Miller fine, but don't make yourself look dumb by trying to say he's better then Eaves or has better potential in the next 2 years then Eaves.

rodney_king.jpg

The Miller/Eaves debate!

Sign of boring times in Hockeytown.

BTW Eaves > Miller. Newfy just nailed it. Any of the games last year would have probably been the tell tale sign of who is clearly a better asset to this team. Eaves delivers in almost every facet. Stat boys put that away, that tells absolutely zip and is about the only real comparable thing you have on the 2. Eaves' presence last year over Miller's was a lot more noticeable.

I suppose this cements Meech in that third D pairing. The cost was acceptable, but Kenny could have done a lot better...

sorry, i thought this thread was about Meech :P

Edited by Grim

Guest Crymson

cleary= 3rd line

Cleary is of line two quality when he's not injured.

Being a physical player compared to not being physical makes a pretty big difference in my books. Eaves is capable of throwing a big hit and will fight sometimes. Miller weighs 170 pounds.

Bottom line is even if the stats are a wash, did ou watch any games last year? Eaves actually has some offensive potential and just plays the game all around better then Miller. The penalty kill is the only reason Miller is a decent player and guess what? Eaves plays more on it and is better. If you like Miller fine, but don't make yourself look dumb by trying to say he's better then Eaves or has better potential in the next 2 years then Eaves.

*****, *****, *****. It never ends with you, does it?

He is, but Dano will probably end up playing on the 3rd line to start the season. But he periodically takes shifts with Datsyuk and Zetterberg throughtout games, and we all know how Mike loves to juggle the lines.

*****, *****, *****. It never ends with you, does it?

Okay prove anything I said wrong and acrtually provide something instead of being one of those posters who don't use facts or provide nothing (it might be a little late to lose that reputation though)

Eaves is better then Miller.

Okay prove anything I said wrong and acrtually provide something instead of being one of those posters who don't use facts or provide nothing (it might be a little late to lose that reputation though)

Eaves is better then Miller.

Irony (and poor grammar) alert!

Great signing. Got a team player and PKer for dirt cheap.

When did I ever say either of those things? I would love for you to show me where I said Miller was better and had more potential.

All Eaves/Miller comparisons aside, I thought he was going to command something like 750K, so the price tag is a pleasant surprise. I wonder if Detroit is going to try to carry 14 forwards instead of 13...

Huds-Modano-Cleary

Abs-Helm-Eaves

Draper, Miller

Wouldn't be a terrible idea, as it would give the 4th line some internal competition.

All Eaves/Miller comparisons aside, I thought he was going to command something like 750K, so the price tag is a pleasant surprise. I wonder if Detroit is going to try to carry 14 forwards instead of 13...

Huds-Modano-Cleary

Abs-Helm-Eaves

Draper, Miller

Wouldn't be a terrible idea, as it would give the 4th line some internal competition.

Don't forget, we still have Ritola too. Somebody is getting traded.

Don't forget, we still have Ritola too. Somebody is getting traded.

I have a feeling that Ritola is going to be waived... he hasn't shown much scoring prowess at the AHL level (back-to-back 42 point seasons), and he isn't overly physical. I think he's going to have to really impress at training camp if he's going to even have a chance of NHL play for the Red Wings.

I thought maybe Ritola would have a chance at the 3rd line center if he played well enough, but Babcock's comments about Abdelkader combined with the possibility of Modano coming to Detroit really seems to leave him on the outside looking in.

If Ritola's waived, I'm sure someone picks him up and he turns into the forward version of Kyle Quincey.

Miller's a good insurance policy for the fourth line. Eaves is better at a lot of the things needed for fourth liners, but IIRC Miller has a deft breakaway/penalty shot touch.

All in all: Meh. Could be a lot worse.

If Ritola's waived, I'm sure someone picks him up and he turns into the forward version of Kyle Quincey.

Yeah, a guy who gets inflated point totals on playing the powerplay and in situations he would never get here, but would still not be a valuable asset to the team.

Let's hope not.

Eaves:

22 Points

128 Hits, 44 Blocked Shots

2 Fights

2:16 PK Time On Ice Per Game

Miller:

19 Points

97 Hits, 47 Blocked Shots

0 Fights

1:49 PK Time On Ice Per Game

I'll take the first guy, thanks. Not to mention that Eaves possesses better hockey sense and a much better shot than Miller as well. I'm fine with the Miller signing, but Eaves is definitely the better player in my eyes.

It's funny that you've ignored the stats that hurt your case.

Statistically it's pretty much a wash. Yet you've been presenting it like it's clear cut superiority on the part of Eaves.

I want both to stay and Draper to magically retire without counting against the cap.

It's funny that you've ignored the stats that hurt your case.

Statistically it's pretty much a wash. Yet you've been presenting it like it's clear cut superiority on the part of Eaves.

I want both to stay and Draper to magically retire without counting against the cap.

For whatever its worth, when it came down to it last season, Miller would be healthy scratch over Eaves. I do agree that Eaves is better than Miller, but also agree with the people pointing out the uselessness of the debate overall. Eaves will be back too, as will Helm and Abby. Everyone one will compete for a spot, the better players will make it, the lesser players wont.