122 replies to this topic

#21 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:00 PM

Maybe Modano isn't an option anymore.

At any rate, I don't see why anyone here would hate Miller. I can't recall a single time he didn't something stupid, or was lazy, or had a bad game. The kid gave his all every night and was never, ever a liability.

The only reason I can see people wanting Miller gone is because he technically does what Eaves does and we might need an extra roster space. But I fail to see how re-signing Miller is in any way, shape or form a bad thing.

I think Modano is still an option especally since he is town right now...

I agree he had great work ethic, and that makes me think Babcock wants him on this team.

Perhaps this means something else could happen, that is why they compete for spots in camp. I wonder if someone could be traded, like someone we are not expecting.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#22 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:03 PM

still don't see where miller is part of the plans since the wings seem hellbent on bringing in modano.

The Wings can sign all their players and Modano if they want, go over the cap by a little bit before the season starts, and then trade whoever they deem expendable.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#23 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:07 PM

The Wings can sign all their players and Modano if they want, go over the cap by a little bit before the season starts, and then trade whoever they deem expendable.

Not only that, they could likely sign all their roster RFA's as well as Modano and still be under the cap.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#24 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:09 PM

I am of the belief that anyone who hates Miller and wants him off the team has no concept of the defensive style of play in which he excells. His arrival coincided with the PK unit turning it around and saving our season.

Honestly I hope he takes another step forward in Camp and secures a spot, because I believe he brings alot to the team, even if goal scoring is not something he brings.

His penalty killing coincided with Babcock not using stars on the PK anymore. We have Abby killing penalties next season and other then the PK Miller excels at nothing. We could bring in your average role player/grinder type and the would most likely do just as good as Miller on the penalty kill, but with Abby we don't really even need a capable penalty killer signed because he can fill that position.

Noone hates Miller I don't think, we would just rather see money spent on someone who excels at something that this team needs. I would rather have the money for Miller spent on Modano, a solid5/6 dman or a 4th line grinder drake type player personally

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#25 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,372 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:09 PM

Not only that, they could likely sign all their roster RFA's as well as Modano and still be under the cap.

I like the sound of that.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#26 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:11 PM

On a somewhat related note, whatever happened to Miller_Brew or w/e. Did he never come back after his 6 threads that the NHL was fixed?
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#27 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:12 PM

i expect the salary to be in the 750-800K range
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#28 Swayze

Swayze

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:12 PM

Nice! Wanted him back.

#29 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:19 PM

Awesome, Miller did well on the PK. Hopefully he can pitch in like this more often :thumbup:

#30 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:20 PM

On a somewhat related note, whatever happened to Miller_Brew or w/e. Did he never come back after his 6 threads that the NHL was fixed?

Haha I completely forgot about him

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#31 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:24 PM

Awesome, Miller did well on the PK. Hopefully he can pitch in like this more often :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYdW0A5IAoo

Saw that one live. The crowd was going crazy!
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#32 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:41 PM

Meh sign and trade hopefully, unless he ison a dirt cheap deal

Yes exactly. He was on the bottom of the list imo.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#33 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,943 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:43 PM

Cool. I like him. Not to mention he has a great name.

Indeed! We need more players named Drew.

I like this. He did well for us last season. He has a role and he fulfills his duties. He may not be a superstar, but he does what he does, and that's all you can ask of a guy.

#34 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:44 PM

Indeed! We need more players named Drew.

Beat me to it <_<

Edited by Echolalia, 06 July 2010 - 02:44 PM.

#35 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:45 PM

Oh man why you gotta start that up...

Because, I am tired of people trashing miller that he doesn't bring anything we don't already have... having 3 players that can kill a penalty isnt enough, and hes probably our best defensive forward on the team... he doesnt play a flashy high powered offensive game or fight, so he doesn't get noticed like Flip or some enforcer. Hes a solid forth liner, and I think the wings are a better team with him.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#36 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:46 PM

Sooo Eaves may be out of the picture then??? :rolleyes:

Hopefully not.

#37 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:48 PM

I am of the belief that anyone who hates Miller and wants him off the team has no concept of the defensive style of play in which he excells. His arrival coincided with the PK unit turning it around and saving our season.

Honestly I hope he takes another step forward in Camp and secures a spot, because I believe he brings alot to the team, even if goal scoring is not something he brings.

I agree

#38 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:48 PM

And then maybe make a trade for a solid defensive defenseman? Plleeeeeeeease? Meech and whoever.

#39 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,825 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:49 PM

His penalty killing coincided with Babcock not using stars on the PK anymore. We have Abby killing penalties next season and other then the PK Miller excels at nothing. We could bring in your average role player/grinder type and the would most likely do just as good as Miller on the penalty kill, but with Abby we don't really even need a capable penalty killer signed because he can fill that position.

Noone hates Miller I don't think, we would just rather see money spent on someone who excels at something that this team needs. I would rather have the money for Miller spent on Modano, a solid5/6 dman or a 4th line grinder drake type player personally

This

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#40 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:51 PM

And then maybe make a trade for a solid defensive defenseman? Plleeeeeeeease? Meech and whoever.

Somehow I feel like this is the most important thing that had to be done yet...... Posted Image