• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwings1914

Miller signs 1 year deal

Rate this topic

It's funny that you've ignored the stats that hurt your case.

Statistically it's pretty much a wash. Yet you've been presenting it like it's clear cut superiority on the part of Eaves.

I want both to stay and Draper to magically retire without counting against the cap.

What do you mean? The only thing I left out is +/- and I wouldn't use it for or against my case... What else should I have used then?

Edit: I included blocked shots, which Miller has the edge in. What I included I figured would be the important stats for a 4th line player.

Edited by Jesusberg

still don't see where miller is part of the plans since the wings seem hellbent on bringing in modano.

It's like apples and oranges. Modano probably would play on the third line and 2nd PP unit. Miller is a 4th liner and a PK.

If anything, adding Modano will likely just mean Draper won't play a lot of games, and Abbey and Draper will alternate on the fourth line. Draper is a PK as well.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Modano-Hudler

Helm-Abdelkader-Eaves

Miller-Ritola-Draper

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-UFA

Kindl

Howard-Osgood

The Wings have 15 forwards for this season. :lol: Can we roll 5 lines?

Guest Crymson

Yeah, a guy who gets inflated point totals on playing the powerplay and in situations he would never get here, but would still not be a valuable asset to the team.

Let's hope not.

Don't forget the bloated contract.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Modano-Hudler

Helm-Abdelkader-Eaves

Miller-Ritola-Draper

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-UFA

Kindl

Howard-Osgood

The Wings have 15 forwards for this season. :lol: Can we roll 5 lines?

well if things go like last year we will need all the players we can get.

i feel Millers contract is only to fill a spot until someone is ready to come up full time next season, and Modano met with the Wings tonight and went to the Tigers game with Holland,Babcock and Ilitch so im guessing he is still a option

Nice and cheap, which is always good, but this better not be at the expense of Eaves and Ritola.

And why we're even contemplating Modano is absolutely beyond me. <_<

I have a feeling that Ritola is going to be waived... he hasn't shown much scoring prowess at the AHL level (back-to-back 42 point seasons), and he isn't overly physical. I think he's going to have to really impress at training camp if he's going to even have a chance of NHL play for the Red Wings.

I thought maybe Ritola would have a chance at the 3rd line center if he played well enough, but Babcock's comments about Abdelkader combined with the possibility of Modano coming to Detroit really seems to leave him on the outside looking in.

Ritola isn't all about points. He's great at puck possession, is strong defensively, he does hit (is way more physical than people give him credit for) and he's got a great work ethic.

I'd be shattered to lose Ritz on waivers, because it'll be devestating to see someone who has work so hard to make the Wings roster only to end up elsewhere because we're obsessed with washed up players like Modano who are good for 12 months max. Big picture Holland, big picture. :thumbdown:

Edited by Aussie_Wing

What do you mean? The only thing I left out is +/- and I wouldn't use it for or against my case... What else should I have used then?

Edit: I included blocked shots, which Miller has the edge in. What I included I figured would be the important stats for a 4th line player.

PP goals and GW goals in addition to the +/-. I also value his durability (80 games from a shot blocker is good).

Also I may have been a bit aggressive with ya. Sorry.

I don't think Miller is guaranteed to be in a Wings jersey, correct? The reason why I think that is because didn't Kenny sign Quincey to a contract after the cup year and then had to waive him?

PP goals and GW goals in addition to the +/-. I also value his durability (80 games from a shot blocker is good).

Also I may have been a bit aggressive with ya. Sorry.

Hey, no hard feelings man. I was more trying to talk against the claim that Eaves didn't outperform Miller in any aspect of play. I've got no issues with Miller at all, in fact I like him as a player. I just feel if I could only sign one of Eaves or Miller it would have to be Patty.

I left PP goals and GW goals out because I was trying to focus more on the defensive aspects that a 4th liner is expected to possess. I wasn't trying to skew the stats, as it were. Sorry for any confusion.

I don't think Miller is guaranteed to be in a Wings jersey, correct? The reason why I think that is because didn't Kenny sign Quincey to a contract after the cup year and then had to waive him?

This would be correct. The Red Wings signed Quincey to a 2 year deal worth 525K per for the 2008-2009 season. I really feel like the 14th roster spot is going to boil down to a battle between Abdelkader, Miller and Ritola.

If Miller and Ritola both outperform Abdelkader I could see him being sent down to GR again, but if he's close enough with the other two, I would have to think they will be traded or waived. If I'm not mistaken I just read that Helm and Abdelkader's contracts will be inked later in the summer, as the team is looking to lock them up for a little longer.

I really feel like Ritola's future as a Red Wing is in the most jeopardy, though.

Also, sorry for the double post. I didn't notice this post when I replied to the other. No one say, "there's a turd in the punch bowl".

I still get a kick over how his hair is almost all grey.

Although this reaction isn't that surprising. I remember reading an article about the Miller brothers and how Drew was somewhat of a hothead growing up and Ryan was the more "by the book" kind of guy.

20100420201136_2010-0420-dg-wings00.jpg