• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

How much production do you expect from Hudler?

Rate this topic

Point Total Expectations  

148 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Barring major injuries, how many points do you think Hudler is capable of next season? Babcock seems to think that Hudler has 70 point potential. I don't necessarily disagree, but find it hard to believe he will be able to put up those numbers THIS year, seeing as he most probably will be alternating between the 2nd-3rd lines, and Russia may have slowed down his game. I'm thinking anywhere from 55-65 points seems to be a realistic expectation, though I wouldn't be shocked if he put up some major numbers, and 30+ goals, or if he struggled to hit 50.

What say you LGW?

EDIT: Sorry Eva for not including the 120+ option :P

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I think 55-65 pts is definitely realistic, but I voted 60-70. Maybe Howard will be down with the clucking and Hudler will get an extra 15 or so from the chicken gods.

Yeah, I have no doubt in my mind that the kid has the vision and the hands of a ppg player, but I just fear his game may have regressed in Russia, and he has never been the fastest skater. Should be interesting though, a tiny bit of me expects him to explode offensively.

find it hard to believe he will be able to put up those numbers THIS year, seeing as he most probably will be alternating between the 2nd-3rd lines, and Russia may have slowed down his game.

I'm saying 50-60 for this reason. I think he'll be "slow" to start but will ramp it up, and next season will likely hit 60+, if not 70.

Guest PatKaneInHumane

It really depends on whether or not hes primarily playing with Filppula and Mule on the 2nd line or with Cleary/Bertuzzi/possibly Modano on the third.

If Flip can have his game be like that in the playoffs, I can see him setting up Hudler for 30-35 goals.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Mike Babcock publicly stated that he expects 60-70 from Huds so that will those will be my expectations. I think it will be interesting to see how he does. As of right now there are a ton of questions on him. I mean, did his game get worse in the one year he played in the KHL? Did he become a better skater on the bigger rinks? /those would probably be the biggest questions. I would say that is safe to bet he will have atleast 50, it is just a matter of figuring out what his points ceiling will be.

I guess it really depends on where he gets to play. I think Bertuzzi's play will falter during the season, and Hudler might get some more time on the 2nd line. I'm certain he'll end up with time on the PP too. I think 50-60 is a safe bet.

Playing on one of the top two lines, Hudler should be looking at around 30 goals and 40-50 assists, if not better. He'll either be on the wing with one of Dats or Z if they're split, or he'll be on a second line with Flip and Franzen. For a guy with Rex's offensive talent, 70 points or more should be the result from that kind of linemates, real top-six ice time and PP time like he should be getting.