• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

How much production do you expect from Hudler?

Rate this topic

Point Total Expectations  

148 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:lol: 12 people voted that Hudler would score fewer points than his two pro seasons. 3 of those people thought Hudler would magically regress to the point that he'll have his worst season since his rookie year.

Amazing hockey knowledge on display. :clap:

If he is, for the majority of the time, a third line ES and a second line PP fixture then a safe guess I think would be the 40-50 range. Is that not fair?

If he is, for the majority of the time, a third line ES and a second line PP fixture then a safe guess I think would be the 40-50 range. Is that not fair?

Given that in his last season in Detroit, he was such with less offensively skilled linemates than he would have this coming season in a similar role, and is a more mature player with more developed skills, why would he drop from 57 points to the 40-50 range?

:lol: 12 people voted that Hudler would score fewer points than his two pro seasons. 3 of those people thought Hudler would magically regress to the point that he'll have his worst season since his rookie year.

Amazing hockey knowledge on display. :clap:

well, if datsyuk can go from 97 to 70 why can't hudler? it's all going to depend on the way the team plays.

What about that one "Hudler chick" that used to come on here a lot? Maybe she was one of them as well.

And Im a Hudler slappy too.

And Im a Hudler slappy too.

Oh yeah. My bad. Can't say that I am. I'm rather neutral on Hudler. Pro Filppula. Pro Enforcer. I'm not really Anti anything. Well, except for maybe Jason Williams and Brett Lebda sometimes.

That's where he played in his 57pt season. There's no reason to expect he won't hit 60pts or at least hover in the mid 50's if he has a rough go of it. He's got too much talent to regress much. He had 42pts in his sophomore season. I doubt he'll drop below 50.

well, if datsyuk can go from 97 to 70 why can't hudler? it's all going to depend on the way the team plays.

No one in the hockey world would sound sane predicting that 97 to 70 drop for Datsyuk entering last season. There was zero basis to make that case until all of his wingers got broken.

If we're talking predictions you typically go with the most likely scenario (which in Datsyuk's case would not have been a 27 point fall!).

...you voted 7 times from a nice breakout pass?

The pass didn't put that puck in the net.

I think it's going to depend on a few things, such as how the team plays, what line he is on, and how much PP time he gets. If he plays on the 2nd line and gets some nice PP minutes, then I think he could produce some really nice numbers. If he plays on the 3rd line however, which seems to be what a lot of people around here think will happen, then I don't want to get my hopes up too much in case I get let down.

Edited by TNBT

Barring major injuries, how many points do you think Hudler is capable of next season? Babcock seems to think that Hudler has 70 point potential. I don't necessarily disagree, but find it hard to believe he will be able to put up those numbers THIS year, seeing as he most probably will be alternating between the 2nd-3rd lines, and Russia may have slowed down his game. I'm thinking anywhere from 55-65 points seems to be a realistic expectation, though I wouldn't be shocked if he put up some major numbers, and 30+ goals, or if he struggled to hit 50.

What say you LGW?

EDIT: Sorry Eva for not including the 120+ option :P

Man thought you were so against polls. What ever are you doing!? I thought polls were meaningless and even more so meaningless conducted with a bunch of people you don't know who make no decisions for the Red Wings. Wow bro, talk about complete and utter hypocrisy. Although I'm glad to see you realized how wrong you were.

As for the poll. I see Huds getting around 50 points. I voted 40-50. But I could see him getting 50-60 as well.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Man thought you were so against polls. What ever are you doing!? I thought polls were meaningless and even more so meaningless conducted with a bunch of people you don't know who make no decisions for the Red Wings. Wow bro, talk about complete and utter hypocrisy. Although I'm glad to see you realized how wrong you were.

As for the poll. I see Huds getting around 50 points. I voted 40-50. But I could see him getting 50-60 as well.

Was there another topic about Hudler on the first page? No? My whole issue with you bitching like a 5 year old girl was the fact that we already had a discussion going regarding the topic and that should have been good enough for you, seeing as you do not pay a dime for this cent. Unsurprisingly though you seem to have missed the point.

Glad to see you're still bitter though. So much for being "above arguing" rofl.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Was there another topic about Hudler on the first page? No?

Glad to see you're still bitter though. So much for being "above arguing" rofl.

Nah not bitter at all. Just pointing out facts. Almost couldn't believe my eyes when I seen you were the poll starter. Your previous argument had nothing to do with multiple similar topics. You simply stated something along the lines of, "polls being useless, especially polls with people you don't know who make no decisions for our team." I can go back and direct quote you if you'd like. Like I said, glad to see you obviously changed your tune on polls. Good poll too. Hudler will be an interesting piece to the puzzle this upcoming season.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Nah not bitter at all. Just pointing out facts. Almost couldn't believe my eyes when I seen you were the poll starter. Your previous argument had nothing to do with multiple similar topics. You simply stated something along the lines of, "polls being useless, especially polls with people you don't know who make no decisions for our team." I can go back and direct quote you if you'd like. Like I said, glad to see you obviously changed your tune on polls. Good poll too. Hudler will be an interesting piece to the puzzle this upcoming season.

Re-read my post. I edited it. If you got something else from my original complaint, you missed the point.

Jiri Hudler. 2008-2009.

57 points. 28 of those were on the PP. 29 of those were during ES.

For most of the 08-09 season he had Filppula and Samuelsson as linemates during ES; Zetterberg, Franzen, Kronwall and Samuelsson as linemates during the PP. Right?

For this upcoming season he theoretically will have Modano (Abdelkader) and Cleary as linemates during ES; Filppula, Franzen, Kronwall and Modano (????) as linemates during the PP. Let's just assume those will be the players.

How does that make things look for everybody?

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Jiri Hudler. 2008-2009.

For most of the 08-09 season he had Filppula and Samuelsson as linemates during ES; Zetterberg, Franzen, Kronwall and Samuelsson as linemates during the PP. Right?

For this upcoming season he theoretically will have Modano (Abdelkader) and Cleary as linemates during ES; Filppula, Franzen, Kronwall and Modano (????) as linemates during the PP. Let's just assume those will be the players.

All indications have been that Hudler will at least start out on the 2nd line, most probably with Filppula and Franzen. An upgrade for sure. If he is demoted to the 3rd line Modano and Cleary now are not that far behind Filppula and Sammy from that season. Remember, Filppula a few years ago was nowhere near as potent on the offensive side as he was the end of last season.

Re-read my post. I edited it. If you got something else from my original complaint, you missed the point.

Couldn't have possibly been the way you worded certain posts that day right? I must be the one who missed the point. You couldn't possibly have contributed to that right? Come on now. Sure there was a few Modano threads (and there still is). But you never made that the focus of your previous argument. The majority of your posts that day had more to do with poll bashing in general. Hence, your words, "polls are useless, especially with people you don't know who make no decisions for the Red Wings." Seriously don't wanna argue. I'm just giving you my perspective. If I missed the point, my bad bro. But like I said, just glad to see you changed your attitude on polls.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Couldn't have possibly been the way you worded certain posts that day right? I must be the one who missed the point. You couldn't possibly have contributed to that right? Come on now. Sure there was a few Modano threads (and there still is). But you never made that the focus of your previous argument. The majority of your posts that day had more to do with poll bashing in general. Hence, your words, "polls are useless, especially with people you don't know who make no decisions for the Red Wings." Seriously don't wanna argue. I'm just giving you my perspective. If I missed the point, my bad bro. But like I said, just glad to see you changed your attitude on polls.

I'm 99% sure you're being sarcastic especially with the "Bro" part, but honestly I don't care enough to respond. In the off chance you were serious, I guess it was just a misinterpretation, and sorry for the jabs at your job.

I'm 99% sure you're being sarcastic especially with the "Bro" part, but honestly I don't care enough to respond. In the off chance you were serious, I guess it was just a misinterpretation, and sorry for the jabs at your job.

No sarcasm at all actually. And no worries about the job bashing. We were both being assholes that night. lol We're human, it happens. I too apologize for any jackassary from that night. Was having a bad week.

All indications have been that Hudler will at least start out on the 2nd line, most probably with Filppula and Franzen. An upgrade for sure. If he is demoted to the 3rd line Modano and Cleary now are not that far behind Filppula and Sammy from that season. Remember, Filppula a few years ago was nowhere near as potent on the offensive side as he was the end of last season.

Which indications have you seen?

I've seen this one that places Huds on the 3rd: http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100628/SPORTS05/6280362/1053/SPORTS/Wings-Mike-Babcock-wants-Henrik-Zetterberg-Pavel-Datsyuk-on-same-line&template=fullarticle

I've read reports about how Hudler will get a chance to secure a spot on the 2nd line but haven't we heard that before?

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I've seen this one that places Huds on the 3rd: http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100628/SPORTS05/6280362/1053/SPORTS/Wings-Mike-Babcock-wants-Henrik-Zetterberg-Pavel-Datsyuk-on-same-line&template=fullarticle

I've read reports about how Hudler will get a chance to secure a spot on the 2nd line but haven't we heard that before?

Just from the way Babcock has talked about him in interviews. I don't have any direct quotes, but I doubt he expects 70 points from the third line.

Jiri Hudler. 2008-2009.

Z wasn't primarily on the 2nd PP that year-- he was playing with Datsyuk on the 1st PP.

The 2nd PP looks superior. His theoretical linemates on the 3rd look a bit worse (although Modano is a better playmaker than Filppula and is a superior shooter). However, the only way Hudler stays permanently on the 3rd line is if Bertuzzi outperforms him offensively (unlikely based on the current decade). Hudler will float between the 2nd and 3rd line just like he always has. Assuming he'll regress to his sophomore level is just foolish.

It's Mike Babcock and the year is 2010. The idea that lines are fixed unless players get injured is 1990's coaching.