Photo
- - - - -

How much production do you expect from Hudler?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#21 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:40 PM

Mike Babcock publicly stated that he expects 60-70 from Huds so that will those will be my expectations. I think it will be interesting to see how he does. As of right now there are a ton of questions on him. I mean, did his game get worse in the one year he played in the KHL? Did he become a better skater on the bigger rinks? /those would probably be the biggest questions. I would say that is safe to bet he will have atleast 50, it is just a matter of figuring out what his points ceiling will be.
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#22 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:59 PM

I guess it really depends on where he gets to play. I think Bertuzzi's play will falter during the season, and Hudler might get some more time on the 2nd line. I'm certain he'll end up with time on the PP too. I think 50-60 is a safe bet.

#23 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:32 PM

I really think that Huds has put A LOT of pressure on himself herePosted Image...I just can't wait to see how he deals. (i picked between 50-60)
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#24 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:37 PM

Playing on one of the top two lines, Hudler should be looking at around 30 goals and 40-50 assists, if not better. He'll either be on the wing with one of Dats or Z if they're split, or he'll be on a second line with Flip and Franzen. For a guy with Rex's offensive talent, 70 points or more should be the result from that kind of linemates, real top-six ice time and PP time like he should be getting.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#25 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:39 PM

:lol: 12 people voted that Hudler would score fewer points than his two pro seasons. 3 of those people thought Hudler would magically regress to the point that he'll have his worst season since his rookie year.

Amazing hockey knowledge on display. :clap:
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#26 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:43 PM

70+ or I'm whippin' his ass myself!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#27 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:45 PM

:lol: 12 people voted that Hudler would score fewer points than his two pro seasons. 3 of those people thought Hudler would magically regress to the point that he'll have his worst season since his rookie year.

If he is, for the majority of the time, a third line ES and a second line PP fixture then a safe guess I think would be the 40-50 range. Is that not fair?

#28 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:53 PM

If he is, for the majority of the time, a third line ES and a second line PP fixture then a safe guess I think would be the 40-50 range. Is that not fair?

Given that in his last season in Detroit, he was such with less offensively skilled linemates than he would have this coming season in a similar role, and is a more mature player with more developed skills, why would he drop from 57 points to the 40-50 range?

#29 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:12 AM

Eva, I'm just trying to figure out how you voted 7 times. :P

#30 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:36 AM

The same way this happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq4FYLZw9dU

#31 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:37 AM

What about that one "Hudler chick" that used to come on here a lot? Maybe she was one of them as well.

#32 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:38 AM

The same way this happened:

...you voted 7 times from a nice breakout pass?

Edited by Zetts, 07 July 2010 - 12:38 AM.

#33 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:06 AM

well, if datsyuk can go from 97 to 70 why can't hudler? it's all going to depend on the way the team plays.

#34 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:15 AM

What about that one "Hudler chick" that used to come on here a lot? Maybe she was one of them as well.

And Im a Hudler slappy too.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#35 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:43 AM

And Im a Hudler slappy too.

Oh yeah. My bad. Can't say that I am. I'm rather neutral on Hudler. Pro Filppula. Pro Enforcer. I'm not really Anti anything. Well, except for maybe Jason Williams and Brett Lebda sometimes.

#36 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:50 AM

That's where he played in his 57pt season. There's no reason to expect he won't hit 60pts or at least hover in the mid 50's if he has a rough go of it. He's got too much talent to regress much. He had 42pts in his sophomore season. I doubt he'll drop below 50.

well, if datsyuk can go from 97 to 70 why can't hudler? it's all going to depend on the way the team plays.

No one in the hockey world would sound sane predicting that 97 to 70 drop for Datsyuk entering last season. There was zero basis to make that case until all of his wingers got broken.

If we're talking predictions you typically go with the most likely scenario (which in Datsyuk's case would not have been a 27 point fall!).

...you voted 7 times from a nice breakout pass?

The pass didn't put that puck in the net.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#37 TNBT

TNBT

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:55 AM

I think it's going to depend on a few things, such as how the team plays, what line he is on, and how much PP time he gets. If he plays on the 2nd line and gets some nice PP minutes, then I think he could produce some really nice numbers. If he plays on the 3rd line however, which seems to be what a lot of people around here think will happen, then I don't want to get my hopes up too much in case I get let down.

Edited by TNBT, 07 July 2010 - 01:56 AM.

#38 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:57 AM

Barring major injuries, how many points do you think Hudler is capable of next season? Babcock seems to think that Hudler has 70 point potential. I don't necessarily disagree, but find it hard to believe he will be able to put up those numbers THIS year, seeing as he most probably will be alternating between the 2nd-3rd lines, and Russia may have slowed down his game. I'm thinking anywhere from 55-65 points seems to be a realistic expectation, though I wouldn't be shocked if he put up some major numbers, and 30+ goals, or if he struggled to hit 50.

What say you LGW?

EDIT: Sorry Eva for not including the 120+ option :P

Man thought you were so against polls. What ever are you doing!? I thought polls were meaningless and even more so meaningless conducted with a bunch of people you don't know who make no decisions for the Red Wings. Wow bro, talk about complete and utter hypocrisy. Although I'm glad to see you realized how wrong you were.

As for the poll. I see Huds getting around 50 points. I voted 40-50. But I could see him getting 50-60 as well.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#39 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:59 AM

Man thought you were so against polls. What ever are you doing!? I thought polls were meaningless and even more so meaningless conducted with a bunch of people you don't know who make no decisions for the Red Wings. Wow bro, talk about complete and utter hypocrisy. Although I'm glad to see you realized how wrong you were.

As for the poll. I see Huds getting around 50 points. I voted 40-50. But I could see him getting 50-60 as well.

Was there another topic about Hudler on the first page? No? My whole issue with you bitching like a 5 year old girl was the fact that we already had a discussion going regarding the topic and that should have been good enough for you, seeing as you do not pay a dime for this cent. Unsurprisingly though you seem to have missed the point.

Glad to see you're still bitter though. So much for being "above arguing" rofl.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA, 07 July 2010 - 02:03 AM.

Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#40 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:03 AM

Was there another topic about Hudler on the first page? No?

Glad to see you're still bitter though. So much for being "above arguing" rofl.

Nah not bitter at all. Just pointing out facts. Almost couldn't believe my eyes when I seen you were the poll starter. Your previous argument had nothing to do with multiple similar topics. You simply stated something along the lines of, "polls being useless, especially polls with people you don't know who make no decisions for our team." I can go back and direct quote you if you'd like. Like I said, glad to see you obviously changed your tune on polls. Good poll too. Hudler will be an interesting piece to the puzzle this upcoming season.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg