• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Detroit is currently 4th highest in cap money for defensemen

Rate this topic

In cost per player, we are actually second I believe.

Still fourth. Chicago, Toronto and the NY Rangers are all ahead of us.

Edit: If you meant for defense that is.

Edited by Zetts

I read an article a while back, I believe it was about Jimmy D but it may have been about Holland (its not really important which one it was), and he said he looked at the most successful teams in the league, and it started with a solid defensemen who could play the puck, and from then on he looked for defense men who could start the charge up the ice.

So it would make perfect since to have the 4th highest defense spending. Especially when we still have arguably the best defense men in the league, and at least a second one that is in the top 10.

I read an article a while back, I believe it was about Jimmy D but it may have been about Holland (its not really important which one it was), and he said he looked at the most successful teams in the league, and it started with a solid defensemen who could play the puck, and from then on he looked for defense men who could start the charge up the ice.

So it would make perfect since to have the 4th highest defense spending. Especially when we still have arguably the best defense men in the league, and at least a second one that is in the top 10.

Puck moving defensemen are very important. Being able to get that first pass moving down the ice, springing the forwards behind the other team's defense.

Rafalski is no where near top 10. I'm assuming that is who you are considering is our D man in the top 10 besides Nick.

Rafalski is no where near top 10. I'm assuming that is who you are considering is our D man in the top 10 besides Nick.

Rafalski is underrated by Detroit fans (Lidstrom effect) - he's easily Top 20. This is the guy that is usually in the top 10 for points, just was the defenseman of the olympics and plays pretty good defense to boot.

Kronwall has it in him to be up there too.