• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockey God

RUMOR: Wings sign Modano

Rate this topic

Robocop 4?

Darren Arinofsky (Requiem for a Dream, Pi, The Fountain) was actually supposed to shoot a reboot of the Robocop franchise within the past year or so. Too bad he didn't, and none of the Robocop movies were shot in Detroit. The new Scream movie is being shot in Grand Rapids, maybe Willa can commute.

Either way, sucks that this is all hearsay.

Even tho it's a rumor, I would love it to be a 2 year deal. Lower cap hit and a good center 3rd/4th line player for 2 years.

A 1 year contract for a player over 35 allows the Wings to go over cap. A 2 year does not.

Darren Arinofsky (Requiem for a Dream, Pi, The Fountain) was actually supposed to shoot a reboot of the Robocop franchise within the past year or so. Too bad he didn't, and none of the Robocop movies were shot in Detroit. The new Scream movie is being shot in Grand Rapids, maybe Willa can commute.

Either way, sucks that this is all hearsay.

The first Robocop movie was, in part shot here in Detroit. At COBO hall actually, the OCP building was in fact COBO.

The first Robocop movie was, in part shot here in Detroit. At COBO hall actually, the OCP building was in fact COBO.

Well I stand corrected, then. I was under the impression that the 1st movie was shot entirely in Dallas.

You give him 2mill the first year and .750 the second, Modano retires after the first year making 2 mill yet his cap hit was only 1.375, it's a win/win.

yea, minus that whole eating 1.375 of cap space for a player that isn't on the team - if he signs a 2 year, he better fulfill it...

But with Lidstrom retiring, along with Draper and who knows who else, a lot of cap space is going to be freed up next summer and it's likely his 900k cap hit after retirement won't hurt the team any. This is probably Holland's reasoning (again, if the 2 year part is true). So really it's a smart move, a cheap 2 year contract even if Modano retires after the next season.

Exactly. :thumbup:

Edited by Drake_Marcus

Please retire! This would be horrible for the young guys on this team. Absolutely makes no sense whatsoever. 1 yr would be awful, 2 yrs? rediculous. Someone tell Holland that Helm, Abdelkader, Ritola, Eaves, Miller all could play on this team for the next deacade. We don't need Modano, he's finished.

Please retire! This would be horrible for the young guys on this team. Absolutely makes no sense whatsoever. 1 yr would be awful, 2 yrs? rediculous. Someone tell Holland that Helm, Abdelkader, Ritola, Eaves, Miller all could play on this team for the next deacade. We don't need Modano, he's finished.

Well said!

I heard the Wings offered him 2 options a 1yr deal and a 2yr deal....i really hope we dont lose Ritola ill be really mad if we let one of these young guys go again like Quincy!!!!, if Modano does sign and we need to let someone go id rather it be Eaves at this point then Ritola

There are a ton of movies being shot in Detroit and Ann Arbor currently.

Robocop 4?

I've been in a few. Red dawn (2010) filmed last fall, recently in Harold and Kumar 3 (Christmas H&K) and The Double. They also have had a bunch more, a popular one being Real Steel. Parts of Transformers 3 is also being shot in Metro Detroit. So with her coming here she could definitley get some work without a doubt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the Modano signing don't toy with peoples emotions! He hasn't signed anything yet and I can't wait to log on and see the headlines something along this "Modano bound for HockeyTown, or #9 is headed home"!!!! Com'on Kenny and Mikey, get er' done! :thumbup:

With the signing of Miller, Eaves would be the one to go.

You know how like, when you ask a girl out and she says, "let me think about it"... then a couple days pass by and you're sitting there feeling kind of stupid. And then a little later you start to feel like, "who do you think you are, just give me an answer!?"... Yeah.

Edited by Jesusberg

i dont have an online source Holland, Babcock, and Modano were at my work today and my boss said they agreed to a two year deal

i want to believe u but yet i dont really...still need the source sorry