• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Four

Eaves signs 1 year deal

Rate this topic

Well than I was wrong on that, but I still remember that while he is an RFA has to get a raise on a new contract.

Based on which number though? If it's total earnings you have to consider that Abdelkader played something like 33 games in GR. He didn't really earn the full 875K or whatever it was and he got a hell of a lot less money relative to what he would earn if he were in DET. I'm thinking the 5% raise might just be based on his total earnings from last year.

I'm not exactly sure if this is the right number on CapGeek but I wouldn't be surprised if it were as far as Abby's total earnings go: $519,689

If that's the right number then he'll at least have a contract of $545,673.45.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

props to Jesusberg for the Michael Scott reference

How can we Lobby to get a Patrick Eaves emoticon?

Haha! Yes!!!

That and this one I use a lot to describe Eaves' excitement: :w00t2:

Eaves' excitement is probably one of the reasons why I like him so much as a player. I kind of hope that Mursak and Tatar's move up to the big club is hindered for just a year longer so we can hang onto Patrick. At the very least Draper finishing up next season should leave a space open as well.

The year after next season Homer and Bert will be off the books, and then I'd like to see Tatar and Mursak slide onto the team. All I know is a 4th line of Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves is something I want to see for a good while. Maybe it's a pipe dream, though.

So I'm thinking this puts Abds at 850k and Helm at 950k.

You're probably right, but at this point I don't see why Abs or Helm should get paid any more than Eaves. After all, despite playing different roles on the team, they are all about just as good as each other.

I don't know. Abby has less experience and production than Miller and Eaves. I know we think he'll be in that ballpark because of his last contract but that was two-way. He didn't earn anything near that nearly 900K contract. Maybe they can come at a little cheaper than those numbers.

The difference is that they're trying to sign Abdelkader for a multi-year deal, three years or something like that. He's a player who's getting better and better all the time. I think he's easily worth more than 1M after a year or two so 850k cap hit now for three years for example would be quite right. Edited by Finnish Wing