• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jasper84

Brett Lebda signs with Toronto

Rate this topic

"A two year deal for very little money for a very underrated defenseman. Red Wings fans can not be pleases they lost him..."

Quote by Eklund on his site. HA HA HA. I love the very little money part.

never understood the hatred here for lebda. a solid d-man with speed. obviously 1.45M would've been too steep for the wings so good for him getting that deal, but you guys are s***ting on him like he was a scrub. am i the only one that actually liked this guy (a little)?

I think you might be. To call him solid is an overstatement, for sure. My gripes started initially with his giveaways, namely a costly one in 2007. The more I paid attention to him, the more I noticed his lack of.. everything. Fast, true, but that doesn't earn you a roster spot when it's your only upside.

never understood the hatred here for lebda. a solid d-man with speed. obviously 1.45M would've been too steep for the wings so good for him getting that deal, but you guys are s***ting on him like he was a scrub. am i the only one that actually liked this guy (a little)?

His speed was the only thing he had going for him. Fortunately the speed of his game didn't coincide with the rest of the guys on the ice at the time. He was poor at best with two thirds of his game.

I don't hate him. Good for him getting over paid and putting himself under the microscope there in Toronto. He will probably will play decent now. Typical of past Wings that have moved on.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Holy crap. 1.45 mil a year for Lebda? :lol:

Edited by Hatethedrake!

That is the biggest bag of crap I have ever heard. The only thing he has going for him is his speed other then that the man can not pass a puck at all!

Thats why I love Eklund.

I was there that night, I remember when he went down it looked like he was out for a second, he just went stiff. that night was when Yzerman was inducted into the hall of fame, there were more Red Wing fans in attendance than Leaf fans it was awesome.