• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jasper84

Brett Lebda signs with Toronto

Rate this topic

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

I read that earlier and I lol'd the whole entire time

One of the few things I'll remember Brett Lebda for is his time with the Stanley Cup:

The rumor was Brett Lebda accidentally dropped it. "I don't know what you're talking about," Lebda said. "I didn't drop it. That's a bad rumor going around."

Lebda is a Notre Dame Fightin ***** and I thought he always will be a depth defensemen. Good luck with that one, ass.

Also, my buddies were at Cheli's when Lebda dropped the Cup and dented it. That is not a rumor. It's true. Photographic evidence to come once I find it on Facebook..

Did you all listen to the radio interview? At the start he makes it clear the Wings really didn't push for his services, they asked but other then that he knew they did not want him. Also the way he sounds in the interview is a respectable tone. George Malik just twisted the interesting words and used them against Lebda. I am not a fan of Lebda in any way (I called Toronto suckers for paying him that much) but lets bash him for telling the truth. There was no room for him and he wanted to play more. He got way more then Detroit would ever give him so I cannot blame him for going to Toronto.

Yea that was an exaggeration about the interview. It sounded like a typical interview for a guy who was cast off from his previous organization. No one in their right mind would come out and say "Yea I wasn't good enough back there so I came here where I can crack the top 6." I thought it was a fine interview and wish him the best on a rebuilding team.

Guest Crymson

You have got to be kidding me. There's no way a team is dumb enough to pay Lebda anything over the league minimum, knowing what we know about him now. The Leafs continue to cement themselves to the league basement.

I half expect Lebda to suddenly become a top pairing defenseman. That seems to be the luck we've had with losing players for nothing.

Yeah, absolutely. Like Schneider. And Bertuzzi the first time. They did great when they left the team.

How quickly people forget such things when they simply like to complain.

You know, he could very well get some good press in Toronto. In Detroit, we're so spoiled we rip on the greatest defensemen (Rafalski, even Lidstrom from time to time), but on another team where there really isn't a "complete" player of any caliber, they could very well overlook his glaring mistakes and appreciate his speed. He DID do well that time he was the only NHL defenseman left uninjured on the team for a week or so, but he can't achieve that level again for any length of time. There's no way a player gets worse with less playing time.

Clip? I'd love to see that.

I did a quick search and couldn't find it but I'll definitely keep looking. It was during the 2009 run and the Wings were in a game against Anaheim.

EDIT: Oh mannn... No wonder. YT took it down. But here's a writing about it by George Malik so that at least people know I'm not making this up: http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2009/05/hell_has_a_slight_frost_don_ch.html

I just remember the look on Ozzie's face in that clip as he talked with Lebda. It was like, "What the hell was that?" Kind of like the few times where Stuart and Lebda were stuck on the ice together this past season. The other team would score a goal and Stuart would have a look on his face like, "What the hell are you doing here?" because Bart was so out of position.

Edited by titanium2

You know, he could very well get some good press in Toronto. In Detroit, we're so spoiled we rip on the greatest defensemen (Rafalski, even Lidstrom from time to time), but on another team where there really isn't a "complete" player of any caliber, they could very well overlook his glaring mistakes and appreciate his speed. He DID do well that time he was the only NHL defenseman left uninjured on the team for a week or so, but he can't achieve that level again for any length of time. There's no way a player gets worse with less playing time.

Please. Rafalski is not great. The people who rip on Rafalski, including myself, have every right too.

I have my doubts he will get more ice time if there are no injuries, especially if Kaberle stays. I never thought he was too bad for an almost league minimum defenceman. He makes as many mistakes as Rafi for like $5.4? less money.

I did a quick search and couldn't find it but I'll definitely keep looking. It was during the 2009 run and the Wings were in a game against Anaheim.

EDIT: Oh mannn... No wonder. YT took it down. But here's a writing about it by George Malik so that at least people know I'm not making this up: http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2009/05/hell_has_a_slight_frost_don_ch.html

I just remember the look on Ozzie's face in that clip as he talked with Lebda. It was like, "What the hell was that?" Kind of like the few times where Stuart and Lebda were stuck on the ice together this past season. The other team would score a goal and Stuart would have a look on his face like, "What the hell are you doing here?" because Bart was so out of position.

:thumbup::lol:

Well now we can look forward to Giggy yelling at him in French.