• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jasper84

Brett Lebda signs with Toronto

Rate this topic

From Toronto Star:

For one, Wilson wasn’t at all pleased with the call in overtime that sent defenceman Brett Lebda to the penalty box for goaltender interference and ultimately led to Tavares’s goal.

“I thought they weren’t going to call anything, and that was a marginal call after you see (Nikolai) Kulemin get hauled down in the neutral zone off a faceoff,” said Wilson. “What are you going to do?”

The problem is that at that moment, it wasn't Wilson doing the thinking.

For some here the Lebda bashing has gone from a part-time hobby to a full-time job.

Crosby sucks.

Oh wait, wrong thread. :P

Watching the replay, however, I have to agree with Wilson - that was a bit of a marginal call, especially in OT. Lebda clearly made an effort to avoid the goaltender and I've seen goaltender interference not called on worse offenses than that. Leafs got screwed.

But it's still funny that it was Lebda's fault that they're no longer undefeated. :P

He managed a goaltender interference penalty in OT? As a defenseman?

I was never a Lebda fan, but I wouldn't have even expected this level of crapiness from him.

I feel as though the Benny Hill music should play when Lebda is on the ice...

Never quite understood the Lebda hate myself. Was paid liek a #6 Dman, and performed like one. Yet, it seems people on here have a crush on Lilja who is even worse (and got paid more), then Lebda.

Weird.

Lilja was not worse than Lebda. Lilja blocked shots, was useful on the pk, and was somewhat physical. Lebda was none of those things. Lilja was also better defensively overall. Which is part of why Lilja got paid more and played more.

Well I agree and disagree...Lilja wasn't so great his 1st few seasons with the Wings, but evolved into a solid stay at home guy...Lebda really hasn't changed much since rookie season; speedy rearguard who can carry the puck up ice, but does little with it otherwise, and has a few brain farts from time to time in his own end.

Funny though how they made a solid 3rd pair.

Watched the game last night; Lebda/Komisarek pairing played well, and IMO that goalie interference call was a tad weak.

Many forget Lilja's performance when he 1st became a Red Wing.

Hard to forget his turnover to Selanne in the 2007 WCF..

The difference between Lilja and Lebda is that while Lilja got better over the years, Lebda got worse. Lilja improved from the days of his terrible turnovers and brainfarts. Maybe he passed them on to Lebda? I remember being much more excited about Lebda in the early years than Lilja, but Lilja endeared himself to fans by being an overall solid defenseman. Lebda just pissed us off.

Yup, and from what I recall many wanted his head on a platter for that...Funny thing though - Lilja also scored Detroit's only goal that game as well.

I'll admit, I was calling for his head. He was solid after that, though. Sucks to see him in Anaheim. He's starting to age. Wonder how much he's got left in him after this year.

I thought Lebda was fine last night. No glaring mistakes other than the penalty.

Penalty was aggravating because they let everything go in OT up until that call. Guys were hauling each other down and running interference left and right. It was definitely a penalty, but just frustrating when everything in OT was let go up until that point.

Either Komisarek is suddenly a 3rd pairing defenseman or the Leafs made a huge mistake.

Komisarek is playing on the 3rd pairing.

Dion Phaneuf - Francois Beauchemin

Tomas Kaberle - Luke Schenn

Brett Lebda - Mike Komisarek

Carl Gunnarsson

Edited by MacK_Attack