• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jasper84

Brett Lebda signs with Toronto

Rate this topic

I liked the one person's comment about knowing Lebda came from the Red Wings system, it almost made the Leafs fans seem like they'd never seen a player actually complete a long-distance pass before, haha.

Kaberle does it every game.

In any event, Ledbda expected to sit tonight, Carl Gunnarsson back in.

Kaberle does it every game.

In any event, Ledbda expected to sit tonight, Carl Gunnarsson back in.

This whole thing baffles me. Why the hell did they pay him so much? It's not like he was an unknown quantity.

On hfboards, when he was signed Toronto fans were saying it's because he may have been a 6/7th D-man on the Wings, but would play a lot more on Toronto.

This whole thing baffles me. Why the hell did they pay him so much? It's not like he was an unknown quantity.

On hfboards, when he was signed Toronto fans were saying it's because he may have been a 6/7th D-man on the Wings, but would play a lot more on Toronto.

It's a tough blueline to crack. Not a lot of ice time to be scooped up by Lebda, or anybody else outside of the top-four.

The only defenceman making less than him is Gunnarsson, and that's because he's on an ELC. $1.45 million really isn't an exorbitant amount anymore. It's 2% of the cap. Hell, they're paying Jeff Finger $3.5 million to play in the AHL.

I'll say that keeping Kaberle has made Lebda awfully redundant in the sense that they don't need him on the PP with Kaberle running things.

Now next year could be a different story.

Edited by MacK_Attack

Have the Leafs really not won a game yet with him in the lineup?

They haven't, but he's only played two games.

Toronto lost tonight.... since the return of Brett 0-2-1... before him 4-0 HA :hehe:

He was a healthy scratch last night. Though Carl Gunnarsson played pretty well, so I doubt he'll get back in soon. Edited by MacK_Attack

It's a tough blueline to crack. Not a lot of ice time to be scooped up by Lebda, or anybody else outside of the top-four.

The only defenceman making less than him is Gunnarsson, and that's because he's on an ELC. $1.45 million really isn't an exorbitant amount anymore. It's 2% of the cap. Hell, they're paying Jeff Finger $3.5 million to play in the AHL.

I'll say that keeping Kaberle has made Lebda awfully redundant in the sense that they don't need him on the PP with Kaberle running things.

Now next year could be a different story.

I hear ya, but honestly I think it's a lot for a known quantity like Lebda. There is not really a lot of untapped potential or upside. Lilja and Salei are two guys I'd put in the lineup over Lebda, and they're both making less than a million.

I just really dont' understand this signing for that much money. If they hoped he would fulfill a larger role and then realized how limited he was, or what.

I hear ya, but honestly I think it's a lot for a known quantity like Lebda. There is not really a lot of untapped potential or upside. Lilja and Salei are two guys I'd put in the lineup over Lebda, and they're both making less than a million.

I just really dont' understand this signing for that much money. If they hoped he would fulfill a larger role and then realized how limited he was, or what.

You think they would have learned that lesson with Jeff Finger.

My only theory that could justify the signing was that they thought Kaberle was gone and they felt they needed a guy for the powerplay and couldn't wait to see if Kaberle was going to be dealt or not.

Edited by MacK_Attack

From Toronto Star:

The Maple Leafs are officially in trouble.

They lost 3-2 to the Ottawa Senators, their GM called some fans “a disgrace” for booing, and their captain — the object of such boos — is now out with a cut leg and doubtful for Wednesday’s game against the Washington Capitals.

“He’s got a cut on his leg and it was deep enough that they wanted to take him to the hospital to determine the extent of his injuries,” said coach Ron Wilson. “We have Brett Lebda ready to jump in. We’ll just go from there.

I'm not sure if Mr. McGran's initial statement refers to Phaneuf's injury or...