• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#181 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,505 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:35 PM

How do people figure Lebda will get 40 points?or even come close?He'll be a 3rd pairing defenseman and he won't be surrounded by nearly as much talent in Toronto as he was in Detroit.

You're right - chances are Lebda will be on the 3rd pairing in T.O. However if Kaberle gets moved - who else will be on the pp?..There's a fair chance Lebda might get some time on the second pp unit, and that could see a bump in his numbers.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#182 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:41 PM

Lebda on the PP? Why? He doesn't have a hard or accurate shot. He's not even a poor man's Rafalski when it comes to keeping the puck in the zone.

If he's on the PP I might just dare him to shoot it every time.

#183 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,505 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:07 PM

Lebda on the PP? Why? He doesn't have a hard or accurate shot. He's not even a poor man's Rafalski when it comes to keeping the puck in the zone.

If he's on the PP I might just dare him to shoot it every time.

I'm guessing Burke might see Lebda as another Ian White; a guy who's capable of doing more if given the opportunity.

There's really not many guys on the Leafs D who's adept at moving the puck up ice - even less if Kaberle gets moved...If Kaberle is moved that'll mean Phaneuf/Beauchemin are likely to be on the pp, and quite possibly Gunnarsson as well...Schenn/Komisarek will lots of ice time on the pk; so really there's the potential to have a opening on the point for the 2nd pp unit...Lebda?

#184 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:09 PM

If Lebda does even half-decently in Toronto, I guarantee there will be people bashing Holland for not re-signing him. Included amongst the people will likely be many of those who spent a significant amount of time bashing Lebda in the past. They'll accuse Holland of not seeing his potential; they'll accuse Babcock of using him incorrectly; they'll lament his loss and feel sorry for themselves. It'll be hilarious.

How do people figure Lebda will get 40 points?or even come close?He'll be a 3rd pairing defenseman and he won't be surrounded by nearly as much talent in Toronto as he was in Detroit.

Toronto doesn't even have one viable forward scoring line, and they have all of one defenseman (Kaberle) who can move the puck effectively---and that defenseman just so happens to suck at defense.

#185 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,505 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:14 PM

If Lebda does even half-decently in Toronto, I guarantee there will be people bashing Holland for not re-signing him. Included amongst the people will likely be many of those who spent a significant amount of time bashing Lebda in the past. They'll accuse Holland of not seeing his potential; they'll accuse Babcock of using him incorrectly; they'll lament his loss and feel sorry for themselves. It'll be hilarious.

Yeah - that's how I see it too...Truth be told I'm pulling for the guy, and hope he does well.

#186 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:53 PM

Adios partner.

In all seriousness I hope he gets some more playing time there and he'll somehow get into a more established role.

He had one here and did really well for himself his first few seasons here, but tailed off and didn't really improve whatsoever overall.

Best of luck to him with the Maple Leafs.

#187 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:59 PM

They'll accuse Holland of not seeing his potential; they'll accuse Babcock of using him incorrectly; they'll lament his loss and feel sorry for themselves. It'll be hilarious.

Pretty much what all Wings fans do when a guy leaves and does well elsewhere. Not really making any breaking news here. Might be funny but it happens with every single move that doesn't appear to work out well for the Wings and/or Wings fans. Ho-hum what can ya do? You will be Captain Eat the Crow! :thumbup:

Edited by HankthaTank, 12 July 2010 - 08:37 PM.

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#188 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:06 AM

Pretty much what all Wings fans do when a guy leaves and does well elsewhere. Not really making any breaking news here. Might be funny but it happens with every single move that doesn't appear to work out well for the Wings and/or Wings fans. Ho-hum what can ya do? You will be Captain Eat the Crow! :thumbup:

Lang, Schneider and Bertuzzi really did badly after leaving the Wings. People forget about them when they complain about this sort of thing. If Lebda does badly, people will forget about his case and still go on the same self-pity trip (i.e. "IT HAPPENS EVERY TIME!!!!") the next time a player does leave and do better with another team.

#189 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:45 AM

I cant stop laughing at this contract :hehe:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#190 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:29 AM

Lang, Schneider and Bertuzzi really did badly after leaving the Wings. People forget about them when they complain about this sort of thing. If Lebda does badly, people will forget about his case and still go on the same self-pity trip (i.e. "IT HAPPENS EVERY TIME!!!!") the next time a player does leave and do better with another team.

Lang was on the downhill with the Wings. 62pts his first full season then 52pts his second...he hit 54pts when he left.

#191 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:52 AM

For old times sake -

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#192 jmad

jmad

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:15 AM

I grew up pretty close to Lebdas home town. We used to rent that ice in the video all the time. When they won the cup he brought it to a small bar 5 minutes away from my parents house. I didn't find out about it until later. I was hoping he'd win another cup in Detroit so I could be there the 2nd time. Too bad he wasn't good enough to stick around!

#193 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:42 PM

Brett Lebda: "This is the No. 1 hockey market in the world, everyone knows that. It's even a way step up from Detroit from what I can tell."

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#194 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:51 PM

Brett Lebda: "This is the No. 1 hockey market in the world, everyone knows that. It's even a way step up from Detroit from what I can tell."

He's obviously referring to the WAY heavier media coverage. Hope he enjoys the microscope.

#195 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:14 PM

He's obviously referring to the WAY heavier media coverage. Hope he enjoys the microscope.

Not only that, but he is right Toronto is the #1 hockey market in the world.

From youth hockey upwards.

Posted Image

#196 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:43 PM

Lebda's obviously smart enough to know what keeps most Leafs fans going. They accept that their team sucks but they comfort themselves by saying at least they're the mecca of hockey.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#197 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:50 PM

Can't say I disagree with him. Playing for the Leafs is the equivalent of playing for the Yankees. They're gonna eat him alive there.
"Scotty hated the world and treated everybody the same, from me to Steve Yzerman,'' Legace said. ''Scotty would rip anybody, and had the personality of ant."

#198 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:52 PM

Can't say I disagree with him. Playing for the Leafs is the equivalent of playing for the Yankees. They're gonna eat him alive there.

I don't think it will be too bad because I don't think he's going to play very much.

#199 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:46 PM

I don't think it will be too bad because I don't think he's going to play very much.

Zinger.

#200 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:42 PM

Brett Lebda's gonna beat the crap out of every single one of you for pointing and laughing at him. You'll see...
:ph34r: