• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jasper84

Brett Lebda signs with Toronto

Rate this topic

Wow. Can't believe any team out there is willing to give Lebda this kind of money. I've actually liked alot of Burke's signings. But this one is beyond laughable. Lebda is a bum. Maple Leaf fans will find that out real quick. Only thing going for Lebda at this point is his speed. He can still burn. But he's a joke defensively, and his offense has fallen off the map for years now.

thats where he belongs :)

ah who we gonna rag on every game now dammit

take it easy lebda hope the rest of your career is good.

Now you know we still have Ericsson right? Oh! and of course no one has forgotten about Todd "Big Bad" Bertuzzi.

Brett was the best there is, the best there was........Oh wait nevermind, we're talking about Lebda. :D

Holland's last words were, "Brett screwed Brett" :lol:

Brett Lebda wishes he could get away with wearing pink... pssh.

Whats even crazier than this signing, is the reception Lebda's already getting from Leaf fans over at TSN. They are basically praising him and acting like he's a top 4 defenseman. Clearly they haven't been watching the Wings lately. They're gonna be one disappointed group. Lebda isn't even a good 5-6 d-man. Let alone top 4.

Edited by TheDetroitRedWings

thats where he belongs :)

ah who we gonna rag on every game now dammit

take it easy lebda hope the rest of your career is good.

There's still Bertuzzi. And to some extent, Homer. Filppula. Hudler. The usual.

Holland's last words were, "Brett screwed Brett" :lol:

What's that from?

Whats even crazier than this signing, is the reception Lebda's already getting from Leaf fans over at TSN. They are basically praising him and acting like he's a top 4 defenseman. Clearly they haven't been watching the Wings lately. They're gonna be one disappointed group. Lebda isn't even a good 5-6 d-man. Let alone top 4.

Well it's obvious we won't miss him at all. I can't believe he get such a salary. And especially from Brian Burke of all people. Is Burke serious? Whatever happened to getting a bunch of 6-3 punishing North American specimens?

Well it's obvious we won't miss him at all. I can't believe he get such a salary. And especially from Brian Burke of all people. Is Burke serious? Whatever happened to getting a bunch of 6-3 punishing North American specimens?

Decided to take a 5-9 North American and then shove an almost more than ridonculous Brian Ginger Campbell salary his way. I mean.... wow lol. Its fun to watch other teams around self-destruct with overweight salaries like this.

EDIT: 5'9"

Edited by HankthaTank

Pierre LeBrun is reporting it to be $2.90M over 2 years. $1.45 M/year.

You have got to be kidding me. There's no way a team is dumb enough to pay Lebda anything over the league minimum, knowing what we know about him now. The Leafs continue to cement themselves to the league basement.

I half expect Lebda to suddenly become a top pairing defenseman. That seems to be the luck we've had with losing players for nothing.

Edited by VM1138

There's still Bertuzzi. And to some extent, Homer. Filppula. Hudler. The usual.

What's that from?

It's what Vince McMahon always says about Bret Hart, when it comes to that Montreal Screwjob, when he left the WWE.

It's applicable to this situation, somewhat.

Edited by GMRwings1983

It's what Vince McMahon always says about Bret Hart, when it comes to that Montreal Screwjob, when he left the WWE.

It's applicable to this situation, somewhat.

I thought Holland really said that at one point. I didn't catch your facetiousness in that post. My baddd.