338 replies to this topic

#141 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:25 PM

Is that bottom one Quincey???
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#142 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:26 PM

Haha... He's such a ******. I'm referring to all my memories of Lebda combined, including that one time HNIC highlighted Ozzie yelling at him for not playing all that smart.

#143 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:28 PM

Is that bottom one Quincey???

yeah i think so but the second one is leb-duhhhh dropping the cup

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#144 Sprsquirt7

Sprsquirt7

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:35 PM

Yea that was an exaggeration about the interview. It sounded like a typical interview for a guy who was cast off from his previous organization. No one in their right mind would come out and say "Yea I wasn't good enough back there so I came here where I can crack the top 6." I thought it was a fine interview and wish him the best on a rebuilding team.

#145 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:55 PM

You have got to be kidding me. There's no way a team is dumb enough to pay Lebda anything over the league minimum, knowing what we know about him now. The Leafs continue to cement themselves to the league basement.

I half expect Lebda to suddenly become a top pairing defenseman. That seems to be the luck we've had with losing players for nothing.

Yeah, absolutely. Like Schneider. And Bertuzzi the first time. They did great when they left the team.

How quickly people forget such things when they simply like to complain.

#146 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:01 PM

You know, he could very well get some good press in Toronto. In Detroit, we're so spoiled we rip on the greatest defensemen (Rafalski, even Lidstrom from time to time), but on another team where there really isn't a "complete" player of any caliber, they could very well overlook his glaring mistakes and appreciate his speed. He DID do well that time he was the only NHL defenseman left uninjured on the team for a week or so, but he can't achieve that level again for any length of time. There's no way a player gets worse with less playing time.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#147 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:29 AM

Haha... He's such a ******. I'm referring to all my memories of Lebda combined, including that one time HNIC highlighted Ozzie yelling at him for not playing all that smart.

Clip? I'd love to see that.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#148 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:33 AM

Clip? I'd love to see that.

I did a quick search and couldn't find it but I'll definitely keep looking. It was during the 2009 run and the Wings were in a game against Anaheim.

EDIT: Oh mannn... No wonder. YT took it down. But here's a writing about it by George Malik so that at least people know I'm not making this up: http://blog.mlive.co...ost_don_ch.html

I just remember the look on Ozzie's face in that clip as he talked with Lebda. It was like, "What the hell was that?" Kind of like the few times where Stuart and Lebda were stuck on the ice together this past season. The other team would score a goal and Stuart would have a look on his face like, "What the hell are you doing here?" because Bart was so out of position.

Edited by titanium2, 09 July 2010 - 01:38 AM.

#149 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:40 AM

You know, he could very well get some good press in Toronto. In Detroit, we're so spoiled we rip on the greatest defensemen (Rafalski, even Lidstrom from time to time), but on another team where there really isn't a "complete" player of any caliber, they could very well overlook his glaring mistakes and appreciate his speed. He DID do well that time he was the only NHL defenseman left uninjured on the team for a week or so, but he can't achieve that level again for any length of time. There's no way a player gets worse with less playing time.

Please. Rafalski is not great. The people who rip on Rafalski, including myself, have every right too.

I have my doubts he will get more ice time if there are no injuries, especially if Kaberle stays. I never thought he was too bad for an almost league minimum defenceman. He makes as many mistakes as Rafi for like $5.4? less money.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#150 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:45 AM

I did a quick search and couldn't find it but I'll definitely keep looking. It was during the 2009 run and the Wings were in a game against Anaheim.

EDIT: Oh mannn... No wonder. YT took it down. But here's a writing about it by George Malik so that at least people know I'm not making this up: http://blog.mlive.co...ost_don_ch.html

I just remember the look on Ozzie's face in that clip as he talked with Lebda. It was like, "What the hell was that?" Kind of like the few times where Stuart and Lebda were stuck on the ice together this past season. The other team would score a goal and Stuart would have a look on his face like, "What the hell are you doing here?" because Bart was so out of position.

:thumbup: :lol:

Well now we can look forward to Giggy yelling at him in French.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#151 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:49 AM

well we can all sleep at night knowing that the stanley cup will never, ever be dented again..
Posted Image

#152 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:52 AM

Zing.

#153 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:57 AM

I am just SO elated to never have to see that complete waste of a roster spot in the Winged Wheel again...

It was an insult to the great Yuri Butsayev that he was allowed to sully the number 22!

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#154 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:07 AM

Last season was just brutal for him. Maybe he'll turn things around a bit on a team with not so high expectations and more playing time.

#155 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:11 AM

Last season was just brutal for him. Maybe he'll turn things around a bit on a team with not so high expectations and more playing time.

doubtful - he won't have as defensively responsible teammates to pick him up - watch for a career low +/- for him this upcoming year

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#156 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:12 AM

That's certainly also a possibility. Either way, at least he's left the Wings now.

#157 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,505 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:36 AM

Wow - 8 pages of bashing for Brett Lebda leaving.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#158 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:06 AM

Wow - 8 pages of bashing for Brett Lebda leaving.

For me it's not so much about bashing Lebda, but the disbelief that Toronto would give him a 600k raise.

I was never a Lebda fan, but now our bottom pairing is an even bigger unknown.

#159 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:11 AM

For me it's not so much about bashing Lebda, but the disbelief that Toronto would give him a 600k raise.

It should be Meech or Kindl with Stuart. Doubt it will be though.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#160 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,505 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:12 AM

Pretty much how I feel.

Yeah he was nothing special, but a respectable 5/6 Dman...I'm surprised as well with the gracious raise from Burke, but maybe he sees Lebda as another Ian White in the making?

Either way I hope the best for the guy, and hopefully Holland will make a UFA signing to bolster our D.

'Evolution' created by Offsides