• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Superman54

Tired of the Hawks?

Rate this topic

Guest ChicagoMan

Like I said before, Chicago won the Cup, but they didn't beat us to get it.

esteef

That reasoning is stupid. So you guys weren't that great and lost, but since Chicago didn't beat Detroit it doesn't count or worth as much. That logic is stupid. You want to beat the best to win it all and that is what Chicago did.

You want to beat the best to win it all and that is what Chicago did.

You didn't beat the defending champ or the defending Western Conference champ. You beat a 7 seed in the East, who wouldn't have made the playoffs in the West. Not taking anything from you- you still did it, and we clearly did not, but us not feeling defeated and sullen because we didn't lose to you is sorta a sad projection of whatever angst you feel over us. Why do you even care how we feel? Seriously.

Like I said before, Chicago won the Cup, but they didn't beat us to get it.

esteef

Not to bring another sport into this thread but....

If the Red Sox did not beat the Yankees to win the World Series it would not have been nearly as sweet, that wasn't just the icing on the cake though.

To a lot of Sox fans, myself included, not beating the Yankees to get there would have actually cheapened the Championship.

Sure it would have been nice to win after 86 years, but not beating the Yankees to do it makes it tough to swallow, as all you would hear from Yanks fans is "Well yeah you could win it in a year you didn't have to face the Yankees."

Just saying!

That reasoning is stupid. So you guys weren't that great and lost, but since Chicago didn't beat Detroit it doesn't count or worth as much. That logic is stupid. You want to beat the best to win it all and that is what Chicago did.

It's not reasoning and it's not logic. It's simply an observation of fact. Chicago won the Stanley Cup by way of Vancouver and San Jose, not thru Detroit.

That's all he's saying. Why are you so sensitive to it?

And too bad all the Chicago fans are back to watching baseball like usual so you have no one to talk hockey with except the real hockey fans of the Detroit Red Wings.

Its kinda off topic but I work downtown detroit with 2 guys that are from chicago and are big blackhawk fans. Neither one of them wanted to play the wings in the first round.

Edited by RememberStevieY

Where's the shorthanded shift?? I was there and that was one of the better displays on a PK I have seen. Also Hank's in 08 against the Pens. :thumbup:

Don't forget Maltby's against St. Louis in '02.

It is stupid reasoning. The team that wins the Cup doesn't get to choose the path it takes. The Wings have had some hard routes through to their Cups and some easier ones. It is one part talent, one part luck, and one part health.

Lmao! I have never seen such an insecure fan base. I almost feel sorry for you guys.

No... I'm not tired of the watching the upheaval that is the Chicago off-season. It's hilarious.

Edited by Broken 16

No, I'm not tired of the Hawks. They deserve their time, just like we've had four times since '97.

I grew up in Chicago, so most of my friends have been texting me (knowing I'm a huge Wings fan) and stuff. I just remember who's texting me and how often and I'll text them just as much when we win our next Cup.

Some of my friends have been gracious about their win; they tend to be the real hockey fans, not the retarded bandwagon Hawks fans.