• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Superman54

Tired of the Hawks?

Rate this topic

So they are that .000001 % of the fan base then.

Literally the exact same thing could be said for any team that's had success in the past 5-10 years in the NHL, including the Wings.

I know far more retarded Wings fans (including people on this very forum and IRL) than I know logical/smart Wings fans.

HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

something hawks can't take from us..... and our numerous cups.

Just for the bloody hell of it, I would like to point out that the Conference clinching goal was scored with an assist from no other than a certain guy named Lebda...you know, the loser that can't play hockey and is now Toronto's problem? The guy that stepped in during the 2009 playoffs when our defense was depleted by injuries and just played basic hockey and helped the team make the Finals? You know, that chump....just sayin...

Just for the bloody hell of it, I would like to point out that the Conference clinching goal was scored with an assist from no other than a certain guy named Lebda...you know, the loser that can't play hockey and is now Toronto's problem? The guy that stepped in during the 2009 playoffs when our defense was depleted by injuries and just played basic hockey and helped the team make the Finals? You know, that chump....just sayin...

One good decision doesn't erase fifty bad ones.

Literally the exact same thing could be said for any team that's had success in the past 5-10 years in the NHL, including the Wings.

I know far more retarded Wings fans (including people on this very forum and IRL) than I know logical/smart Wings fans.

There are a lot of people here who don't want to be reminded of that. As to your second point, I don't know as many Wings fans IRL as I do here on the forums, but for me it's about 50-50. What's interesting to me is that the majority of the logical/smart Wings fans that I know, either on this board or IRL, either aren't from Detroit or don't live there anymore.

There are a lot of people here who don't want to be reminded of that. As to your second point, I don't know as many Wings fans IRL as I do here on the forums, but for me it's about 50-50. What's interesting to me is that the majority of the logical/smart Wings fans that I know, either on this board or IRL, either aren't from Detroit or don't live there anymore.

Implying the smart ones left? Passive aggression FTW.

Implying the smart ones left? Passive aggression FTW.

Not at all. You're inferring what I did not imply. There's more than a few really smart, level-headed Wings fans here I enjoy talking to who are from Detroit and still live there or aren't from Detroit and live there now.

It would behoove you to not try and pull something out of thin air to start some kind of argument because it's really quite silly. And you should feel silly.

Not at all. You're inferring what I did not imply. There's more than a few really smart, level-headed Wings fans here I enjoy talking to who are from Detroit and still live there or aren't from Detroit and live there now.

It would behoove you to not try and pull something out of thin air to start some kind of argument because it's really quite silly. And you should feel silly.

mmmmmhmmmmm

Don't forget Maltby's against St. Louis in '02.

Was that when he had a broken stick and blocked like 3 shots point blank with his chest? I'm pretty sure we're thinking the same kill here but I'm foggy on it.

Guest Crymson

That reasoning is stupid. So you guys weren't that great and lost, but since Chicago didn't beat Detroit it doesn't count or worth as much. That logic is stupid. You want to beat the best to win it all and that is what Chicago did.

Who are you? I don't remember you. Are you a real person?

I miss Samuelsson. The guy was clutch.

He was also the whipping-boy for these forums for years. I never understood it. It was probably a symptom of having too many spoiled, perfectionist fans.

I've got to disagree with you there. The amount of bandwagoning in Chicago during the playoffs reached heights I've rarely seen for any team, in any sport. As an example, a few family members of mine who know absolutely nothing about hockey suddenly became very into the Blackhawks. I doubt any of them would have been able to name more than four or five players on the team. The difference between Chicago and Detroit is that Red Wings fans are used to success. They don't need to jump on any bandwagon when the Wings get deep into the playoffs; they've been on board for the team for a long while. The Hawks went from sucking to being good, and suddenly they had millions of new fans.

He was also the whipping-boy for these forums for years. I never understood it. It was probably a symptom of having too many spoiled, perfectionist fans.

Probably because most of his flaws were easily fixable but he never got fixed. Like his defensive game and his penchant for diving, embellishing, and fighting with gloves on.

Got pretty annoying, but I still loved him on this team.

AIR GUITAR TIME!!!

wings_sm_82892.jpg

This one gives me chills, i just remember watching this with all of my buddies and giving high fives all around and jumping up and down and screaming. I hope this is a preview of next year!!!

Yes sir, one of my all-time favorite playoff OT goals. I remember I was out that night, and I got home just in time to see the goal. When Sammy scored let out one of the loudest cheers I ever have in my life! I started laughing wondering what my neighbors were thinking when they heard me yell.

Edited by Barrie

I've got to disagree with you there. The amount of bandwagoning in Chicago during the playoffs reached heights I've rarely seen for any team, in any sport. As an example, a few family members of mine who know absolutely nothing about hockey suddenly became very into the Blackhawks. I doubt any of them would have been able to name more than four or five players on the team. The difference between Chicago and Detroit is that Red Wings fans are used to success. They don't need to jump on any bandwagon when the Wings get deep into the playoffs; they've been on board for the team for a long while. The Hawks went from sucking to being good, and suddenly they had millions of new fans.

So basically you're saying that Chicago and Detroit are different because the Wings got bandwagon fans in 97/98 and the Hawks got them in 09/10?

Good argument.

I know far more Wings fans from outside of Detroit, and I'd have to say that that holds true. It's probably due to having to actually search for info on the Wings, rather than just being able to hear about it on the evening news.

Edited by Theophany