• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:14 PM

Don't forget Maltby's against St. Louis in '02.

:thumbup: Touchè
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#22 HockeyTownHouligan

HockeyTownHouligan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:12 PM

This one gives me chills, i just remember watching this with all of my buddies and giving high fives all around and jumping up and down and screaming. I hope this is a preview of next year!!!

#23 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:41 PM

That reasoning is stupid. So you guys weren't that great and lost, but since Chicago didn't beat Detroit it doesn't count or worth as much. That logic is stupid. You want to beat the best to win it all and that is what Chicago did.

Lmao! I have never seen such an insecure fan base. I almost feel sorry for you guys.

No... I'm not tired of the watching the upheaval that is the Chicago off-season. It's hilarious.

Edited by Broken 16, 08 July 2010 - 04:44 PM.

#24 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:58 PM

No, I'm not tired of the Hawks. They deserve their time, just like we've had four times since '97.

I grew up in Chicago, so most of my friends have been texting me (knowing I'm a huge Wings fan) and stuff. I just remember who's texting me and how often and I'll text them just as much when we win our next Cup.

Some of my friends have been gracious about their win; they tend to be the real hockey fans, not the retarded bandwagon Hawks fans.

#25 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:37 PM

they tend to be the real hockey fans, not the retarded bandwagon Hawks fans.

So they are that .000001 % of the fan base then.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#26 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:08 PM

So they are that .000001 % of the fan base then.

Literally the exact same thing could be said for any team that's had success in the past 5-10 years in the NHL, including the Wings.

I know far more retarded Wings fans (including people on this very forum and IRL) than I know logical/smart Wings fans.

#27 kmac

kmac

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:04 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxdjST8sbaw&feature=related

HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

something hawks can't take from us..... and our numerous cups.

Just for the bloody hell of it, I would like to point out that the Conference clinching goal was scored with an assist from no other than a certain guy named Lebda...you know, the loser that can't play hockey and is now Toronto's problem? The guy that stepped in during the 2009 playoffs when our defense was depleted by injuries and just played basic hockey and helped the team make the Finals? You know, that chump....just sayin...

#28 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:16 PM

Just for the bloody hell of it, I would like to point out that the Conference clinching goal was scored with an assist from no other than a certain guy named Lebda...you know, the loser that can't play hockey and is now Toronto's problem? The guy that stepped in during the 2009 playoffs when our defense was depleted by injuries and just played basic hockey and helped the team make the Finals? You know, that chump....just sayin...

One good decision doesn't erase fifty bad ones.

#29 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:23 PM

Literally the exact same thing could be said for any team that's had success in the past 5-10 years in the NHL, including the Wings.

I know far more retarded Wings fans (including people on this very forum and IRL) than I know logical/smart Wings fans.

There are a lot of people here who don't want to be reminded of that. As to your second point, I don't know as many Wings fans IRL as I do here on the forums, but for me it's about 50-50. What's interesting to me is that the majority of the logical/smart Wings fans that I know, either on this board or IRL, either aren't from Detroit or don't live there anymore.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#30 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:25 PM

There are a lot of people here who don't want to be reminded of that. As to your second point, I don't know as many Wings fans IRL as I do here on the forums, but for me it's about 50-50. What's interesting to me is that the majority of the logical/smart Wings fans that I know, either on this board or IRL, either aren't from Detroit or don't live there anymore.

Implying the smart ones left? Passive aggression FTW.

#31 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:32 PM

Implying the smart ones left? Passive aggression FTW.

Not at all. You're inferring what I did not imply. There's more than a few really smart, level-headed Wings fans here I enjoy talking to who are from Detroit and still live there or aren't from Detroit and live there now.

It would behoove you to not try and pull something out of thin air to start some kind of argument because it's really quite silly. And you should feel silly.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#32 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:41 PM

I miss Samuelsson. The guy was clutch.

Posted Image

#33 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:00 PM

Not at all. You're inferring what I did not imply. There's more than a few really smart, level-headed Wings fans here I enjoy talking to who are from Detroit and still live there or aren't from Detroit and live there now.

It would behoove you to not try and pull something out of thin air to start some kind of argument because it's really quite silly. And you should feel silly.

mmmmmhmmmmm

#34 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:15 PM

Well, if you want to continue looking silly, who am I to stop you. :cool:

#35 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:25 PM

Well, if you want to continue looking silly, who am I to stop you. :cool:

Hopefully you'll just camouflage it better next time. ;)

#36 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:25 PM

Don't forget Maltby's against St. Louis in '02.

Was that when he had a broken stick and blocked like 3 shots point blank with his chest? I'm pretty sure we're thinking the same kill here but I'm foggy on it.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#37 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:15 PM

Was that when he had a broken stick and blocked like 3 shots point blank with his chest? I'm pretty sure we're thinking the same kill here but I'm foggy on it.

Basically, yeah.

#38 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:25 PM

Me too, I'm hoping Modano will be that guy.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#39 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:55 PM

That reasoning is stupid. So you guys weren't that great and lost, but since Chicago didn't beat Detroit it doesn't count or worth as much. That logic is stupid. You want to beat the best to win it all and that is what Chicago did.

Who are you? I don't remember you. Are you a real person?

He was also the whipping-boy for these forums for years. I never understood it. It was probably a symptom of having too many spoiled, perfectionist fans.

I've got to disagree with you there. The amount of bandwagoning in Chicago during the playoffs reached heights I've rarely seen for any team, in any sport. As an example, a few family members of mine who know absolutely nothing about hockey suddenly became very into the Blackhawks. I doubt any of them would have been able to name more than four or five players on the team. The difference between Chicago and Detroit is that Red Wings fans are used to success. They don't need to jump on any bandwagon when the Wings get deep into the playoffs; they've been on board for the team for a long while. The Hawks went from sucking to being good, and suddenly they had millions of new fans.

#40 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:57 PM

He was also the whipping-boy for these forums for years. I never understood it. It was probably a symptom of having too many spoiled, perfectionist fans.

Probably because most of his flaws were easily fixable but he never got fixed. Like his defensive game and his penchant for diving, embellishing, and fighting with gloves on.

Got pretty annoying, but I still loved him on this team.

AIR GUITAR TIME!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image