• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ben_usmc

Jard Boll

Rate this topic

He got his ass owned by Lilja a few years ago.

Still, I wouldn't mind having him around, even if it is a downgrade from our fighters in past years.

I wouldn't say he was owned by Lilja, but yeah I agree he's no Downey but some what like May (at least with his time here)

Edited by ben_usmc

He got his ass owned by Lilja a few years ago.

Still, I wouldn't mind having him around, even if it is a downgrade from our fighters in past years.

I can never tell if you're joking when it comes to Lillypads and fighting, because you seem reasonable about fights otherwise.

Lilja has never owned anyone. He got in a good punch against Boll and then took him down. As I've said before, I give Lilja major props for basically learning to fight at the top level of the sport. But he certainly wasn't tremendous at it.

This kid played for the Whalers in Plymouth a few years ago... for a tough guy, this kid has got some good hands... so long as he has been playing for Columbus, I'm glad he hasn't used them for anything but fighting... he would be a solid addition to any team, physical and with some offensive upside that would become even more apparent with better linemates on a fourth line like Detroit's.

I can never tell if you're joking when it comes to Lillypads and fighting, because you seem reasonable about fights otherwise.

Lilja has never owned anyone. He got in a good punch against Boll and then took him down. As I've said before, I give Lilja major props for basically learning to fight at the top level of the sport. But he certainly wasn't tremendous at it.

He didn't look great. But he did win the fight. I'll give him that. Not saying I still want him in Detroit. But at least he had the balls to drop the gloves every now and then.

Lilja can own whomever he wants.

If he wanted to, he could come to your house and own you. :P Look what happened to this poor europuss who dared challenge him.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Any chance in hell we sign him, he's been a favorite of mine since he 1st primer on the Jackets, plus he is more then just a goon.

I fear how much Boll gets after what Boogard got..

Lilja can own whomever he wants.

If he wanted to, he could come to your house and own you. :P Look what happened to this poor europuss who dared challenge him.

Dude, Lilja didn't even own the "europuss." He won the fight. But he definitely didn't own him. I respect Lilja for the fact that he drops the gloves now and then. But lets not kid ourselves and act like he's a great fighter by any means.

Dude, Lilja didn't even own the "europuss." He won the fight. But he definitely didn't own him. I respect Lilja for the fact that he drops the gloves now and then. But lets not kid ourselves and act like he's a great fighter by any means.

Hey, all I see is him winning most of his fights here. If his opponents couldn't put on a good fight for you, that means he did pretty well against them.

Back to Boll. I thought we were going after a grinder like Holland said, but this whole Modano thing seems to have detracted Holland from that goal.

I'm hoping for Miller and Ritola for Boll.Might as well order your Modano jerseys now.

If we're giving up Ritola as well, we better get a LOT more than just Boll in return... Miller for Boll straight up would be an even trade...

Lets not overvalue Boll just because he'll drop the mitts, he'd be a nice addition here, but Ritola has a LOT of potential and shouldn't be written off as just being an extra piece, also keep in mind that he is only 23 and will only get better...

Miller for Boll is fair,but if we sign Modano were gonna have to drop an extra forward.Maybe Miller and Ritola for Boll and a 6th defenseman,maybe Marc Methot?

It wouldn't even have to be a package deal... if we signed Modano, I wouldn't mind seeing something like:

- Drew Miller to CBJ for Jared Boll

- Derek Meech and Mattias Ritola to Boston for Mark Stuart (also gives Boston some MUCH needed cap relief and fills out roster spots on the cheap)

- Mike Modano signed via FA

(lines arbitrary for formatting reasons)

Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.938m) / Mike Modano ($1.000m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Justin Abdelkader ($1.000m) / Darren Helm ($1.000m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.750m)

Jared Boll ($0.850m)

Kris Draper ($1.583m)

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Mark Stuart ($1.675m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

Jimmy Howard ($0.717m) / Chris Osgood ($1.417m)

ROSTER: 22; CAP:$59.4m; CARRY-OVER PENALTY: $0.050m;

PAYROLL: $58.975m; CAP ROOM: $0.300m; BONUSES: $0.000m

WITH THAT SAID - I'd rather us take a flier on Modano and let the kids play, maybe letting Miller go to add some nastiness, but otherwise, standing pat... at the same token, I wouldn't hate Modano coming here.

Edited by stevkrause

Justin Abdelkader ($1.000m) / Darren Helm ($1.000m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.750m)

The thing with Abby is he needs to learn that wing spot a bit better for him to crack the lineup. He is a much better center than people realize and putting him on the left side he decreases in productivity and where he is most comfortable.

As I have stated- Bowling Ball-Apple Fritter-Patty Sunshine would be a nice one but that puts Helm out of the loop and I just simply would never accept that. So when Modo comes here we just have to make it work for those respective lines. Abby could be in GR a little more than my liking this year.

Hey, all I see is him winning most of his fights here. If his opponents couldn't put on a good fight for you, that means he did pretty well against them.

Back to Boll. I thought we were going after a grinder like Holland said, but this whole Modano thing seems to have detracted Holland from that goal.

You gotta give up on the Lilja being tough thing lol. He will never fight again since his brain got scrambled because he can't defend himself. Seriously he'll man up and drop em but he gardly even throws punches.

Guest Crymson

Miller for Boll is fair,but if we sign Modano were gonna have to drop an extra forward.Maybe Miller and Ritola for Boll and a 6th defenseman,maybe Marc Methot?

Ritola is on a two-way contract next season.

Ritola is on a two-way contract next season.

He'd still have to clear waivers.

Maybe he'd clear, but really, it's time to start using some of our younger players. His time in the minors should be done. Unless of course, he can't cut it in the NHL.