Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:28 AM

atleast according to TSN

#2 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,872 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:42 AM

Followed by Crosby, Zetterberg, and "you're not good enough for the Olympics/ former LGW whipping boy" Samuelsson.

Love it.

Note: Minimum of 12 games, so Lang doesn't qualify.

Other Wings on the list:

#3 Hank
#8 Lids
#9 Raffi
#14 Pavel
36 Tuzzi

Edited by 55fan, 08 July 2010 - 07:44 AM.

#3 zombi

zombi

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:52 AM

f*** yeah Franzen!

Posted Image

#4 Zohan Franzen

Zohan Franzen

Rookie

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:25 AM

Seems like the guy is just born for playoff-hockey

#5 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:42 AM

He got a lot of flack on these boards for his performance in the playoffs other than that one 4 goal game.

#6 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:05 AM

He got a lot of flack on these boards for his performance in the playoffs other than that one 4 goal game.

I think the one big game has exaggerated how effective he was in the playoffs night-in and night-out by a little. But on the other hand, in restrospect, I was one of those guys giving him undue flack for his game this postseason. While his goals were down he and Pavel were hooking up for a lot of great plays. Normally Pavel is the playmaker and Mule is the finisher, and for whatever reason that was reversed in the playoffs and my brain didn't like that.

Outside of the monster game he had a point every night, finished PPG, which isn't out of the ordinary for him considering that's about where he was at the last two playoff runs.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#7 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:33 AM

I think the one big game has exaggerated how effective he was in the playoffs night-in and night-out by a little. But on the other hand, in restrospect, I was one of those guys giving him undue flack for his game this postseason. While his goals were down he and Pavel were hooking up for a lot of great plays. Normally Pavel is the playmaker and Mule is the finisher, and for whatever reason that was reversed in the playoffs and my brain didn't like that.

Outside of the monster game he had a point every night, finished PPG, which isn't out of the ordinary for him considering that's about where he was at the last two playoff runs.

Too many people put too much stock in goals. Yes, they are important (have to have them to win), but someone has to set up the guy to score. It is always nice to be balanced, but some guys are better at passing than shooting.

#8 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:48 AM

Too many people put too much stock in goals. Yes, they are important (have to have them to win), but someone has to set up the guy to score. It is always nice to be balanced, but some guys are better at passing than shooting.

I'm with you. Any play that helps create a goal, even stuff that doesn't end up on the scoresheet -- like a breakout pass up ice or steal in the neutral zone that leads to a rush, a screen or even a pick that creates an opening for a goal -- is good enough for me.

Except when it isn't. But hey, no one's perfect. :P
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#9 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:02 AM

And I think he was noticeably struggling with his injury.
His name belongs right there with Ovechkin, Crosby and Zetterberg in terms of playoff monsters the past few years.

Now if only we could get a full season out of him!
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#10 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:38 AM

His name belongs right there with Ovechkin, Crosby and Zetterberg in terms of playoff monsters the past few years.

Now if only we could get a full season out of him!

Just don't let him play Chicago in October.

#11 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:20 AM

My name is Johan Franzen and I am massively underrated.

#12 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:58 AM

In retrospect, I'm really happy my wife thought Franzen was my favorite player and bought me his jersey when really, Zetts was my favorite.

#13 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:10 PM

and GetFlaf too!

works every time

#14 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:41 PM

Yeah, I gotta say, I was one of the ones who was a little worried at first, but he definitely put in the effort and made a difference once he got going. And then there was that hat trick... Yeah, I'm pretty darn content with that.

and GetFlaf too!

Heh, every time I see that post title I crack up... I don't know what getting flaffed is, but I'm not really sure I want to find out. Especially since Ryan is involved...dude can't even have a conversation about his stick and keep a straight face. ;)

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#15 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:48 PM

:thumbup: Well, duh... Same thing every single year with this guy. Mule knows playoffs.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#16 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:12 PM

Before he got his 4 goal game, he only had 2 goals in 10 games. That's not good enough for Mule, but I'm sure it was only because of his injury. He'll be back next year, hopefully with 40 goals.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#17 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:16 PM

He'll be back next year, hopefully with 40 goals.

Please and thank you. I was an idiot and predicted that after the Finals in 09 and then s***cago came to town....

So no more predictions from me just hope this can happen.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#18 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:19 PM

While his goal total was down (other than the 4 goal game) his assist total was right up there.

Mule is a point eater in the post season, he just always seems to find a way to be on the score sheet!

Some one needs to make a "Captain Caveman" type photoshop but it can read "Captain Playoff" and the club coudl be a hockey stick!
LOL

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#19 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:27 PM

Before he got his 4 goal game, he only had 2 goals in 10 games. That's not good enough for Mule, but I'm sure it was only because of his injury. He'll be back next year, hopefully with 40 goals.

While his goal total was down (other than the 4 goal game) his assist total was right up there.

Mule is a point eater in the post season, he just always seems to find a way to be on the score sheet!

Some one needs to make a "Captain Caveman" type photoshop but it can read "Captain Playoff" and the club coudl be a hockey stick!
LOL

My point exactly. He might not have been getting the goals, but he was still contributing with assists. That means someone was scoring. It doesn't matter who scores the goals, as long as they are scored.

Edited by CenterIce, 08 July 2010 - 02:28 PM.

#20 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:30 PM

You don't mess with the Johan.

I seem to remember Flip and Mule doing well in the playoffs a few years back. I think it was during the cup run when they had a Mule-Flip-Sammy line going. Hopefully those two can find some chemistry during the regular season and get the most out of each other.