• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Phazon

So Franzen was the best player in the playoffs

Rate this topic

Mule was pretty good, but not the best by far. It was only his preformance in the last 2 games that even moved him ahead of Filppula into 3rd best forward on the team IMO.

He had a third of his points in one game, and at least half the remaining points were less 'making plays' than 'touching the puck prior to Pavel making something happen'.

So we are assuming that if Franzen hadn't touched the puck, Datsyuk still would have got it and made something happen? Interesting logic.

Mule earned every point he got.

So we are assuming that if Franzen hadn't touched the puck, Datsyuk still would have got it and made something happen? Interesting logic.

Mule earned every point he got.

Depends on your definition of 'earned'.

Personally, I think the title of 'best player in the playoffs' requires a little more than one incredible game. He was good, but nothing special for the majority of his shifts. Pav and Hank both had more impact than he did, and Flip, Nick, Jimmy, and Stuie were all pretty close.

Depends on your definition of 'earned'.

Personally, I think the title of 'best player in the playoffs' requires a little more than one incredible game. He was good, but nothing special for the majority of his shifts. Pav and Hank both had more impact than he did, and Flip, Nick, Jimmy, and Stuie were all pretty close.

My definition of earned pretty much covers coming back from a very difficult injury just before the Olympics, getting himself into good enough game shape to rack up points in the playoffs and have a major impact. Not to mention taking over a game and exploding. Guy is playoff money. I wouldn't argue Datsyuk and Zetterberg over him, but the rest you listed are just silly.

My definition of earned pretty much covers coming back from a very difficult injury just before the Olympics, getting himself into good enough game shape to rack up points in the playoffs and have a major impact. Not to mention taking over a game and exploding. Guy is playoff money. I wouldn't argue Datsyuk and Zetterberg over him, but the rest you listed are just silly.

So you agree that Franzen was only the third best forward on our team and not the top player in the entire playoffs?

Though now after looking closer at that list, it's a fantasy ranking, not a 'best' list.

So you agree that Franzen was only the third best forward on our team and not the top player in the entire playoffs?

Though now after looking closer at that list, it's a fantasy ranking, not a 'best' list.

Ya, but I give Franzen the title because of the injury. I'm not sure if TSN took that onto account, but I do. Plus, I'm giving him bonus points because he has been a steady playoff performer.

Edited by Broken 16

His one game barrage sent his fantasy numbers up big whoop

Ya, but I give Franzen the title because of the injury. I'm not sure if TSN took that onto account, but I do. Plus, I'm giving him bonus points because he has been a steady playoff performer.

Its just fantasy points just like they do during the regular season

Edited by dragonballgtz

he is almost ppg in the play-offs. 69pts in 75 games. Is there player better than Franzen in the play-offs? Lemeaux? Gretzky? That is understandable.

1. Wayne Gretzky, 1.837

2. Mario Lemieux, 1.607

3. Barry Pederson, 1.529

4. Sidney Crosby, 1.323

5. Mark Messier, 1.250

6. Bobby Orr, 1.243

7. Mike Bossy, 1.240

8. Evgeni Malkin, 1.177

9. Jari Kurri, 1.165

10. Gilbert Perreault, 1.144

11. Peter Forsberg, 1.133

12. Peter Stastny, 1.129

Minimum 50 points

Here´s a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NHL_statistical_leaders

Edited by germanwing

I know he doesn't meet the criteria, but anyone else think Shane Doan was an animal against us. I was scared he was going to seriously injure a wing every single shift. He tagged Kronwall behind the net that one game and I was absolutely shocked. Then he got hurt and that team was never the same after he was done.

I wonder if he wouldn't have hurt his shoulder if Phoenix would've taken that series, he was their heart and soul and I was scared of the yotes at first.

1. Wayne Gretzky, 1.837

2. Mario Lemieux, 1.607

3. Barry Pederson, 1.529

4. Sidney Crosby, 1.323

5. Mark Messier, 1.250

6. Bobby Orr, 1.243

7. Mike Bossy, 1.240

8. Evgeni Malkin, 1.177

9. Jari Kurri, 1.165

12. Peter Stastny, 1.129

Minimum 50 points

Here´s a link:

Wow! So many guys playing with 6, 12, and 18 teams in this league! Wow, their statistics never dopped of a bit due to playing against only canadians in each and every ******* game. Oh well, It is not like 6 out of this list played 500 games together. Forsberg and Crosby come close to Franzen... and I do respect them.

Edited by RusDRW

1. Wayne Gretzky, 1.837

2. Mario Lemieux, 1.607

3. Barry Pederson, 1.529

4. Sidney Crosby, 1.323

5. Mark Messier, 1.250

6. Bobby Orr, 1.243

7. Mike Bossy, 1.240

8. Evgeni Malkin, 1.177

9. Jari Kurri, 1.165

12. Peter Stastny, 1.129

Minimum 50 points

Here´s a link:

Thanks for the link. Lots of interesting reading there.

The one that stuck out for me was +/- in the playoffs:

1. Nicklas Lidstrom, +53

2. Chris Chelios, +48

3. Chris Pronger, +43

Brian Rafalski, +43

5. Johan Franzen, +37

6. Henrik Zetterberg, +35

7. Tomas Holmstrom, +26

8. Daniel Cleary, +24

Chris Drury, +24

10. Mikael Samuelsson, +23

11. Sidney Crosby, +22

Pavel Datsyuk, +22

Niklas Kronwall, +22

Sean O'Donnell, +22

15. Jay McKee, +20

Lots of Wings on that list!

I know he doesn't meet the criteria, but anyone else think Shane Doan was an animal against us. I was scared he was going to seriously injure a wing every single shift. He tagged Kronwall behind the net that one game and I was absolutely shocked. Then he got hurt and that team was never the same after he was done.

I wonder if he wouldn't have hurt his shoulder if Phoenix would've taken that series, he was their heart and soul and I was scared of the yotes at first.

Running around like a chicken with its head cut off does not qualify as being a "beast".

Detroit lived and died on their special teams in every single game in the playoffs. They were not bested once at even strength.

Edited by Doc Holliday