• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:28 PM

My point exactly. He might not have been getting the goals, but he was still contributing with assists. That means someone was scoring. It doesn't matter who scores the goals, as long as they are scored.

and that they're not scored against us. :thumbup:

Also note - 4 Wings in the top 10? Just adds to the bitter taste of that SJ series.

#22 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:29 PM

17. Ville Leino

#23 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:39 PM

Suprised Dan O'halloran isn't in the top ten and listed under San Jose.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#24 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:51 PM

Mule was pretty good, but not the best by far. It was only his preformance in the last 2 games that even moved him ahead of Filppula into 3rd best forward on the team IMO.

He had a third of his points in one game, and at least half the remaining points were less 'making plays' than 'touching the puck prior to Pavel making something happen'.

#25 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:58 PM

Suprised Dan O'halloran isn't in the top ten and listed under San Jose.

Boom... Where was that pesky St. Louis Blue Halak rated?
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#26 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:09 PM

Mule was pretty good, but not the best by far. It was only his preformance in the last 2 games that even moved him ahead of Filppula into 3rd best forward on the team IMO.

He had a third of his points in one game, and at least half the remaining points were less 'making plays' than 'touching the puck prior to Pavel making something happen'.

So we are assuming that if Franzen hadn't touched the puck, Datsyuk still would have got it and made something happen? Interesting logic.

Mule earned every point he got.

#27 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:29 PM

So we are assuming that if Franzen hadn't touched the puck, Datsyuk still would have got it and made something happen? Interesting logic.

Mule earned every point he got.

Depends on your definition of 'earned'.

Personally, I think the title of 'best player in the playoffs' requires a little more than one incredible game. He was good, but nothing special for the majority of his shifts. Pav and Hank both had more impact than he did, and Flip, Nick, Jimmy, and Stuie were all pretty close.

#28 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:33 PM

27. Jaroslav Halak Montreal 79.00

:unsure: :blink:

#29 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:46 PM

Depends on your definition of 'earned'.

Personally, I think the title of 'best player in the playoffs' requires a little more than one incredible game. He was good, but nothing special for the majority of his shifts. Pav and Hank both had more impact than he did, and Flip, Nick, Jimmy, and Stuie were all pretty close.

My definition of earned pretty much covers coming back from a very difficult injury just before the Olympics, getting himself into good enough game shape to rack up points in the playoffs and have a major impact. Not to mention taking over a game and exploding. Guy is playoff money. I wouldn't argue Datsyuk and Zetterberg over him, but the rest you listed are just silly.

#30 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:10 PM

27. Jaroslav Halak Montreal 79.00

:unsure: :blink:

That just threw this list right out the window... NOOOO WAY
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#31 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:30 PM

My definition of earned pretty much covers coming back from a very difficult injury just before the Olympics, getting himself into good enough game shape to rack up points in the playoffs and have a major impact. Not to mention taking over a game and exploding. Guy is playoff money. I wouldn't argue Datsyuk and Zetterberg over him, but the rest you listed are just silly.

So you agree that Franzen was only the third best forward on our team and not the top player in the entire playoffs?

Though now after looking closer at that list, it's a fantasy ranking, not a 'best' list.

#32 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:36 PM

Where was Hossa btw?

Behind Franzen... That is for sure. :)
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#33 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:41 PM

So you agree that Franzen was only the third best forward on our team and not the top player in the entire playoffs?

Though now after looking closer at that list, it's a fantasy ranking, not a 'best' list.

Ya, but I give Franzen the title because of the injury. I'm not sure if TSN took that onto account, but I do. Plus, I'm giving him bonus points because he has been a steady playoff performer.

Edited by Broken 16, 08 July 2010 - 09:42 PM.

#34 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:50 PM

His one game barrage sent his fantasy numbers up big whoop

Ya, but I give Franzen the title because of the injury. I'm not sure if TSN took that onto account, but I do. Plus, I'm giving him bonus points because he has been a steady playoff performer.

Its just fantasy points just like they do during the regular season

Edited by dragonballgtz, 08 July 2010 - 09:53 PM.

#35 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:37 PM

mule had atleast one point in every playoff game. thats awesome if you ask me.

look at f***in leino almost up there with dats f***k

#36 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:33 PM

The guy is legendary in the post season. I don't know why but he turns into freaking Rocket Richard and dominates.

Love this guy on our team. Totally worth his contract.

Posted Image

#37 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:48 PM

he is almost ppg in the play-offs. 69pts in 75 games. Is there player better than Franzen in the play-offs? Lemeaux? Gretzky? That is understandable.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#38 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 577 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:55 PM

he is almost ppg in the play-offs. 69pts in 75 games. Is there player better than Franzen in the play-offs? Lemeaux? Gretzky? That is understandable.

1. Wayne Gretzky, 1.837
2. Mario Lemieux, 1.607
3. Barry Pederson, 1.529
4. Sidney Crosby, 1.323
5. Mark Messier, 1.250
6. Bobby Orr, 1.243
7. Mike Bossy, 1.240
8. Evgeni Malkin, 1.177
9. Jari Kurri, 1.165
10. Gilbert Perreault, 1.144
11. Peter Forsberg, 1.133
12. Peter Stastny, 1.129

Minimum 50 points

Here´s a link:
http://en.wikipedia....istical_leaders

Edited by germanwing, 10 July 2010 - 04:56 PM.

#39 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:30 PM

I know he doesn't meet the criteria, but anyone else think Shane Doan was an animal against us. I was scared he was going to seriously injure a wing every single shift. He tagged Kronwall behind the net that one game and I was absolutely shocked. Then he got hurt and that team was never the same after he was done.

I wonder if he wouldn't have hurt his shoulder if Phoenix would've taken that series, he was their heart and soul and I was scared of the yotes at first.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#40 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:44 PM

1. Wayne Gretzky, 1.837
2. Mario Lemieux, 1.607
3. Barry Pederson, 1.529
4. Sidney Crosby, 1.323
5. Mark Messier, 1.250
6. Bobby Orr, 1.243
7. Mike Bossy, 1.240
8. Evgeni Malkin, 1.177
9. Jari Kurri, 1.165
10. Gilbert Perreault, 1.144
11. Peter Forsberg, 1.133
12. Peter Stastny, 1.129

Minimum 50 points

Here´s a link:
http://en.wikipedia....istical_leaders

Wow! So many guys playing with 6, 12, and 18 teams in this league! Wow, their statistics never dopped of a bit due to playing against only canadians in each and everyf****** game. Oh well, It is not like 6 out of this list played 500 games together. Forsberg and Crosby come close to Franzen... and I do respect them.

Edited by RusDRW, 10 July 2010 - 05:44 PM.

Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah