• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings4Life19

Red Wings prospect camp

Rate this topic

Yeah, Malik seems impressed with Brendan Smith.

Brendan Smith looks very, very poised out there and says that he's definitely taking a leadership role to help the younger players along. He was deftly asked about his off-ice incidents and he stated that he hopes that joining the Red Wings provides him with a clean slate, and that the incidents had been addressed. On the ice, he's the most talented player out there, and off the ice, he's gregarious, outgoing and well-spoken.

Excited to see how good Smith plays this year.

smith says he wants to make the team out of camp

hollands response:

"I want to see where he's at," Holland said of Smith. "Do we go with kids or do we sign a veteran? If the right free agent comes along at the right price, well sign him. If not, I am comfortable going to training camp and letting these guys sort it out. If they aren't up to the challenge, we can always look to add a veteran in October or November But I am OK letting this play itself out over the summer and then again in October."

sounds like it could be possible if he has a strong camp and wow's the kenny and co.

Also mentioned abby will take modoano's role if he doesn't sign.

Guest mindfly

It seems like they are gonna give him an honest chance to crack the lineup, when was the last time a 21year old got a spot on the detroit blueline? maybe lidstrom?

It seems like they are gonna give him an honest chance to crack the lineup, when was the last time a 21year old got a spot on the detroit blueline? maybe lidstrom?

Probably. Or maybe Fischer. For forwards it's ZEEEEEEE.

Not sure when the season started back in 2002 but if it began before October 9th then Zetterberg was 21 to start his rookie season.

His birthday is Oct 9th, 1980, which means that on Oct 9th, 2002 he had to have turned 22.

Edited by titanium2

ZEEEEEEE

Not sure when the season started back in 2002 but if it began before October 9th then Zetterberg was 21 to start his rookie season.

His birthday is Oct 9th, 1980, which means that on Oct 9th, 2002 he had to have turned 22.

Zetterberg was going to start on the blue line???

Interesting photos from the Wings locker room stalls.

34456_407225269138_16313679138_4523711_4854989_n.jpg

34456_407225274138_16313679138_4523712_4548738_n.jpg

34136_407227259138_16313679138_4523748_1543022_n.jpg

No one can really say if there's any intentional and subliminal messages going on but man, that can really drive a dude crazy. "Hey Sheahan, we'd like for you to be like a Bertuzzi in his prime; and Jarnkrok, we'd like for you to exhibit a work ethic and determination game like Filppula; and Smith... Lidstrom, that is all." Haha.

No one can really say if there's any intentional and subliminal messages going on but man, that can really drive a dude crazy. "Hey Sheahan, we'd like for you to be like a Bertuzzi in his prime; and Jarnkrok, we'd like for you to exhibit a work ethic and determination game like Filppula; and Smith... Lidstrom, that is all." Haha.

Images are all X'd

Images are all X'd

Aw goddammit! It's the pictures from the recent facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=182687&id=16313679138

They put Sheahan in Bertuzzi's locker; Jarnkrok in Filppula's locker and as they've done the past two years, Smith in Lidstrom's locker. I mean, they could've just taken off the names there but they hope that maybe adds a little extra subliminal motivation I suppose.

Aw goddammit! It's the pictures from the recent facebook page. http://www.facebook....&id=16313679138

They put Sheahan in Bertuzzi's locker; Jarnkrok in Filppula's locker and as they've done the past two years, Smith in Lidstrom's locker. I mean, they could've just taken off the names there but they hope that maybe adds a little extra subliminal motivation I suppose.

That's hilarious. Extra motivation when trying to get to the show sure doesn't hurt. And if they can elevate to their level and make the last draft look as good as some of late rounds past? You can count me the hell in.

That's too awesome to just be a coincidence. Bring on the pressure boys.

Guest nutz2u

Yeah, Malik seems impressed with Brendan Smith.

Excited to see how good Smith plays this year.

He also seemed to like the micro defenseman, Marshall. Kid has speed to burn and soft hands. Maybe we'll get lucky and he will grow 7 inches over the next couple of years like Aubry did.

good read on some of the prospects at camp so far:

"Mitchell Callahan, I swear, is a mix of Kirk Maltby and Kris Draper, minus his two front teeth. Great north-south skater, likes to forecheck, can occasionally dangle, absolutely works his butt off, listens well, and his enthusiasm is palpable. Way smarter than his toothless smile indicates, too."

"Louis-Marc Aubry is the classic "growing into his body" player. He's probably 6'3" now and was something like 5'7" a year and a half ago, and he, like Riley Sheahan, screams "power forward" once he becomes more comfortable with his size--which he uses to his advantage. He's got a great skating stride, nice hands, and he's tremendously defensively sound. His English is also superb, though he talks more quietly than I do when I get nervous, and he's very happy to be playing for the team his father once skated for, though he very honestly looks a little stunned to be in Detroit all of two weeks after being drafted."

rest of them are here:

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2010/07/prospect_camp_day_2_so_far_cha.html