• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings4Life19

Red Wings prospect camp

Rate this topic

I'm guessing that guys who played a ton of games last year were given more time off if they're place in the organization was already cemented (Tatar). I can't think of a good reason why Nyquist, Andersson and Nestrasil aren't there.

I'm guessing that guys who played a ton of games last year were given more time off if they're place in the organization was already cemented (Tatar). I can't think of a good reason why Nyquist, Andersson and Nestrasil aren't there.

Logan Pyett is there though iirc. And he had a fantastic year for his standards. Guess he's quite the trooper.

another good write up about the prospects with a bit of a scouting report for each. Raves about callahan :P

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2010/07/a_brief_take_on_the_red_wings.html

also mentions some of the invitee's like archibald and cord and they have impressed. I hope these guys get contracts, archibald would be eligible to play in GR this year.

another good write up about the prospects with a bit of a scouting report for each. Raves about callahan :P

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2010/07/a_brief_take_on_the_red_wings.html

also mentions some of the invitee's like archibald and cord and they have impressed. I hope these guys get contracts, archibald would be eligible to play in GR this year.

That was a great read. I seriously recommend it to people who like the whole prospect shiz :thumbup:

Wow like what I'm reading about Callahan out there. He seems like since being drafted he's just busted his ass to get better. He put up points last year and still fought a lot of bigger guys then him. They're comaring him to a mix of Drapes and Maltby but I say you gotta throw a little Macarty in there as well since he's always been near the top of the WHL fight majors.

Also seems like Archibald looks good out there, hopefully he doesn't hit any of the goalies, seems like Cord is just a mean, stay at home guy that we all wanted in the draft but didn't get. Hopefully both these guys can earn contracts, I like their games.

Edited by newfy

Alex Cord really stepped up on Sunday, exhibiting a tremendously sound defensive defenseman's game while plain old beating people up. He knocked the hell out of anybody who came into his end looking to dig up the puck and he got it out of trouble quickly

Very nice!! :thumbup:

Edited by dragonballgtz

Very nice!! :thumbup:

We seemed to get lucky by picking up a good, tough, stay at home guy in Lashoff after the draft and Lashoff seems well on his way to be a contributor in the NHL in the future.

Hopefully we get lucky again and this mean , SOB gets signed and pans out like Lashoff did.

Cord seems tougher then Lashoff though from what I've read and watched

yes guess your right haha.... Sigh... thought I could shed some light but that was a Fail lol

The wings are not allowed to pay for college players expenses (plane tickets, hotel, etc) to attend the camp so they can but they have to do so on their own dime which is why some are there and others are not.

Also I thought this would make a lot of LGW readers happy, from a George Malik article on mlive:

"Two players nearly dropped the gloves today, but they simply thought better of it and skated away. No sense in trying to beat up a teammate. It was pretty cool to see."

He didn't say which players though.

The wings are not allowed to pay for college players expenses (plane tickets, hotel, etc) to attend the camp so they can but they have to do so on their own dime which is why some are there and others are not.

Also I thought this would make a lot of LGW readers happy, from a George Malik article on mlive:

"Two players nearly dropped the gloves today, but they simply thought better of it and skated away. No sense in trying to beat up a teammate. It was pretty cool to see."

He didn't say which players though.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess it was Callahan and Cord or maybe Oslund and someone. Not sure if Oslund fights since he's in College but he's definitely a tough player.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess it was Callahan and Cord or maybe Oslund and someone. Not sure if Oslund fights since he's in College but he's definitely a tough player.

those would be my guesses and archibald. Good to see our prospects have brains.

those would be my guesses and archibald. Good to see our prospects have brains.

Oh I forgot about Archie, thats a possibility too. I have a feeling if it was these guys though that fight often then the fight probably would've taken place. It was probably Jarnkrok and Fournier lol

Is it wrong I'm rooting for Airchablad (SP), sorry I kind of just want a bad ass on the team

The Wings do look like they are trying to get a lot tougher with there youth, imagine the bottom lines consisting of Cord on the back end/Callahan/Archie/apparently Osuland(don't know him though. Hell the prospect tourney could be a blood bath in itself; let someone run a Wings player!

Edited by ben_usmc

cord reminds me of vandemeer. Kid is going to be an absolute beast if he makes it. He should be playing full time with missasauga next season. I think if he gets a contract he will be my second fav prospect behind cally. archie i think could become quite the villian down in GR if he gets a contract. Been a while since we had one of those :P

Here is a sweet vid of fish mic'd up coaching team zetterberg in the final scrimmage, real good watch. Fish my have a future in coaching in some capacity one day :)

http://redwings.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=884&id=73843

Here is a sweet vid of fish mic'd up coaching team zetterberg in the final scrimmage, real good watch. Fish my have a future in coaching in some capacity one day :)

http://redwings.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=884&id=73843

There are plenty on here who would absolutely love it if a guy like Fischer coached the dmen and told every single one of them to knock the hell out of everybody that crosses the blue line.