• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings4Life19

Red Wings prospect camp

Rate this topic

Fire McCrimon!!!!

hell no, the stand there and watch the offense either chip it past and burn us or pass it directly in front of the goalie with no teammate in sight strategy is bound to work this year

Fire McCrimon!!!!

I kind of feel that way too except for the fact that I've always challenged people who said this because no one really knows what McCrimmon actually does or what his responsibilities are for the Wings. I don't really care much for McCrimmon but while his official title is defensive coach it seems to me that Babcock is the one who designs the defensive schemes and overall team strategy. McCrimmon is there simply to run the drills and execute Babcock's checklist. I've always asked people about that and yet nobody really knows.

cord reminds me of vandemeer. Kid is going to be an absolute beast if he makes it. He should be playing full time with missasauga next season. I think if he gets a contract he will be my second fav prospect behind cally. archie i think could become quite the villian down in GR if he gets a contract. Been a while since we had one of those :P

Here is a sweet vid of fish mic'd up coaching team zetterberg in the final scrimmage, real good watch. Fish my have a future in coaching in some capacity one day :)

http://redwings.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=884&id=73843

Cally is by far my favourite prospect now that he has been taking such huge strides in his game and is a tough SOB. He's a small guy that will fight anyone and was a late round pick. If a guy like that works hard and makes the show he's deserving of a lot of respect.

Since we have no real mean defenseman in the system Cord would be a good pickup for sure. He seems like a real tough, stay at home guy like this team hasn't had since... Jiri Slegr (haha) but seriously has anyone seen this guy play and can comment on if he is a huge hitter or what?

I like Archie but not in love with him. He's big and has shown he can score and will hit the goalie. But he's not exactly a fighter, he only had 4 last season which isn't much at all. To make the show he would probably fight more in the AHL and when he gets to the NHL but still.

Cally is by far my favourite prospect now that he has been taking such huge strides in his game and is a tough SOB. He's a small guy that will fight anyone and was a late round pick. If a guy like that works hard and makes the show he's deserving of a lot of respect.

Since we have no real mean defenseman in the system Cord would be a good pickup for sure. He seems like a real tough, stay at home guy like this team hasn't had since... Jiri Slegr (haha) but seriously has anyone seen this guy play and can comment on if he is a huge hitter or what?

I like Archie but not in love with him. He's big and has shown he can score and will hit the goalie. But he's not exactly a fighter, he only had 4 last season which isn't much at all. To make the show he would probably fight more in the AHL and when he gets to the NHL but still.

cally is turing into a stud if he develops that offense game further. from what i've been reading from the prspects camp he's got some real nice hands. Also mentions he's a real smart guy too despite missing his two front teeth :hockeysmile: plus we know he already works his ass off. Just sound like the ultimate team player.

havent seen cord play but if cord signs a contract I will go see him play when missasauga comes to london. I can also watch him on OHL games that comes with my sports package so I will be keeping a close eye on him. he played 10 games for missasauga last year and had 2 fights I think and absolutely bloodied a guy. from the video i have seen on him he looks like a head hunter who plays on the edge and can back it up. I will have to see him more to see what his defensive game is like.

cord reminds me of vandemeer. Kid is going to be an absolute beast if he makes it. He should be playing full time with missasauga next season. I think if he gets a contract he will be my second fav prospect behind cally. archie i think could become quite the villian down in GR if he gets a contract. Been a while since we had one of those :P

Here is a sweet vid of fish mic'd up coaching team zetterberg in the final scrimmage, real good watch. Fish my have a future in coaching in some capacity one day :)

http://redwings.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=884&id=73843

Is that Fischer cutting a big fart at the very end of that?? Sounded like a shart, maybe that's why he says oh!

Is that Fischer cutting a big fart at the very end of that?? Sounded like a shart, maybe that's why he says oh!

lmao never noticed have to re watch that :lol:

EDIT: screw that, you can fast forward it

Edited by redwingfan19

cally is turing into a stud if he develops that offense game further. from what i've been reading from the prspects camp he's got some real nice hands. Also mentions he's a real smart guy too despite missing his two front teeth :hockeysmile: plus we know he already works his ass off. Just sound like the ultimate team player.

havent seen cord play but if cord signs a contract I will go see him play when missasauga comes to london. I can also watch him on OHL games that comes with my sports package so I will be keeping a close eye on him. he played 10 games for missasauga last year and had 2 fights I think and absolutely bloodied a guy. from the video i have seen on him he looks like a head hunter who plays on the edge and can back it up. I will have to see him more to see what his defensive game is like.

I really don't think Callahan will develop offensively anything more then a third liner but still he fights anyone, hits and is scoring a bit so he's got everything I love in a player. It has been said that his hands are really underrated though so who knows

And yeah I usually go to sting games to watch prospects I don't know much about. I remember watching Kindl absolutely dominate when he played in Kitchener. As a knights fan, what do you think about Seth Griffiths, or have you seen him play much lol?

Yeah Cord looks like a decent fighter at least, and he has good size so as of now I like him. 18 pims, 2 fights with Mississauga in 10 games is pretty good in my eyes for a tough player. I think the wings will sign him even if hes only half decent just to get a guy like him that we lack in the system.

I really don't think Callahan will develop offensively anything more then a third liner but still he fights anyone, hits and is scoring a bit so he's got everything I love in a player. It has been said that his hands are really underrated though so who knows

And yeah I usually go to sting games to watch prospects I don't know much about. I remember watching Kindl absolutely dominate when he played in Kitchener. As a knights fan, what do you think about Seth Griffiths, or have you seen him play much lol?

Yeah Cord looks like a decent fighter at least, and he has good size so as of now I like him. 18 pims, 2 fights with Mississauga in 10 games is pretty good in my eyes for a tough player. I think the wings will sign him even if hes only half decent just to get a guy like him that we lack in the system.

not saying cally will be a second liner or anything. I guess what i meant was he's could be a stud much like abby and helm are. don't have to be a big time offensive player like tatar to be a stud in my eyes.

Griffiths only played 17 games for the knights and I didn't really see him because I think he was just called up for injuries and stuff but he will have his shot this coming season.

agreed i could see cord getting a contract too. Kenny said everyone at camp has potential and they are there because the scouts see something in them. I think it will come down to wether they like him as a person and if they think he is committed to the system. He should get another look in Traverse camp at the least.

Final interviews are tomorrow before the prospects head back home so I expect a couple contracts to be handed out in the near future for some of the invitees.

not saying cally will be a second liner or anything. I guess what i meant was he's could be a stud much like abby and helm are. don't have to be a big time offensive player like tatar to be a stud in my eyes.

Griffiths only played 17 games for the knights and I didn't really see him because I think he was just called up for injuries and stuff but he will have his shot this coming season.

agreed i could see cord getting a contract too. Kenny said everyone at camp has potential and they are there because the scouts see something in them. I think it will come down to wether they like him as a person and if they think he is committed to the system. He should get another look in Traverse camp at the least.

Final interviews are tomorrow before the prospects head back home so I expect a couple contracts to be handed out in the near future for some of the invitees.

Yeah right now with the huge development curve Cally has been on I could see him becoming a very similar player to Abby. Probably hits as hard, fights more but can't score quite as well. Only time will tell but it will for sure be sweet watching the wings when he makes it and we have our own Carcillo type playing.

I think he did, and I absolutely love that Jiri is coaching he looked great back there. He was my favorite player :(

this should make some people happy

nill had this to say:

"Nill called Mitch Callahan "something we don't have ... he's going to fight anybody, one of those fan favorite type of players."

a more skilled PJ Stock anyone??? :hehe:

good cally interview:

http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/z4OG5/hash/7qkbs3nb.swf?v=10100285084315564&ev=0

models his game after carcillo. says cooke is a good comparison except he fights more :cool:

Edited by redwingfan19

Guest Heaten

Am I the only one here high on Andrej Nestrasil? He always seems to be right up there in the mix of things when good things happen on the ice. Memorize his name, you're going to hear it a lot. thumbup.gif

Am I the only one here high on Andrej Nestrasil? He always seems to be right up there in the mix of things when good things happen on the ice. Memorize his name, you're going to hear it a lot. thumbup.gif

Pronounce it first or say it 5 times fast then maybe I will :hehe:

Guest Heaten

Pronounce it first or say it 5 times fast then maybe I will :hehe:

I'll wait for Mickey Redmond to explain it to us like he did about Krowall (Kronv-wall)

this should make some people happy

nill had this to say:

"Nill called Mitch Callahan "something we don't have ... he's going to fight anybody, one of those fan favorite type of players."

a more skilled PJ Stock anyone??? :hehe:

good cally interview:

http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/z4OG5/hash/7qkbs3nb.swf?v=10100285084315564&ev=0

models his game after carcillo. says cooke is a good comparison except he fights more :cool:

Haha great interview. Bruise bros will like that he doesn't have a visor on lol.

Man this kid is gonna be a fan favourite for sure when he makes it, which I'm really starting to thin he will. His step this year from last year was huge and he was even wearing an "A" part of the season. He plays like Carcillo, I don't care if ppl here don't like it but this guy isnt classy so when he makes the team we'll probably lose some fans from this board. Oh well.

A lot of us hate Cooke but a guy who plays like Cooke but will fight when he has too and is a great pound for pound fighter would be a great player to have. He takes on guys half a foot bigger then him and will win. Favourite prospect by far.

Good reason to be excited and this was a against a guy who fights quite a bit

Edited by newfy

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2010/07/red_wings_links_prospect_camp.html

Mitchell Callahan's 5'10" and about 180 lbs of pure muscle, so don't assume that he's going to be a heavyweight, but I'd best describe him as a hybrid of Kirk Maltby, Darren McCarty, and Dallas Drake in their primes--he's a winger who adores playing a north-south game in which his speedy skating allows him to get in on the forecheck, bang bodies, and generate turnovers, but he can also dig out pucks and slide them out front to forwards for scoring chances, grind the puck out, or, again, work with a more offensively talented player (his partner in crime was Landon Ferraro) toe generate offense on the cycle, he possesses a mature defensive awareness for a player of his age, he absolutely works his butt off, his shot and pass are underrated, and, mostly...

He loves being a grinder, embraces the concept that it's his job to hit people and pi..I mean tick people off, and while he's missing his two front teeth and gets nicked up in the face a lot because he's a fearless player who is more than willing to drop the gloves, what impressed me most about Mitchell was the way his intelligence out-stripped his fantastic work ethic.

For a doofy-looking kid with a gap-toothed smile, he kept up with every drill, spoke to the coaches regularly when he needed clarification on the technical points of where they wanted him to go and where he should position himself to most aggressively cut off scoring chances against, get in on the forecheck, or create scoring chances himself, and he spoke like a young man who understood that it's both attention to detail and hard work would separate him from your every-day, nondescript grinder.

Really, I guess I'd say that he's the first real Dallas Drake-type player the Wings have had in their system since Dallas Drake came into town as an incredibly intelligent and incredibly annoying forechecker who had 10-15 goal and 30-40 point potential. "

:clap:

I get to watch Callahan play aaaaaaall the time here in Kelowna! trust me guys...this is the kid weve been waiting for....hes nothing but energy...he hits, fights, and scores clutch goals...this guy is gunna be one of the best 3rd-4th liners weve had in a loooong time!

:thumbup: