• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DaWingsin071

Kovie

Rate this topic

The Redwings could get him if they wanted. Because from what I know and correct me if im wrong, that even though Rafalski has a NTC that doesn't prevent Detroit from waiving him. If someone claims him that 6 million off the books, and if not he clears he goes to GR and 6 million still comes off the books. Capgeek.com has the redwings under cap by 3 million barring abdelkader and helm sign for. Now if the redwings were to sign Kovalchuck for 8.5, and forgo helm and sign abdelkader to his contract he made last year. The Redwings would be just a little over 6 miliion over the cap. Now you take Rafalski's contract off the book, you freed the money to add kovalchuck.

I believe that if any team signs Kovalchuck they have to be under the cap by training camp.

The Redwings could get him if they wanted. Because from what I know and correct me if im wrong, that even though Rafalski has a NTC that doesn't prevent Detroit from waiving him. If someone claims him that 6 million off the books, and if not he clears he goes to GR and 6 million still comes off the books. Capgeek.com has the redwings under cap by 3 million barring abdelkader and helm sign for. Now if the redwings were to sign Kovalchuck for 8.5, and forgo helm and sign abdelkader to his contract he made last year. The Redwings would be just a little over 6 miliion over the cap. Now you take Rafalski's contract off the book, you freed the money to add kovalchuck.

I believe that if any team signs Kovalchuck they have to be under the cap by training camp.

rafalski in GR. :lol: Likely

I believe this issue was discussed and wholeheartedly dismissed by almost the entire LGW population. I'll start discussing again when he signs.

rafalski in GR. :lol: Likely

He has a NTC clause not a no movement clause. Means he has no choice but to go to GR if no one claims him off waivers. He will still make his 6 million dollars but it won't effect the Redwings salary cap wise.

do wings need another primadonna entering her climax for that price tag ? I'd say Wings are better off without him. Even more, I'd say NHL is better off with out him too. Let him join Lesha Yashin - they've got a lot in common.

If Raffy is waived and claimed, which he would be, the Wings are on the hook for half of his salary which will count against the cap.

If Raffy is waived and claimed, which he would be, the Wings are on the hook for half of his salary which will count against the cap.

That's only for recall waivers. He would first have to clear regular waivers, be assigned to GR, then recalled later and claimed then. In this retarded hypothetical, if Rafi was sent to GR, we wouldn't recall him.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

You must've forgotten Uwe Krupp.

You're totally right. Holland should have totally known that Krupp would injure himself dog sledding.

I could be wrong but I thought in the off season you could waive anyone and not have to take half of their salary.

You are probably right though but I thought I had read that somewhere.

Edit: Read Buppy's post. Thanks for the clarification.

Edited by zettie85

Has anybody told Eklund that there is a salary cap in the NHL? Kovie seems dead set on getting $10 mil a year and we have like what, $6 million in space (I dont know I didnt check so dont hate me). how the hell does he expect this to happen?

this article is worded so weird when translated by google, any speak russian that can offer a better translation?

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http://www.lifesports.ru&sl=ru&tl=en

hahahaha

"At the same time in the city of engines for many years played Pavel Datsyuk and feels herself."

He has a NTC clause not a no movement clause. Means he has no choice but to go to GR if no one claims him off waivers. He will still make his 6 million dollars but it won't effect the Redwings salary cap wise.

and then he gets called up for playoffs :lol: and kovy gets his cup. the top 6 would immediately turn into top 9!

Z - Dats - Kovy - Mule - Flip - Huds - Tuzzi - Homer - Cleary?

but it's not happening.

Okay, here's my best try:

The Detroit Red Wings suddenly entered into the fight for Ilya Kovalchuk. The team's bosses came up with an unusual proposal – a one-year contract for 8.5 million dollars. The Wings' management is famous for its practicality and therefore is in no hurry to enter into a long-term agreement, given the problems with the salary cap.

Kovalchuk himself wants to sign a contract for several years all at once, so this scenario does not suit him. However, Detroit is a team which has always stood apart. With them, Ilya has a real chance to take the Stanley Cup in his first season. At the same time, Pavel Datsyuk has already played many years in Motor City and appreciates this himself. (That was a weird sentence…no wonder the translator didn't get it right; I'm not sure if I did, either.)

Meanwhile, interesting business was happening in Los Angeles. This week, the team has already emerged twice from the fight for Kovi. First, Kings' general manager Dean Lombardi said that Kovalchuk rejected his final offer and there will not be another. But then the parties began negotiations anew, and again they ended with nothing.

"Ilya's agent made a counteroffer, but it didn't suit us," said governor Tim Leiweke. "We tried our best, but the other party is not going to compromise. Because of the salary cap, we cannot afford to pay a player $10 million a year."

Recall that the main contenders for the leader of the Russian national team are still New Jersey and SKA St. Petersburg.

Yeah...they don't cite any sources from the Wings' camp, so I don't really know where they're getting this from (besides Eklund).

Edited by MulesWillFly93