• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:06 PM

Love Raffi but in NHL '10 I had a choice of keeping Rafalski or dropping him.

It's amazing how even in a game what the possibilities were once I unloaded that 6 mill lol. Just sayin'....

I must have pissed in someone's "Chelios" today... My internet rep is rapidly declining due to my trades in a video game...

Edited by HankthaTank, 08 July 2010 - 03:18 PM.

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#22 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:08 PM

<br />Oh just for the hell of it...<br /><br />2010-11 DETROIT RED WINGS<br />CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR<br />FORWARDS<br />* Ilya Kovalchuk ($7.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m)<br />Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($1.938m)<br />Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / * Mike Modano ($1.000m) / * Darren Helm ($0.950m)<br />* Justin Abdelkader ($0.950m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.750m) / Drew Miller ($0.650m)<br />Mattias Ritola ($0.517m)<br />DEFENSEMEN<br />Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)<br />Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)<br />Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)<br />* Derek Meech ($0.650m)<br />GOALTENDERS<br />Chris Osgood ($1.417m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)<br />CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS<br />(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)<br />ROSTER: 22; CAP:$59.4m; CARRY-OVER PENALTY: $0.050m; <br />PAYROLL: $58.934m; CAP ROOM: $0.466m; BONUSES: $0.000m<br />

<br /><br /><br />

How is that possible? Who are you leaving out?

Posted Image

#23 Green Wing

Green Wing

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:10 PM

Grade A Balonium.

#24 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:12 PM

<br /><br /><br />

How is that possible? Who are you leaving out?

Draper, Cleay, Huds.

This just in. Rafalski to miss entire season after an unfortunate golfing accident.

Wings sign Kovie on 1 year mega deal. :ph34r:

Oh wishful thinking. :cool:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#25 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:15 PM

We could trade Cleary, Hudler and Draper to Atlanta for Alvin, Simon and Theodore. :lol:

Edited by Hatethedrake!, 08 July 2010 - 02:16 PM.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#26 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:16 PM

It would be great if he took a $5 million one year deal and we moved some salary around. Okay, I am done dreaming now.

Posted Image

#27 Rick

Rick

Rookie

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:18 PM

saying not true.

http://twitter.com/MurphysLaw74

Ok. Regarding Red Wings interest in Kovalchuk, my Red Wings source said "not true". So as far as I know, original report from Eklund, false.

#28 slavetothehotlight

slavetothehotlight

Prospect

• 43 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:46 PM

Someone named Jimmy Murphy just tweeted that the Wings have offered one-year and $8.5 million. How? He does not explain. Apparently, they're trading everyone.

Stupid link

In related news, my dog just took a crap in which u can see an image of the Virgin Mary. I will be putting it up on ebay after it hardens.

#29 RainingBlood

RainingBlood

Well thats my momma

• PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:56 PM

The Redwings could get him if they wanted. Because from what I know and correct me if im wrong, that even though Rafalski has a NTC that doesn't prevent Detroit from waiving him. If someone claims him that 6 million off the books, and if not he clears he goes to GR and 6 million still comes off the books. Capgeek.com has the redwings under cap by 3 million barring abdelkader and helm sign for. Now if the redwings were to sign Kovalchuck for 8.5, and forgo helm and sign abdelkader to his contract he made last year. The Redwings would be just a little over 6 miliion over the cap. Now you take Rafalski's contract off the book, you freed the money to add kovalchuck.

I believe that if any team signs Kovalchuck they have to be under the cap by training camp.

#30 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:05 PM

Never happen...

Can't happen...
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#31 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:06 PM

The Redwings could get him if they wanted. Because from what I know and correct me if im wrong, that even though Rafalski has a NTC that doesn't prevent Detroit from waiving him. If someone claims him that 6 million off the books, and if not he clears he goes to GR and 6 million still comes off the books. Capgeek.com has the redwings under cap by 3 million barring abdelkader and helm sign for. Now if the redwings were to sign Kovalchuck for 8.5, and forgo helm and sign abdelkader to his contract he made last year. The Redwings would be just a little over 6 miliion over the cap. Now you take Rafalski's contract off the book, you freed the money to add kovalchuck.

I believe that if any team signs Kovalchuck they have to be under the cap by training camp.

rafalski in GR. :lol: Likely

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#32 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 788 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:14 PM

I believe this issue was discussed and wholeheartedly dismissed by almost the entire LGW population. I'll start discussing again when he signs.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#33 Off the Post

Off the Post

Rookie

• Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:02 PM

Dream on people

#34 RainingBlood

RainingBlood

Well thats my momma

• PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:08 PM

rafalski in GR. :lol: Likely

He has a NTC clause not a no movement clause. Means he has no choice but to go to GR if no one claims him off waivers. He will still make his 6 million dollars but it won't effect the Redwings salary cap wise.

#35 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:10 PM

Eklund was on a path for a slim amount of respect on free agent day but now...yeah back to his old ways.

Edited by dragonballgtz, 08 July 2010 - 04:11 PM.

#36 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:29 PM

do wings need another primadonna entering her climax for that price tag ? I'd say Wings are better off without him. Even more, I'd say NHL is better off with out him too. Let him join Lesha Yashin - they've got a lot in common.

#37 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:19 PM

If Raffy is waived and claimed, which he would be, the Wings are on the hook for half of his salary which will count against the cap.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#38 Lamothe

Lamothe

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:24 PM

Ya he does. Biggest mistake Kenny ever made. Actually could be the only one.

You must've forgotten Uwe Krupp.

#39 Slave

Slave

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:44 PM

and williams last year

#40 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:11 PM

If Raffy is waived and claimed, which he would be, the Wings are on the hook for half of his salary which will count against the cap.

That's only for recall waivers. He would first have to clear regular waivers, be assigned to GR, then recalled later and claimed then. In this retarded hypothetical, if Rafi was sent to GR, we wouldn't recall him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users