66 replies to this topic

#41 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:14 PM

You must've forgotten Uwe Krupp.

You're totally right. Holland should have totally known that Krupp would injure himself dog sledding.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#42 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:23 AM

If Raffy is waived and claimed, which he would be, the Wings are on the hook for half of his salary which will count against the cap.

I could be wrong but I thought in the off season you could waive anyone and not have to take half of their salary.

You are probably right though but I thought I had read that somewhere.

Edit: Read Buppy's post. Thanks for the clarification.

Edited by zettie85, 09 July 2010 - 01:29 AM.

Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#43 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:30 AM

Has anybody told Eklund that there is a salary cap in the NHL? Kovie seems dead set on getting $10 mil a year and we have like what, $6 million in space (I dont know I didnt check so dont hate me). how the hell does he expect this to happen?

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

#44 irishtemper14+25

irishtemper14+25

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:27 PM

this article is worded so weird when translated by google, any speak russian that can offer a better translation?

http://translate.goo....ru&sl=ru&tl=en

Kudos to Teeman for the Sig
"You remember that chap a few years ago, climbed Everest with no oxygen, came down nearly dead...they asked him why he went up there to die. He said I didn't, I went up there to live."

#45 martyrme19

martyrme19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:46 PM

You're totally right. Holland should have totally known that Krupp would injure himself dog sledding.

um....Krupp was 'injured' and while he 'injured' he went dog sledding. Just sayin.
Just for the record, the weather today is slightly sarcastic with a good chance of rain.

#46 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:49 PM

this article is worded so weird when translated by google, any speak russian that can offer a better translation?

http://translate.goo....ru&sl=ru&tl=en

hahahaha

"At the same time in the city of engines for many years played Pavel Datsyuk and feels herself."
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#47 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:03 PM

He has a NTC clause not a no movement clause. Means he has no choice but to go to GR if no one claims him off waivers. He will still make his 6 million dollars but it won't effect the Redwings salary cap wise.

and then he gets called up for playoffs :lol: and kovy gets his cup. the top 6 would immediately turn into top 9!

Z - Dats - Kovy - Mule - Flip - Huds - Tuzzi - Homer - Cleary?

but it's not happening.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#48 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:30 PM

hahahaha

"At the same time in the city of engines for many years played Pavel Datsyuk and feels herself."

:lol:
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#49 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:26 PM

Okay, here's my best try:

The Detroit Red Wings suddenly entered into the fight for Ilya Kovalchuk. The team's bosses came up with an unusual proposal – a one-year contract for 8.5 million dollars. The Wings' management is famous for its practicality and therefore is in no hurry to enter into a long-term agreement, given the problems with the salary cap.

Kovalchuk himself wants to sign a contract for several years all at once, so this scenario does not suit him. However, Detroit is a team which has always stood apart. With them, Ilya has a real chance to take the Stanley Cup in his first season. At the same time, Pavel Datsyuk has already played many years in Motor City and appreciates this himself. (That was a weird sentence…no wonder the translator didn't get it right; I'm not sure if I did, either.)

Meanwhile, interesting business was happening in Los Angeles. This week, the team has already emerged twice from the fight for Kovi. First, Kings' general manager Dean Lombardi said that Kovalchuk rejected his final offer and there will not be another. But then the parties began negotiations anew, and again they ended with nothing.

"Ilya's agent made a counteroffer, but it didn't suit us," said governor Tim Leiweke. "We tried our best, but the other party is not going to compromise. Because of the salary cap, we cannot afford to pay a player $10 million a year."

Recall that the main contenders for the leader of the Russian national team are still New Jersey and SKA St. Petersburg.

Yeah...they don't cite any sources from the Wings' camp, so I don't really know where they're getting this from (besides Eklund).

Edited by MulesWillFly93, 09 July 2010 - 08:27 PM.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#50 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:59 PM

And it'd be a lot lower that 8.5 millions dollars, lol.

Posted Image

#51 rage

rage

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:09 PM

Mark Everson reports Devils GM Lou Lamoriello remains in the hunt for Kovalchuk, adding it's not interfering with what he's doing with the roster. "Wild rumbles" have the Devils offering up a 17-year, $100 million contract, but there's also speculation they might lower any offer they made. http://www.spectorsh...rumors&Itemid=4 Well that's just funny. That's totally not even possible in the CBA.

Posted Image

#52 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,962 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:11 PM

Mark Everson reports Devils GM Lou Lamoriello remains in the hunt for Kovalchuk, adding it's not interfering with what he's doing with the roster. "Wild rumbles" have the Devils offering up a 17-year, $100 million contract, but there's also speculation they might lower any offer they made. http://www.spectorsh...rumors&Itemid=4 Well that's just funny. That's totally not even possible in the CBA.

:blink:

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#53 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,754 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:52 AM

100 million? Christ that's a lot. I would think that after his disappointing run with New Jersey, his value would have decreased a bit. Apparently not.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#54 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,962 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:18 AM

Not to mention the 17 year part. DIdn't they learn anything from their neighbor's 15 year deal of a broken goaltender?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#55 FinWing

FinWing

Vaasa red & white

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:14 AM

I sure hope not. IMO the maximum term for a contract should be five years, these 10-year and 15-year contracts are just ridiculous.
Thank You TeeMan

#56 rage

rage

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:43 PM

<br />I sure hope not. IMO the maximum term for a contract should be five years, these 10-year and 15-year contracts are just ridiculous.<br />

&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br />They can't do that anyway. He's almost 30 right? So that would bring him to like 45 and that the NHL would not allow. Didn't the 'Hawks almost get in trouble for the Hossa deal that brings him to 41??<br /><br />And then there's the Philly and Pronger deal that was looked into as well by the league. <br /><br />It's impossible. If Kovie was 23, maybe....

Edited by rage, 10 July 2010 - 12:44 PM.

Posted Image

#57 FinWing

FinWing

Vaasa red & white

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:42 PM

They can't do that anyway. He's almost 30 right? So that would bring him to like 45 and that the NHL would not allow. Didn't the 'Hawks almost get in trouble for the Hossa deal that brings him to 41?? And then there's the Philly and Pronger deal that was looked into as well by the league. It's impossible. If Kovie was 23, maybe....

Well, it is possible that these guys will keep playing until their mid-40s, unlikely as it may be. Kovie is 27 so he would be about 45 at the end of a 17-year contract. It just seems so retarded to me that players can be signed through the rest of their careers in their early to mid-20s. It's just wrong.
Thank You TeeMan

#58 rage

rage

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:49 PM

<br />Well, it is possible that these guys will keep playing until their mid-40s, unlikely as it may be. Kovie is 27 so he would be about 45 at the end of a 17-year contract. It just seems so retarded to me that players can be signed through the rest of their careers in their early to mid-20s. It's just wrong.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

http://www.spectorsh...rumors&Itemid=4

NORTHJERSEY.COM/NEW YORK POST: reported it appears the New Jersey Devils are playing the waiting game with Ilya Kovalchuk while there's apparently nothing new to report on his status. The Devils are rumored to have offered up a seven-year, $60 million contract plus a 17-year, $100 million offer.

------------------------

Somebody clarify something for me. Didn't the league look hard at the Pronger and Hossa deals last year? And they were only bringing those players to 41 or something.

How the hell could that be possible to sign a guy until he's 45???

Posted Image

#59 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 03:00 PM

lol ok today i read from Eklund...i know but he said Wings could be one of the teams offering a 1yr deal, not saying its going to happen, but i do remember before the Olympics someone McKenzie or Dreger saying Holland was interested in bringing in Kovie depending on how he played with Datsyuk.

#60 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:43 PM

http://www.kuklaskor..._ends_tomorrow/

Maybe signing with LA, tomorrow? Who knows. About a week ago it was said he was going to be a Devil.

Is he worth it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users