• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Datsyuk goes back to school

Rate this topic

They need to make this into a TV show.

Without a doubt would earn a #1 comedy of the year Emmy in Russia (if they have those) and Hockeytown. Pav could do stand-up once this all said and done. Way to go Pav! Maybe Stevie's Assistant GM some day down the road.

Without a doubt would earn a #1 comedy of the year Emmy in Russia (if they have those) and Hockeytown. Pav could do stand-up once this all said and done. Way to go Pav! Maybe Stevie's Assistant GM some day down the road.

Another guy that comes to mind when i think Wings comedy is Homer.He's got a great sense of humor :lol:

Guest mindfly

Somehow I get the feeling that this is his last contract with the wings and he will be heading home to motherland russia in 2014 :(

This is fantastic. Education is nothing to be ashamed of and I think it's great that he wants to get a college degree. Even if he never uses it, the pride that comes with having worked hard and earned one is reward enough.

Good on you, Pavs. :clap:

Guest Crymson

If his mind is even half as nimble as his body is, he'll do pretty damned well.

Edited by Crymson

It sets a great example, and in all reality if a player really wanted to do something in an organization after they're playing days are over what better way to assure that than getting an applicable education during the offseason?

:thumbup:

While I do respect what Pav does getting higher education for proffessional athletes in Russia is just a formality. They are just enrolled in a certain university and after 5 years issued a certificate. They don't learn a thing there, don't attend exams, etc. Good news is that it looks like Pav expects to be with Detroit for at least 5 years as most probably he wants his degree "to be ready" once he is back home.

PS there is also a way to simply buy it and it is not that pricey :)

Edited by RusDRW

I don't think he'd take a cheap way out like that. I think he's really serious about this and he'll do it right. I don't believe he would do it any other way.

I don't think he'd take a cheap way out like that. I think he's really serious about this and he'll do it right. I don't believe he would do it any other way.

Russian reporters say he is not even expected to attend the enrollemnt procedure (it is very serious in Russia, especially, when athelete like Dats is enrolled)... That's a bad sign :) However, he is now busy organizing summer camp for Russian young players. He'll be a kind of mentor there together with Boogard. Hope my home country will produce a kind of mix between Boogie and Dats soon :)

if for no other reason than to listen to the weird s*** that comes out of his mouth. i don't understand half of what he says, and i love it!

Pav's English makes a lot more sense when you realize Russian is missing a very simple verb. To be.

Take his interviews, add in the be/is/are as needed, and all of a sudden, they're clear. He just doesn't add it in because his frame of reference doesn't have it.

Russian reporters say he is not even expected to attend the enrollemnt procedure (it is very serious in Russia, especially, when athelete like Dats is enrolled)... That's a bad sign :) However, he is now busy organizing summer camp for Russian young players. He'll be a kind of mentor there together with Boogard. Hope my home country will produce a kind of mix between Boogie and Dats soon :)

First of all, the enrollment process at any university is a bunch of bs...take it from a veteran of such things. Second of all, being a "non-traditional" student (anyone over age 25) has its advantages - and one of them is usually a rather edited version of the enrollment hoopla.

As to the camp, I'm kind of surprised and happy that Derek has decided to return to help. It is interesting what part he played last year at the camp, and also that Pasha had a mixed martial arts person working with them as well. Unique, to say the least.

One other thing about being a non-traditional student. Instructors either love you to pieces or think you're the biggest asshat on the planet. Why? Because you can either add to what they are teaching with your own life experiences, or you can debunk them totally. I loved it. :D