• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 01:27 PM

if for no other reason than to listen to the weird s*** that comes out of his mouth. i don't understand half of what he says, and i love it!

Pav's English makes a lot more sense when you realize Russian is missing a very simple verb. To be.

Take his interviews, add in the be/is/are as needed, and all of a sudden, they're clear. He just doesn't add it in because his frame of reference doesn't have it.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#22 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:42 PM

Russian reporters say he is not even expected to attend the enrollemnt procedure (it is very serious in Russia, especially, when athelete like Dats is enrolled)... That's a bad sign :) However, he is now busy organizing summer camp for Russian young players. He'll be a kind of mentor there together with Boogard. Hope my home country will produce a kind of mix between Boogie and Dats soon :)

First of all, the enrollment process at any university is a bunch of bs...take it from a veteran of such things. Second of all, being a "non-traditional" student (anyone over age 25) has its advantages - and one of them is usually a rather edited version of the enrollment hoopla.

As to the camp, I'm kind of surprised and happy that Derek has decided to return to help. It is interesting what part he played last year at the camp, and also that Pasha had a mixed martial arts person working with them as well. Unique, to say the least.

One other thing about being a non-traditional student. Instructors either love you to pieces or think you're the biggest asshat on the planet. Why? Because you can either add to what they are teaching with your own life experiences, or you can debunk them totally. I loved it. :D
Posted Image

#23 puffy

puffy

Slightly Insane

• PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:16 PM

Datsyuk has inspired me to go back to College. 7th times the charm!

#24 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:09 PM

They need to make this into a TV show.

YES! It would be pure comedy and laughs cause he acts like such a dork!

#25 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:00 PM

It's only fair he has taken a lot of nhl's to school for years. Just kidding good for you Dats!
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#26 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:14 AM

According to facebook, Pavel's birthday is on July 20th, which is today! Happy Birthday Pavs!

#27 Tommy_Like_Wingy

Tommy_Like_Wingy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:30 AM

I don't think he'd take a cheap way out like that. I think he's really serious about this and he'll do it right. I don't believe he would do it any other way.

Do you know him personally?

Anyway, a TV show wouldn't really work since he'd be talking in Russian so all the hilarious "lost in translation" type of stuff he says in English won't be there.

#28 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:18 AM

Another guy that comes to mind when i think Wings comedy is Homer.He's got a great sense of humor :lol:

My favorite Homer moment was last season when they interviewed him right after the period ended and he had just been whistled off on a BS call. He was beyond pissed and it made the interview hysterical. First, they asked him about the penalty and (quite upset and with a death stare on the interviewer) he responded, "well it was garbage call, lets leave it at that."

Then he went on to talk about Homer's net play and how it frustrates opposing goaltenders and Dmen. The interviewer asked, "once they become annoyed and start hacking at you only to take a subsequent penalty, have you then gotten in their head?"

Homer's reply: "I'm in your head!"

:lol:
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#29 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:16 AM

Do you know him personally?

I've met him. He just doesn't seem the type to take a "cheap" way out of doing something. He strikes me as a person who takes things seriously and really means to do them right. It's just something about him that comes across that way.
Posted Image