• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
xtrememachine1

Sharks sign RFA Niklas Hjalmarsson

Rate this topic

Lol I love it. Now if this Niemi arbitration thing plays out, they will have literally lost everyone, plus Buff and Versteeg. Things are looking grim in Chicago... Anyone else care to start another debate on them being completely fine next season?

Anybody think they have the ability to match it? I can only think they will be able to if they draw it out for more years

They can't change any of the terms of the offer sheet he signed.

Anybody think they have the ability to match it? I can only think they will be able to if they draw it out for more years

They might have to match it. They only have 3 defensemen under contract right now and one of those three (Campbell) they can't give away.

They might have to match it. They only have 3 defensemen under contract right now and one of those three (Campbell) they can't give away.

They have 4 - John Scott was signed about a week ago... there's no way they can afford that, they're already only like 3m below the cap and they only have 16 players under contract...

If anything, this might be the best thing to happen to them, as they can rationalize it to fans as someone "stealing him" and it not just being another trade, and they get two picks in return (which don't take up cap space) - one of which is a 1st rounder...

Edited by stevkrause

I will give Chicago props for getting tons of picks to restock their farm system. As long as picks pan out they will have a swarm of young kids coming up again soon.

Yeah I know. They're gonna have the best prospect pool again like they did before Toews and Kane came to NHL.

Good for SJ. He's worth a couple of picks, no matter how high they are. This could put SJ in contention for the Cup.

ganna need to sign a good goaltender for them to be a contender at anything. Not really a strong market for that either so i dont know what they have planned...

They have 4 - John Scott was signed about a week ago... there's no way they can afford that, they're already only like 3m below the cap and they only have 16 players under contract...

If anything, this might be the best thing to happen to them, as they can rationalize it to fans as someone "stealing him" and it not just being another trade, and they get two picks in return (which don't take up cap space) - one of which is a 1st rounder...

According to nhlnumbers.com they have $9 mil in cap space, but only 9 forwards and 4 defenseman. CapGeek has the Hawks with like $3.6 mil. If that's the case, then, yeah, he's gone, Niemi too.

According to nhlnumbers.com they have $9 mil in cap space, but only 9 forwards and 4 defenseman. CapGeek has the Hawks with like $3.6 mil. If that's the case, then, yeah, he's gone, Niemi too.

A lot of the speculation on how much they have to spend falls under the assumption that they will make Huet's contract magically disappear.