#41 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:39 PM

all I gotta say ^
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#42 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:43 PM

Great move if your SJ! They add an extremely talented young Dman who will instantly shore up their core.

Not only that, they pick late in each round anyway.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#43 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:44 PM

Great move if your SJ! They add an extremely talented young Dman who will instantly shore up their core.

dead on - especially realizing Chicago's cap situation and the fact that they most likely will not be able to match...

Very savvy move on their part.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#44 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:46 PM

dead on - especially realizing Chicago's cap situation and the fact that they most likely will not be able to match...

Very savvy move on their part.

The only downside is the $3.5 per is a little steep for the first year or two of the deal. He should be worth that amount per year in no more than two seasons though, and potentially as soon as the 2011/2012 season.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#45 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:47 PM

Should we hope that the draft class for all these CHI picks is a thin one?

#46 HockeyTownHouligan

HockeyTownHouligan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:47 PM

so will hawks fans be booing every player that left the team next year when they get the puck on their new teams or what. Im leaning towards yes because they are all bandwagon jumpers anyways, if they have any fans next year!!!

Edited by HockeyTownHouligan, 09 July 2010 - 12:48 PM.

#47 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:50 PM

The only downside is the $3.5 per is a little steep for the first year or two of the deal. He should be worth that amount per year in no more than two seasons though, and potentially as soon as the 2011/2012 season.

It's all about paying for potential and if he continues improving at the pace he is at, this could be an absolute bargain by year 3 of the deal... even if he just plays at his current pace, it's on par with what comparable d-men are paid...

so will hawks fans be booing every player that left the team next year when they get the puck on their new teams or what. Im leaning towards yes because they are all bandwagon jumpers anyways, if they have any fans next year!!!

That's why they dealt most of them to the East, so the bandwagon fans don't realize how good their former players are doing, as they probably won't watch the other conference games at all and will only have to see these guys once a year at most at home...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#48 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:53 PM

Their defense will be solid next year.

Boyle-Hjalmarsson
Vlasic-Wallin
Leach-Murray

:scared:
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#49 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:54 PM

It's all about paying for potential and if he continues improving at the pace he is at, this could be an absolute bargain by year 3 of the deal... even if he just plays at his current pace, it's on par with what comparable d-men are paid...

I know its all about paying for potential, but my point is that he's not likely to play at a high enough level the final two seasons of the contract to make up for his likely level the first two. Yes, a guy of Hjalmarsson's talent is likely to outplay this contract at the end, but the price could be a shade steep for next year and possibly the following.

Nowhere am I saying it wasn't worth it though. Like I said in my initial post, great moveif your SJ.

#50 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:55 PM

They could still keep Hjalmarson if they are willing to let Niemi walk...but that would also include burying Huet in the KHL...so where I am at is that the choice is Hjalmarsson or Niemi...

Who would be their goalie?

first, the can't "send him to the KHL", not even an option and if I need to explain this, then you need to educate yourself...

second, you can't just "send someone to the AHL" there are ramifications there, even besides that whole, you know, an owner just eating 5 MILLION DOLLARS... the NHLPA could block the move for one, and ALSO, it sets a bad precedent for FA signings in the future...

Just like the whole Hudler can he or can't he KHL drama last year. No way that someone who already has a contract would be allowed to play in the KHL.

#51 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:56 PM

Should we hope that the draft class for all these CHI picks is a thin one?

Next year's draft is, in fact, supposed to be terrible.

#52 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:56 PM

If Lebda gets 1.45 Hjalmarsson is worth twice that already!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#53 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:57 PM

I know its all about paying for potential, but my point is that he's not likely to play at a high enough level the final two seasons of the contract to make up for his likely level the first two. Yes, a guy of Hjalmarsson's talent is likely to outplay this contract at the end, but the price is a shade steep for next year and possibly the following.

Nowhere am I saying it wasn't worth it though. Like I said in my initial post, great signing if your SJ.

My point is, that if he even plays as he did this past season and continues to improve at his rate, he's already worth at least 2.5-3 and should easily be worth that, or more by next year and the following two... who knows, sky's the limit... these are HUGE IF's, I'm just saying... long and the short if it, is that we both agree - great move by SJ :thumbup: :)

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#54 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

If Lebda gets 1.45 Hjalmarsson is worth twice that already!

Burke made a deadly mistake by signing him.I can't really complain that much,at least he isnt playing here anymore :thumbup:
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#55 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Who would be their goalie?

Just like the whole Hudler can he or can't he KHL drama last year. No way that someone who already has a contract would be allowed to play in the KHL.

Hudler wasn't under contract... so, no

EDIT - Hence why we had to "sign" him this year...

Edited by stevkrause, 09 July 2010 - 12:58 PM.

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#56 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:00 PM

I will give Chicago props for getting tons of picks to restock their farm system. As long as picks pan out they will have a swarm of young kids coming up again soon.

No doubt.

I think the Bowmans are doing a great job of restoring that franchise. Most teams try a longer range plan to someday win the Cup. Instead, they took their young guys and added expensive veterans and went for broke and won a frikin Stanley Cup. It seemed like they went from crap to winning the Cup in only two seasons. Vancuover's going on 40 yrs without winning the Cup. Now they have to lose a lot of guys, but they are restocking the farm while they still have a stud nucleus on the ice to remain competitive.

I for one say good job Chicago, good job Stan and Scotty.

Edited by T.Low, 09 July 2010 - 01:02 PM.

#57 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

My point is, that if he even plays as he did this past season and continues to improve at his rate, he's already worth at least 2.5-3 and should easily be worth that, or more by next year and the following two... who knows, sky's the limit... these are HUGE IF's, I'm just saying... long and the short if it, is that we both agree - great move by SJ :thumbup: :)

Totally....and just like most contracts, we'll have to moniter his continued devolopment over the course of those 4 years to see if it went from (what's right now) a good deal to what could potentially be an absolute steal by SJ (or CHI if they match).

#58 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Hudler wasn't under contract... so, no

EDIT - Hence why we had to "sign" him this year...

Also, why would he willingly just "go to the KHL" (even if it were an option, which it's not because he's under contract) when he's making 5m here? that's asinine to even suggest...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#59 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:01 PM

Just some further information on how bad the draft next year should be:

http://www.thehockey...oking-weak.html

“I’ve been in this racket for 15 years and straight across the board this is the weakest draft. Straight across the board, without question.” – Canadian Hockey League scout.

“It’s funny you say that,” the scout said. “We were somewhere watching a game and there was a Russian scout there and he said, ‘You know what, in Russia it’s the same thing.’ That shocked me. I figured, ‘Holy, is this worldwide? Do we have bad water or something?’ ”

So maybe Chicago's picks won't be that good. That would be hilarious if they were all busts.

#60 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:03 PM

Just some further information on how bad the draft next year should be:

http://www.thehockey...oking-weak.html

So maybe Chicago's picks won't be that good. That would be hilarious if they were all busts.

That would be funny, but I still think it's WAY too early to predict how next years draft class will look - a LOT can change in a 16, or 17 year olds game, not only in a year, but in 6 months, or even 3 months... a lot can change...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here