• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

How are you dealing with the off-season?

Rate this topic

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Its been about 2 months since the Wings last took the ice and I am going through major withdrawal right now. I'm I the only one? How have you guys been dealing with the pains of the off-season?

Personally, I've been watching my daily regiment of Red Wings youtube videos and playing lots of street hockey, but other than that, I'm left to weep in a dark corner (just kidding.....but not really...)

Sometimes watching Red Wings games again on Drumj's feed and looking for things that I hope to see from the Wings next year. Or looking for things that I hope to be better.

oo I didn't even think of this.

I've been playing street hockey when I can. Watching NHL Network, World Cup...

This is the time of the summer where sports get REEEAAALLY thin. Lets see we have... the ESPN Spelling Bee coming up... the Little League World Series.... NFL Pre-Season.... hmm

Youtube videos, keeping updated on Wings news via LGW/mlive, watching my Original Six Wings DVD, and reading several books about the Wings. It helps a little...

Edited by RWRNHZ40

I do what the players probably do: forget about hockey for 2-3 months.

Seriously though, it's the summer! I swim, lay in the sun, drink beers on patios, read good books, BBQ, play beer league and shinny hockey when i can, and starting this week I'll be working out.

If you can't find anything to do this time of year other then skim NHL headlines, priorities need to be re-evaluated.

;)

I really got hit by the bug tonight... watching 2008 highlights. Been through the 97/98 runs too. I think I've been spoiled by the last few springs, usually two months after we finish we're in training camp and almost finalizing rosters. It's summer break so all I've really got to do is work day and night, watch some baseball and hope time flies quick enough to get back to school and hockey season. I've got a good feeling about this year right now :thumbup:

Been too busy to notice.

I've been working full time and studying for another state's bar exam. It's not good to be GMR right now. Or ever.

Whoa. I thought you said you'd rather die than go through that again. At least you finally got a job though.

Whoa. I thought you said you'd rather die than go through that again. At least you finally got a job though.

Yeah, I know I said that. <_< I should have kept my mouth shut about that since I wished it on myself. I'm allowed to only go for one day, instead of two, so that should make it somewhat easier.

I've been unable to keep up with all the free agency and trades in the offseason so far.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Playing baseball and watching the World Cup. World Cup is over now though. It hasn't been very nice here so we have a lot of rain out games to make up later in the summer so that should eat up some time.

It's been pretty boring to be honest.

Sometimes watching Red Wings games again on Drumj's feed and looking for things that I hope to see from the Wings next year. Or looking for things that I hope to be better.

Huh...didn't think people were still using those links, or that they were still working.

I've been keeping up on Wings news of signings and whatever else is going on around the league. I've been visiting this site more often since July 1st too ;)

I'm also working on my new site for next season with the team of people that had expressed interested in helping me. Even got a fancy domain name :) hopefully all goes according to plan. Also starting my search for a Wings fan that has Directv and lives in Michigan or Northern Ohio, need to ask them a couple of questions. All apart of what I'm going to use a source next season, so hopefully I can figure something out *hint* :cool:

Oh and working on stuff with the band.